Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jet Set Radio

Franchise »

Jet Set Radio is an unconventional platforming roller-skating series that involves the player in creating graffiti on key locations throughout a futuristic and lavishly designed Tokyo. It is also the first video game to feature cel-shaded graphics.

A new JSR . . . what console do you think it would be on?

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arkthemaniac

What console do you think a new Jet Set Radio would be on? I'd think it'd either be on the 360 - for the power and because JSRF was on its predecessor - or the Wii - because SEGA is going apeshit with Wii support and IR could really sipce up the franchise. I'd think, in the end, it'd be on Wii, because, as I said, SEGa is going apeshit on it, and there are already two classic revivals either being made or have been made from SEGA.

Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Damonation

Apparently someone presented a Wii version to Sega but they didn't pick it up. The concept art is cool, link. I would like to see it on the 360 and PS3 because you could get some awesome HD graffiti and they could do some interesting things with the online capabilities.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

probably the 360, maybe ps3 and 360

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Yeah, what sparked me asking this is that IGN Nintendo did a "What Could Have Been" kind of thing with a Jet Set Radio Wii, which is what sparked my thoughts. The company that said they would make it is making House of the Dead: Overkill right now, so either a) they didn't want Headstorng to overextend themselves, b) they want to make it themselves, or c) they don't want a Wii version,

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Claude

It would be cheaper to make on the Wii... But would it pay off? I would play it on any platform, but the Wii... it could work.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

I think a new Jet Set Radio would be perfect on the 360. JSR in high def would be epic, not to mention with the online support the 360 has, it could be something super special. We'll never see it though, what with SEGA too busy trying to reinvent Sonic year on year and absolutely useless rehashes like SEGA Rally.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'll probably be on Wii.......but it really should be on 360 and PS3 for HD goodness. I don't really want to wave wiimotes around to spray paint. Plus on 360/PS3 there could be online. I really enjoyed the local multiplayer on JSRF and think it could be expanded more into an active online community if done right.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gunswordfist

DEFINITELY not on the Wii. The controls would suck on that console. It should be a 360 exclusive so they can try to tap into the full power of that one console and have NO motion sensoring.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gizmo

PS3 with crazy HD 1080p graphics.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By CoolDrMoney

All of em! A 360/PS3 title with HD graphics and classic gameplay, as well as a Wii title with a special motion control scheme for tagging. They would be different games instead of a main version and a watered down Wii port. Of course, this could never happen because it would make too much sense. 

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

^ so essentially the classic multiplatform game and crap wii version?  how original!

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By shadows_kill

im going to guess it would be ps3/360. i think it will probable be on ps3 since all the games sega has been puting on it (valkyria chronicles for example). i doubt wii but it could happen...

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#13  Edited By vigorousjammer

If it was on the Wii, now that MotionPlus has been released, it could really work...
    let's say you move around with the thumbstick on the nunchuck, you could use the c button to center the camera, the z button to jump, then you can hold wiimote like a spraycan, with your index finger on the B-button, doing different gestures, occasionally having to shake the wiimote up and down like a spraycan.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xyzygy

They would probably do it on the 360, just like the original for the Xbox, but who knows? I was surprised the game came out for the Xbox back in 2002 and not the PS2. Man... that game was so awesome. HD graphics would own.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By ProfessorEss

Multi-platform.

With the standard stripped-down, waggle filled, renamed version for the Wii.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.