Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Joe Danger

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Jun 08, 2010

Joe Danger stars the titular stuntman as he rides his motorcycle through over sixty levels in an attempt to stage a comeback and regain his former glory.

Not Much Love? It's Incredible!

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

How come there are so few topics about Mr. Joe Danger in here? Has anyone picked it up yet? If not, I urge you do. Just spent the last few hours playing - game feels really fun. There's just something supremely satisfying about chaining combos with these brilliantly satisfying physics and stupidly cartoony visuals. Looks like there's a helluva lot to the game too, brilliant value for £9.99.

Did anyone get it then? I've noticed both Jeff and Brad are in the scoreboards, so clearly some interest from the GiantBomb crew in this. I expect a Quick Look soon.

(Did I mention it has a MetaCritic of 88?)

(Did I also mention it was made by four people?)

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Rhaknar
    @get2sammyb said:
    " How come there are so few topics about Mr. Joe Danger in here? Has anyone picked it up yet? If not, I urge you do. Just spent the last few hours playing - game feels really fun. There's just something supremely satisfying about chaining combos with these brilliantly satisfying physics and stupidly cartoony visuals. Looks like there's a helluva lot to the game too, brilliant value for £9.99.

Did anyone get it then? I've noticed both Jeff and Brad are in the scoreboards, so clearly some interest from the GiantBomb crew in this. I expect a Quick Look soon.

(Did I mention it has a MetaCritic of 88?) "
    Jeff is a big excitebike fan so its no wodner he likes it. I never liked excitebike so... :P that, and i'm low on cash and still have retail games i want to get
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By get2sammyb
    @Rhaknar:  It's a bit more like Trials HD to ExciteBike in my opinion. Though it's clearly got influences from both. I'll accept your excuse. (You should still buy it though!)
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Gabriel

I'll probably pick it up after the quicklook

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By zero_

It's gotten great reviews and I like fun, split screen co-op games to play with my brother so this is a definite purchase already for me without a GB QuickLook

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By ProfessorEss

It definitely looks awesome to me, I see me picking it up soon.
    I just wish Sony would get in the habit of releasing demos for me to try before purchasing.

I think a demo would've encouraged a lot of people to try it out and drum up some word-of-mouth sales - especially for people who never played Excitebike.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Spoonman671

All the reviews I've seen have been pretty fantastic.  I think the problem with the game is that people really don't know what it is.  Platforming-stunt-racing game just confuses people.  Unfortunately the PSN shutdown today (8am-8pm, pacific time) certainly isn't going to encourage sales for this game.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By turboman

Messing around with it today, fucking stars have me hooked on trying to be perfect.... 

seems to get a lot deeper, I'm very interestted in later levels.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By hockeymask27

That quiclook made me wish i had ps3 right about now. Something that doesn't happen often. Unlike retail games i wont be able to suck my friend in to buying for his ps3.

abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By abdo
    @Hockeymask27:  Actually, wouldn't it be easier, since PSN games are cheaper? 

Besides, you could always save up and get your own PS3, just as long as you can think of some games you'd want.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HandsomeDead

This game looks like one of the final straws that will lead to me buying a new PS3. Honestly, it looks exactly like what a downloadable game should be.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @get2sammyb said:
    " How come there are so few topics about Mr. Joe Danger in here? Has anyone picked it up yet? If not, I urge you do. Just spent the last few hours playing - game feels really fun. There's just something supremely satisfying about chaining combos with these brilliantly satisfying physics and stupidly cartoony visuals. Looks like there's a helluva lot to the game too, brilliant value for £9.99.

(Did I mention it has a MetaCritic of 88?)  (Did I also mention it was made by four people?) "
    This is coming from someone who loves pop music. You can't be trusted.  :P
    Avatar image for fakeplastictree
    FakePlasticTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FakePlasticTree

It is a pretty great game. It's quite challenging too, especially if you're a completionist. 

MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By MiamiRedHawks

I've heard a little bit about it, but haven't really looked into the game yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.