I Asked Sony Why It Hasn't Signed Johann Sebastian Joust

• 72 results
#51 Posted by Zelnox (391 posts) -

@Ladnar said:

The More You Know. *jingle*

Intel Inside.

#52 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

JSJ does look like a very neat game, albeit not a video game.

Still, I don't have a move controller, or know anyone with a move controller, let alone 4 move controllers to make this game fun. An iPhone version makes a lot of sense, though.

#53 Posted by JamesJeux007 (479 posts) -

Man, watching this Big Live Live segment make me want to buy it ! The concept is GENIUS !

#54 Posted by ChrisTaran (1644 posts) -

Know why they haven't picked it up? It isn't a video game. Which is why this site should not have an article a month on the game.

#55 Posted by deathfromace (161 posts) -

@ChrisTaran said:

Know why they haven't picked it up? It isn't a video game. Which is why this site should not have an article a month on the game.

How is it not a game?

#56 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

How many people do you really think have the space to pull this off with 3 or more people? And also own more than 1 or 2 Move controllers?

It's the type of thing that is perfect for Microsoft's fake ideal Kinect setup advertisements and nothing else.

I don't think it will sell at all, much less last more than 10 minutes with anyone who does buy it. Seems pretty obvious why it isn't being picked up.

#57 Posted by Gordy (204 posts) -

@ChrisTaran said:

Don't be a dick dude. GOD FORBID they talk about things like Cards Against Humanity, or Ticket to Ride, or tons of wide ranging stuff completely unrelated to games like pizza balls, energy drinks, movies, etc.

This is not a games-only site. It's a personality site with a focus on games. Holy fucking christ.

#58 Posted by starfurydysan (62 posts) -

patrickklepek hey next time you do a YouTube video link for specific time you should use http://youtubetime.com/ to help with that instead of instructing readers to forward to a specific time in the video. It can be done manually but it is just a fast and simple way in case you forget.

#59 Edited by Jazzycola (662 posts) -

If I wanted to play this I could just buy a box of eggs and some spoons. It's a whole lot cheaper than buying 5 move controllers and a playstation eye.

#60 Posted by c_rakestraw (853 posts) -

My biggest regret from E3 was that I didn't get to check this out. Saw it there, but I just walked on by. Really wish I hadn't. Game seems cool.

#61 Posted by NoelVeiga (1102 posts) -

@Gordy said:

@ChrisTaran said:

Don't be a dick dude. GOD FORBID they talk about things like Cards Against Humanity, or Ticket to Ride, or tons of wide ranging stuff completely unrelated to games like pizza balls, energy drinks, movies, etc.

This is not a games-only site. It's a personality site with a focus on games. Holy fucking christ.

Also, since when has not being a videogame stopped Sony from purchasing cool stuff for the PS3? 4AM did not raise any eyebrows.

#62 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -

@Humanity said:

@Giefcookie said:

Most likely because no one owns a Move.

Or also the fact that PS3 is all about video games and JSJ apart from having a really awful name, has almost nothing to do with videogames as you don't even look at a TV. They would have to price it at below $5 or so for anyone to really care about purchasing what essentially is something you might find in a quirky 100 Party Games compilation.

Awful? This game's name is the best I have heard in a long long time. It's genuis actually, because once you've haeard it you probably won't forget it. Also, the game sounds great and I would love to play it - but I'm agreeing with you on your last point, the game does sound a bit small.

#63 Posted by CountRockula (398 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Noby Noby Boy and Linger in Shadows both say hi.

Sony is perfectly happy putting out weird non-games on their platform; I'd say this has more to do with the fact that this thing looks like a million lawsuits waiting to happen.

#64 Posted by ChrisTaran (1644 posts) -

@deathfromace: Never said it wasn't a game, it's not a videogame as there is no video component whatsoever.

#65 Posted by Arkasai (702 posts) -

Doesn't the developer stand to profit more from an iPhone/Android game like the one mentioned in the article? I don't know what people would pay for the game on PS Move, but 1-2 dollars in an app store sounds about right. Either that or hope Sony comes around and offers it as a pack-in with the Move.

#66 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4976 posts) -

I want to throw Kleptok at another person. :(

#67 Edited by ratzombie (170 posts) -

This is what annoys me about the whole Papa Quash controversy, Ustwo put out a working game and it was available to play. Meanwhile, we are still waiting to see anything come about Joust. What if it never comes out and is just vaporware?

#68 Posted by Mumrik (1080 posts) -

They showed their concept loooong ago and have yet to say anything about publishing or release. It seems like creative suicide to give others that long to take the concept (which to begin with is little more than a classic children's game).

#69 Posted by chilibean_3 (1657 posts) -

@Jazzycola said:

If I wanted to play this I could just buy a box of eggs and some spoons. It's a whole lot cheaper than buying 5 move controllers and a playstation eye.

fuuuuuuuuuuck you're right

#70 Posted by deathfromace (161 posts) -

@ChrisTaran said:

@deathfromace: Never said it wasn't a game, it's not a videogame as there is no video component whatsoever.

There is a really cool game on the xbox360 that is a videogame and sold as such but there is no video component. Don't recall the name of it anymore but the premise was you are a blind troll and a human is lost in your cave (dont think where was explained) and you use sound to find your way to the human to eat them. A really cool game that uses no video....

#71 Posted by vech24 (20 posts) -

@Jazzycola said:

Exactly! The fact that people are going apeshit over this whole JBJ thing is ridiculous. I played this in summer camp...when I was 9.

#72 Posted by ProfessorEss (7451 posts) -

Is there really a complex and interesting story behind all of this or is it simply that there's little to no demand for it?

#73 Posted by dropabombonit (1492 posts) -

I feel like Sony has give up on Move. Hope some third party gets this on PSN

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.