John Carmack QuakeCon Keynote

#1 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5118 posts) -

So do you know how John Carmack interviews himself when someone puts a microphone in front of him? Well imagine they didn't move that microphone for three and a half hours and just let him speak, the result is quite amazing. I really enjoyed that presentation so I thought I would post it here in case someone missed it. I must say after getting a small peek into Carmack's head, my brain hurts.

#2 Edited by living4theday258 (677 posts) -

Wait theres a forum section devoted to John Carmack?

EDIT: I don't have 3 hours to hear John Carmack make me feel like a complete dumbass :(

#3 Posted by Pazy (2553 posts) -

Ive been working my way though that for 2 days lol its amazing.

#4 Posted by tsiro (214 posts) -

I look forward to Carmack's QuakeCon keynote every year. He is an utterly fascinating individual, and I love listening to him talk. I'm excited to see him getting into the head-mounted VR space (it seems like there's some pretty cool progress being made there).

I wish I could just listen to Carmack talk all day, every day, but that would take too much time from all of the amazing things that he's doing.

#5 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5118 posts) -

@Pazy said:

Ive been working my way though that for 2 days lol its amazing.

Same here, day two and I only finished two hours. You got to take breaks or he will melt your brain.

#6 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2056 posts) -

@living4theday258: There's a forum section devoted to every character, developer, theme, game, company, item, etc etc on Giant Bomb, it's truly caters for ALL things gaming, plus hamburgers, especially the hamburgers.

#7 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2712 posts) -

Fuck that guy who yelled ''thank you'' after Carmack apologized for the PC version of Rage.

#8 Posted by Brendan (7522 posts) -

@BulletproofMonk said:

Fuck that guy who yelled ''thank you'' after Carmack apologized for the PC version of Rage.

Yeah, it's not so much the sentiment itself, but the public entitled douche-bagginess that was lame about that.

#9 Posted by jakob187 (21514 posts) -

Did that guy who yelled "thank you" not realize that John Carmack need not apologize for anything...ever...because he's goddamn John Carmack? He should be LUCKY that a god like Carmack would even apologize in the first place!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.