Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

John Carmack

Person » credited in 51 games

Co-founder of id Software, Carmack is a technical innovator in the video game industry. He is best known for his work in the Wolfenstein, Doom, and Quake franchises. He officially resigned from id in November 2013 to join Oculus VR.

John Carmack QuakeCon Keynote

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

So do you know how John Carmack interviews himself when someone puts a microphone in front of him? Well imagine they didn't move that microphone for three and a half hours and just let him speak, the result is quite amazing. I really enjoyed that presentation so I thought I would post it here in case someone missed it. I must say after getting a small peek into Carmack's head, my brain hurts.

Avatar image for living4theday258
    living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By living4theday258

Wait theres a forum section devoted to John Carmack?

EDIT: I don't have 3 hours to hear John Carmack make me feel like a complete dumbass :(

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pazy

Ive been working my way though that for 2 days lol its amazing.

tsiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By tsiro

I look forward to Carmack's QuakeCon keynote every year. He is an utterly fascinating individual, and I love listening to him talk. I'm excited to see him getting into the head-mounted VR space (it seems like there's some pretty cool progress being made there).

I wish I could just listen to Carmack talk all day, every day, but that would take too much time from all of the amazing things that he's doing.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@Pazy said:

Ive been working my way though that for 2 days lol its amazing.

Same here, day two and I only finished two hours. You got to take breaks or he will melt your brain.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Rhombus_Of_Terror

@living4theday258: There's a forum section devoted to every character, developer, theme, game, company, item, etc etc on Giant Bomb, it's truly caters for ALL things gaming, plus hamburgers, especially the hamburgers.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By BulletproofMonk

Fuck that guy who yelled ''thank you'' after Carmack apologized for the PC version of Rage.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Brendan

@BulletproofMonk said:

Fuck that guy who yelled ''thank you'' after Carmack apologized for the PC version of Rage.

Yeah, it's not so much the sentiment itself, but the public entitled douche-bagginess that was lame about that.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187

Did that guy who yelled "thank you" not realize that John Carmack need not apologize for anything...ever...because he's goddamn John Carmack? He should be LUCKY that a god like Carmack would even apologize in the first place!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.