Will John be on The Hotspot?

#1 Posted by schizogony (974 posts) -

If so, that would make an already very good podcast into a great podcast.

#2 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

I have predicted a direction that this thread is likely to go in. Let's see if it goes there...

#3 Posted by FreakAche (2949 posts) -
@LordAndrew: Irrational Gamespot hate you mean? That's my prediction too.

I for one think Gamespot is a pretty boring site to browse, but the Hotspot is still pretty good. It's just not as good as it used to be.
#4 Posted by YoctoYotta (541 posts) -

I respect the hell out of John Davidson, even put up with the not-my-demographic What They Play just to hear his sweet, sweet voice. Anyway, all John has to do to get me to potentially visit Gamespot once in a while is can that douchebag kid that hosts On The Spot and give everyone else there permission there to drop the corny schtick and act like normal human beings on camera. If he were to participate in the HotSpot, I'd start listening to that again for sure.

#5 Posted by EnchantedEcho (738 posts) -

I hope so, I love John Davidson, Brendan Sinclair does alirght too, hopefully Gamespot will get a redesign like he did with GamePro.

#6 Posted by schizogony (974 posts) -

Brendan, Tom, Kevin and John is my dream Hotspot cast.

#7 Posted by PhaggyBigNastyMcKill (564 posts) -

Seeing as this is Giantbomb I obviously don't follow gamespot/hotspot as well as this john fellow to even get wtf you are talking about. I hate people that start threads in the middle of a conversation and just expect everybody to know whats up?

#8 Edited by schizogony (974 posts) -
@PhaggyBigNastyMcKill said:

" Seeing as this is Giantbomb I obviously don't follow gamespot/hotspot as well as this john fellow to even get wtf you are talking about. I hate people that start threads in the middle of a conversation and just expect everybody to know whats up? "

This thread is on the John Davison board.  How about you read the John Davison page right here on the very site you're browsing?
#9 Edited by Foggen (836 posts) -
@PhaggyBigNastyMcKill: John Davison is a former EGM EIC who later created What They Play, a review site for parents of gamer kids, then turned Gamepro around.  He's a very erudite, British fellow with a very mature and fascinating perspective on games.  He's not unlike Gary Whitta in a lot of ways, except that he's still committed to games media.  He used to be a regular on 1Up Yours, where he was often the best part of the whole proceeding.  Adding him to any podcast would be a huge boon to it. 

The Hotspot is Gamespot's podcast that was kind of shattered after host Rich Gallup left, Gerstmann was fired, and most of the cast defected to Giant Bomb or other jobs (including Matt and Alex from Screened).
#10 Posted by TheBlindChessman (241 posts) -

I would listen to any podcast with John Davison on, so if he appears on a Gamespot podcast I'll add it to my download list.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.