Public service (?) announcement: released on GOG.com!

#1 Posted by august (3827 posts) -

Buy this forgotten... uh... classic? now? At GOG.com?
 
I'm playing it right now! It's not so bad!
 
 
 

 
 
 
oh god send help

#2 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

They actually have the nerves to still charge money for this?

#3 Posted by HatKing (5833 posts) -

Everybody needs to look at the screenshots that were selected to sell that game and explain to me what the fuck is going on in that shark scene.

#4 Posted by buft (3303 posts) -

@HatKing said:

Everybody needs to look at the screenshots that were selected to sell that game and explain to me what the fuck is going on in that shark scene.

Hot shark on shark action

#5 Posted by august (3827 posts) -
@HatKing said:

Everybody needs to look at the screenshots that were selected to sell that game and explain to me what the fuck is going on in that shark scene.

Yeah I has to inspect that closer. Looks like they are actually underwater. It's hard to tell.
#6 Edited by Icicle7x3 (1174 posts) -

gog is about to make me its bitch.

#7 Posted by august (3827 posts) -

Word of advice: play on the easiest setting. I got caught in an unwinnable situation about two minutes into the game on normal.

#8 Posted by HatKing (5833 posts) -

@buft: @august: Well, even if it is hot shark on shark underwater action, that explains the sharks, but what about the large man walking next to them? He's clearly not swimming. Also your character is pretty small in that shot.

I'm really worried I'm going to have to buy this just to find out.

#9 Posted by august (3827 posts) -
@HatKing: In the future swimming will be made obsolete. By cybernetics. And robot frogs. 
 
I am not making up the frogs part.
#10 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1631 posts) -

Goddammit you're making me want to play this. WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?

#11 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

@Icicle7x3 said:

gog is about to make me its bitch.

you should probably think about maybe sucking it down when you're there. :)

#12 Posted by HatKing (5833 posts) -

@august said:

@HatKing: In the future swimming will be made obsolete. By cybernetics. And robot frogs. I am not making up the frogs part.

Robot frogs? Frobots? Rogs?

I might really need to play this.

#13 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2313 posts) -

The man in the shark pic looks like Shaq.

Online
#14 Posted by august (3827 posts) -
@EarlessShrimp: Taste this! It's horrible!
#15 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1631 posts) -

@august: downloading it now.... Good thing I have the day off tomorrow so I can cry in the shower fully clothed all day after this experience.

#16 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2228 posts) -
@HatKing said:

@buft: @august: Well, even if it is hot shark on shark underwater action, that explains the sharks, but what about the large man walking next to them? He's clearly not swimming. Also your character is pretty small in that shot.

I'm really worried I'm going to have to buy this just to find out.

Thats not until the final episode, and I believe that scene is about halfway through the final episode. You can't skip episodes like in the original Doom or Quake, either. 
Advice to everyone: Play this game in co-op.
Online
#17 Edited by BaconGames (3303 posts) -

I remember actually giving this game an honest shot something like 4 years ago. I made it about half way through the game before I just couldn't do it anymore. You know what? I'm actually proud I made it that far. Besides, by doing that I think I've earned the right to make this joke:

Online
#18 Posted by buft (3303 posts) -

@SomeDeliCook said:

@HatKing said:

@buft: @august: Well, even if it is hot shark on shark underwater action, that explains the sharks, but what about the large man walking next to them? He's clearly not swimming. Also your character is pretty small in that shot.

I'm really worried I'm going to have to buy this just to find out.

Thats not until the final episode, and I believe that scene is about halfway through the final episode. You can't skip episodes like in the original Doom or Quake, either. Advice to everyone: Play this game in co-op.

I dont trust anyone whose advice contains references to playing Daikatana :p

#19 Posted by august (3827 posts) -

The first level of this games is intense! As in intensely making me look up ancient IGN strategy guides so I can figure out what the fuck to do next.

#20 Posted by ThePaleKing (613 posts) -

@august: Here's my strategy guide: Don't play it.

#21 Edited by august (3827 posts) -
@EarlessShrimp said:

@august: downloading it now.... Good thing I have the day off tomorrow so I can cry in the shower fully clothed all day after this experience.

The more I play it there's just one thing I want you and anyone else who buys this game because of this thread to keep in mind:
 
I do not owe you six American dollars.
#22 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11492 posts) -

Well crap. It won't be today, it won't be tomorrow, but some day I will trick myself into thinking purchasing this game is a good idea. And I will hate myself for it.

#23 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1631 posts) -

You know, I wasn't sure how I felt about it. But then Ghost Samurai Plumber Jesus comes in and wins me over(spoilers). This has guilty pleasure written all over it. I found about half the secrets in the first level and it made it super easy. get that c4 launcher SON.

#24 Posted by Phatmac (5723 posts) -
@Icicle7x3 said:

gog is about to make me its bitch.

#25 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2228 posts) -
@buft said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

@HatKing said:

@buft: @august: Well, even if it is hot shark on shark underwater action, that explains the sharks, but what about the large man walking next to them? He's clearly not swimming. Also your character is pretty small in that shot.

I'm really worried I'm going to have to buy this just to find out.

Thats not until the final episode, and I believe that scene is about halfway through the final episode. You can't skip episodes like in the original Doom or Quake, either. Advice to everyone: Play this game in co-op.

I dont trust anyone whose advice contains references to playing Daikatana :p

If someones willing to actually give it a shot, then they should skip straight into a co-op session. Even if they play by themselves, it gets rid of the AI partners and the stupid "I CAN'T LEAVE WITHOUT MY BUDDY SUPAH FLYYY"
Online
#26 Edited by falling_fast (2190 posts) -

hahaha. no, seriously, lest anyone somehow miss the humour of this thread, don't actually buy this game. this game really is as terrible as people say.

#27 Posted by august (3827 posts) -
@EarlessShrimp said:

You know, I wasn't sure how I felt about it. But then Ghost Samurai Plumber Jesus comes in and wins me over(spoilers). This has guilty pleasure written all over it. I found about half the secrets in the first level and it made it super easy. get that c4 launcher SON.

So the underwater tunnel you take to find the c4 launcher seems to have sealed up behind me? Is there another way out?
#28 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

@HatKing said:

Everybody needs to look at the screenshots that were selected to sell that game and explain to me what the fuck is going on in that shark scene.

That shark has a tongue and its tongue is another shark.

#29 Posted by BlastProcessing (912 posts) -

Least it's not Daikatana 64!

#30 Posted by Wampa1 (627 posts) -

2.15's quick nod to it totally sums up my feelings on it.

#31 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1631 posts) -

@august said:

@EarlessShrimp said:

You know, I wasn't sure how I felt about it. But then Ghost Samurai Plumber Jesus comes in and wins me over(spoilers). This has guilty pleasure written all over it. I found about half the secrets in the first level and it made it super easy. get that c4 launcher SON.

So the underwater tunnel you take to find the c4 launcher seems to have sealed up behind me? Is there another way out?

There definitely is but I don't remember too well. I'm trying not to have a broken spirit... So that room where the c4 launcher is, you've gotta keep going up and... god it's really hard to explain when everything has the same texture, but basically just look around for large health packs and you'll find your way out, since there's a health pack in front of it.

#32 Posted by HansKaosu (692 posts) -

*throws money at screen*

#33 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3482 posts) -
#34 Posted by ShaggE (6343 posts) -

...

Fuck.

I gave up trying to play this game halfway through the first level ten years ago.

I'm still going to buy this. Probably going to record myself playing it, too. Goddammit.

#35 Posted by Insectecutor (1177 posts) -

@Icicle7x3 said:

gog is about to make me its bitch.

gold.

#36 Posted by BeachThunder (11716 posts) -

I'll probably buy it at some point. I can only assume it's not as bad as people make it out to be?

#37 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (730 posts) -

Have Daikatana 64, going to buy this.

#38 Posted by Eaxis (899 posts) -

Unprofessional Friday with Daikatana please.

#39 Posted by Fattony12000 (7092 posts) -

WAIT. WHAT.

WHAT'S ALL THIS EGYPT AND METAL-ASS GOTHIC SHIT?

I thought the game was set in a Blade Runner styled future city. Or am I just covering up my traumatic memories with lies in order to protect myself?

#40 Posted by Ghostiet (5229 posts) -
@mylifeforAiur said:

Daikatana quicklook?

Alright, when?
#41 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

*bursts into uncontrollable laughter for 45 minutes*

#42 Posted by august (3827 posts) -

I think the console that's supposed to open one of the doors in the first level glitched out on me. So I get to basically start over.
 
Also the loading screen.
 
Also THIS GAME

#43 Edited by FaPaThY (119 posts) -

Public *Disservice Announcement you mean.

#44 Posted by fox01313 (5064 posts) -

Also now up on steam though unsure what the demand is on this oddity. Not sure I'd want to play this after all I've heard on it but glad it's out on steam & other places to preserve gaming history.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/242980/

#45 Posted by believer258 (11677 posts) -

This seems like one of those games you need to play just because it's so damn bad. Just to remind you what a bad game really and truly is.

I haven't played it, so I don't know if it will live up to the, er, hype, but I hope it does.

#46 Posted by Fattony12000 (7092 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.