Move 'Em On, Head 'Em Out, Rock Band!

• 128 results
Posted by Ryan (1263 posts) -

When you're talking about what has made the Rock Band franchise great, the full-band experience is certainly clutch, but it's been the relentless post-release support from Harmonix that has really given the franchise its legs. While downloading the songs directly through the in-game store is the preferred method for many, themed disc-based packages serve the need of the less connected rocketeers.

On February 1, Harmonix is releasing Rock Band Country Track Pack 2, which promises, and I'm not making any of this up, a full 21 tracks of full-bore, gut-clenching, beer-swillin', god-fearin', trailer-slappin', red-white-and-blue honky tonk. The kind of twang this beautiful country was founded on. Here's a full track listing, in case you somehow require further convincing.

• Billy Currington - That's How Country Boys Roll
  • Chely Wright - Single White Female
  • Darius Rucker - Alright
  • Darryl Worley - Awful Beautiful Life
  • Dierks Bentley - Sideways
  • Dwight Yoakam - Intentional Heartache
  • Gary Allan - Man of Me
  • George Strait - Twang
  • Jason Aldean - Crazy Town
  • Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire
  • Justin Moore - Backwoods
  • Keith Urban - Kiss a Girl
  • Lady Antebellum    - Perfect Day
  • Laura Bell Bundy - Giddy On Up
  • Luke Bryan    - Rain is a Good Thing
  • Merle Haggard - Mama Tried
  • Rascal Flatts - Summer Nights
  • Reba McEntire - The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia
  • Shania Twain - Party for Two (With Billy Currington)
  • Sugarland - Settlin'
  • Trace Adkins - Ride

I mean Dwight Yoakam? George Strait? Merle Haggard?! JOHNNY HOUSE ON FIRE HAND TO GOD LIVE FROM FOLSOM PRISON MAN IN GOD-SNEERIN' BLACK GUITAR FULL OF AMPHETAMINES CASH!?! In light of this momentous occasion, Harmonix has generously furnished us with three, count 'em, three copies of the Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 for Xbox 360 (which, I should note, come with codes that will let you import the songs on the disc directly into Rock Band 3,) to distribute to you kind folks in an appropriately grandiose, hillbilly fashion.

If there's one thing we love as much as this great nation, it's causing undue grief to Harmonix Street Team Member John Drake. With that in mind, and in the downhome country spirit of the Rock Band Country Track Pack 2, we want you to warm up your Photoshop chops and craft an image that really captures the essence of "country" while also prominently featuring the bright-eyed, full-browed visage of John Drake himself. We have graciously provided a small gallery of very choice, candid photos of John Drake to help get you started. If this ain't synergy, I don't know what is!

Post your submissions in the comments below by Monday, January 31, and a heavily partial group of judges from Whiskey Media and Harmonix Music Systems will convene to determine the winning entries. Now giddiyup! 

UPDATE: The contest is closed and the winners have been chosen! Thanks to everyone who participated, and an extra-special thanks to John Drake himself for being such a good sport about our grossly unnecessary shenanigans. Winners, check your PM boxes! You should receive a message from me shortly.  

Staff
#1 Posted by Ryan (1263 posts) -

When you're talking about what has made the Rock Band franchise great, the full-band experience is certainly clutch, but it's been the relentless post-release support from Harmonix that has really given the franchise its legs. While downloading the songs directly through the in-game store is the preferred method for many, themed disc-based packages serve the need of the less connected rocketeers.

On February 1, Harmonix is releasing Rock Band Country Track Pack 2, which promises, and I'm not making any of this up, a full 21 tracks of full-bore, gut-clenching, beer-swillin', god-fearin', trailer-slappin', red-white-and-blue honky tonk. The kind of twang this beautiful country was founded on. Here's a full track listing, in case you somehow require further convincing.

• Billy Currington - That's How Country Boys Roll
  • Chely Wright - Single White Female
  • Darius Rucker - Alright
  • Darryl Worley - Awful Beautiful Life
  • Dierks Bentley - Sideways
  • Dwight Yoakam - Intentional Heartache
  • Gary Allan - Man of Me
  • George Strait - Twang
  • Jason Aldean - Crazy Town
  • Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire
  • Justin Moore - Backwoods
  • Keith Urban - Kiss a Girl
  • Lady Antebellum    - Perfect Day
  • Laura Bell Bundy - Giddy On Up
  • Luke Bryan    - Rain is a Good Thing
  • Merle Haggard - Mama Tried
  • Rascal Flatts - Summer Nights
  • Reba McEntire - The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia
  • Shania Twain - Party for Two (With Billy Currington)
  • Sugarland - Settlin'
  • Trace Adkins - Ride

I mean Dwight Yoakam? George Strait? Merle Haggard?! JOHNNY HOUSE ON FIRE HAND TO GOD LIVE FROM FOLSOM PRISON MAN IN GOD-SNEERIN' BLACK GUITAR FULL OF AMPHETAMINES CASH!?! In light of this momentous occasion, Harmonix has generously furnished us with three, count 'em, three copies of the Rock Band Country Track Pack 2 for Xbox 360 (which, I should note, come with codes that will let you import the songs on the disc directly into Rock Band 3,) to distribute to you kind folks in an appropriately grandiose, hillbilly fashion.

If there's one thing we love as much as this great nation, it's causing undue grief to Harmonix Street Team Member John Drake. With that in mind, and in the downhome country spirit of the Rock Band Country Track Pack 2, we want you to warm up your Photoshop chops and craft an image that really captures the essence of "country" while also prominently featuring the bright-eyed, full-browed visage of John Drake himself. We have graciously provided a small gallery of very choice, candid photos of John Drake to help get you started. If this ain't synergy, I don't know what is!

Post your submissions in the comments below by Monday, January 31, and a heavily partial group of judges from Whiskey Media and Harmonix Music Systems will convene to determine the winning entries. Now giddiyup! 

UPDATE: The contest is closed and the winners have been chosen! Thanks to everyone who participated, and an extra-special thanks to John Drake himself for being such a good sport about our grossly unnecessary shenanigans. Winners, check your PM boxes! You should receive a message from me shortly.  

Staff
#2 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

Cool stuff.

#3 Posted by soli (60 posts) -

aha

#4 Posted by jford (57 posts) -

Gotta love John Drake!

#5 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -

Drake is going to love you guys for this.

#6 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

Oh my god I have to actually try for this.

#7 Posted by Phanman (30 posts) -

No PS3 love Harmonix? And I love Photoshopping too :(

#8 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Hah, winning stuff, me? I'll just buy it instead I guess. Can't wait to see some of the good stuff that will come out of this though :D

#9 Posted by ShaggE (6320 posts) -

My general stance on most country is "...eh", but Ring of Fire and   The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia are severely tempting... (even if I heavily prefer the Vicki Lawrence version)

#10 Posted by AllanIceman (1322 posts) -

John T. Drake makes the craziest faces. 

#11 Posted by FLStyle (4566 posts) -

Extra points for using a cap of the Big Live Show Jeff and Drake dancing .gif?

#12 Posted by Anthony (231 posts) -

Darius Rucker is the singer from Hootie and the Blowfish. Quite a change! 

#13 Posted by natetodamax (19170 posts) -

Yuck

#14 Posted by sixdemonbag (77 posts) -

Very quick and dirty...soon to be outvoted.
#15 Posted by Johntdrake (34 posts) -

son of a bitch.

#16 Posted by deyanne (66 posts) -

holy shit this has the potential to be amazing :D 

#17 Posted by Chris2KLee (2328 posts) -

Oh, this is gonna be sweet.

#18 Posted by tineyoghurt (358 posts) -

I'm so good at photoshop... OH LOOK IT'S A COWBOY ON A HORSIE!!!!

#19 Posted by Butano (1728 posts) -

Oh my lord, my weekend is officially booked now.

#20 Posted by zityz (2360 posts) -

WELL SLAP MAH KNEE AND PUNCH A HOMO! IF THATS NOT THE DARN BEST IDER I EVER DID HEAR! 

this will be most fun...mmmyes indeed.

#21 Posted by chogi (554 posts) -

#22 Posted by Winternet (8002 posts) -

Make them all and let God sort 'em out.

#23 Posted by Megadestructo (7 posts) -
#24 Posted by ApolloBob (570 posts) -
@chogi said:
"
  "
I don't believe we can top this.
#25 Posted by Sweep (8816 posts) -

I am tempted to leave university right now so I can go home and fire up photoshop :|

#26 Edited by Skald (4367 posts) -

"Get away from my trailah, mister. I ain't gonna ask ya twice."
#27 Posted by kerse (2100 posts) -
@chogi said:
"
  "
win
#28 Edited by AgentofChaos (1565 posts) -

No "Theme from Rawhide" by the Blues Brothers? Ryan, you are a tease.

#29 Edited by freecajunlove (145 posts) -

Best I could do before work.
#30 Posted by jmic75 (262 posts) -

lol I'm not sure if any of those photos need photo-shopping. 

#31 Edited by BRINKTheMovieMyFavoriteMovie (147 posts) -

Having lived in the South all my life... I think this might be pretty accurate?
#32 Posted by Mike_Sandbag (40 posts) -

It's a shame there's not a PS3 track pack up for grabs... Good luck to the participants on 360 though. Should be entertaining to see the entries.

#33 Edited by skrutop (3615 posts) -

edit: Oh what the hell, why not? 

#34 Posted by nick_verissimo (1380 posts) -
@chogi said:
"
  "
Winner
#35 Posted by xinoart (1 posts) -

#36 Posted by Finstern (639 posts) -

Drake Busey
#37 Posted by Bleshoo (118 posts) -

I gave it a shot...
#38 Posted by Undeadpool (4908 posts) -
@chogi said:
"
  "
Just give all three to Chogi.
#39 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

Johnny Drake's debut album:   Rigopulos' Whiskey
#40 Posted by sixdemonbag (77 posts) -
@BRINKTheMovieMyFavoriteMovie:

There needs to be a NASCAR in there somewhere, preferably #3 to be true south accurate.
#41 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -

I don't know most of these, but I know that the second the hubby sees Ring of Fire, he'll say this is a purchase.

#42 Posted by minorinya (175 posts) -

Yup. Chogi wins it hands down.

#43 Posted by Ronald (1338 posts) -

Since I started with Rock Band for PS3 everything Rock Band I have through RB3 has been for PS3 so good luck to everyone else. Besides, I have the one song I really care about from this set already purchased. Which strangely is a cover.

#44 Posted by Kariodude (1 posts) -

This captures country western in the best way I could think of.

#45 Posted by Cahill (1 posts) -

#46 Edited by superscatman (79 posts) -

Larger version -->  http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/9999/goodoldboy.jpg
#47 Posted by DrBeardface (242 posts) -

This is getting more awesome by the minute.

#48 Edited by dropslash (2 posts) -

Fixed!
#49 Posted by RagingLion (1363 posts) -

*gets popcorn*  :)

#50 Edited by CFB (121 posts) -

I don't have a 360 so I can't officially enter, but..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.