Dio (Part 1) and Enrico Pucci (P6) confirmed

#1 Edited by rubberluffy (476 posts) -

To the surprise of pretty much no one, the villains of Phantom Blood and Stone Ocean were confirmed. So we have pre-Stand Dio, most likely to be utilizing his vampire powers and general dickishness, and Father Pucci has his Made In Heaven Stand in the magazine scan. Glad to have Pucci in, he's an interesting villain and a total Dio fanboy.

#2 Edited by BBAlpert (1579 posts) -

I've only seen a bit of (one of) the anime series('), but I hope they have that orangutan that wore a little sea captain's outfit and had a cruise ship as a Stand (or was it Altar/Alter? I can't remember which one was from JoJo and which one was from Scryed).

*edit: Evidently the simian seaman's name is Forever, named after the Wu-Tang Clan's second album. I really need to read more JoJo.

#3 Posted by RetroMetal (202 posts) -

#4 Posted by rubberluffy (476 posts) -

@bbalpert said:

I've only seen a bit of (one of) the anime series('), but I hope they have that orangutan that wore a little sea captain's outfit and had a cruise ship as a Stand (or was it Altar/Alter? I can't remember which one was from JoJo and which one was from Scryed).

*edit: Evidently the simian seaman's name is Forever, named after the Wu-Tang Clan's second album. I really need to read more JoJo.

Yeah, and his Stand is Strength. Pretty confident he won't make it in as a playable character, but his ship would work really well as a stage, with him as a stage-hazard.

#5 Posted by ShrimpDino (78 posts) -

Great to see Pucci is in the game :D

#6 Posted by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -

WE'RE OFF TO THE WITCH!

#7 Posted by rubberluffy (476 posts) -

Full scan with bonus translation:

So we can see Pucci is going to have Whitesnake, C-Moon and Made In Heaven, but how will he play? All three have vastly different powers, unlike Koichi's Echoes Act 1/2/3 and Johnny's Tusk Act 1/2/3/4, which all feature an evolution of the first form's power.

#8 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -

wrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 Edited by Mezmero (2076 posts) -

Oh cool! Playing OG Dio is going to be sick. It's a good excuse to make a character with ice attacks. It couldn't be a fighting game without at least one person who could freeze his opponent. Hope we get all 3 iterations of Dio by the time it's released. I'm sort of meh for Pucci being in this game. Sure he's interesting as a villain but not really by the way he fought face to face but by the way White Snake could extract and bestow Stand powers to people. Surely they have something bizarre in mind.

#10 Posted by JackSukeru (5967 posts) -

Great, great, great! This is all great.

I'm curious what category Dio will be in as a fighter since he doesn't immediately seem to fit into any of the already established Ripple, Mode, Stand or Horse categories. Maybe they'll just stick him in Mode?

Also, this game now has 2/3 of the required Dio quota, all we need now is confirmation of Diego and things will be swell.

#11 Posted by buckybit (1455 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.