Fourth Trailer Released

#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

Finally some stuff I can recognize with the Phantom Blood representation! Release date for Japan was recently revealed to be August 29th, 2013.

Also, the official site has a character overview with all of the characters announced thus far.

#2 Posted by dungbootle (2454 posts) -

Really awesome trailer as always. Jonathan/Zeppeli/Johnny look great. Interesting that they included the JoJolion protagonist since his part isn't done yet. I'm a little disappointed that Kira is DLC, you could cut out a sidekick to make room for him; he is a main villain after all.

#3 Posted by rubberluffy (439 posts) -

Oh man, so HYPE. Gyro vs Kakyoin's "Rella rella rella" vs "rero rero rero" is amazing. And Kira Yoshikage is DLC? Major bummer, why would they make the main villain of Part 4 not in the game by default? They could have taken out Hol Horse and made him DLC instead.

#4 Posted by Piqued_Interest (63 posts) -

Horse on Horse fighting. Count me interested.

I know almost nothing about JoJo, but playing this with no English would seem awesome.

#5 Posted by Aetheldod (3495 posts) -

The lack of any interesting females is a big bummer (come on the girl is awfull as hell ) no interest in this game Im afraid

#6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

I know almost nothing about JoJo, but playing this with no English would seem awesome.

Start watching the anime series that started in late 2012. That's how I got interested in it and I found that it's great.

#7 Edited by dungbootle (2454 posts) -

@aetheldod said:

The lack of any interesting females is a big bummer (come on the girl is awfull as hell ) no interest in this game Im afraid

#8 Posted by HerbieBug (4195 posts) -

I think the art style they've chosen for this is ugly.

#9 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

I think the art style they've chosen for this is ugly.

That's insane. At least, when you consider that they've practically, perfectly reproduced the art style of the manga/anime. CC2 are the best developers at reproducing anime art style to 3D video games.

#10 Posted by dungbootle (2454 posts) -

@fluxwavez: That's true, I'm not into Naruto but the way the CC2 games animate is fantastic.

#11 Posted by Aetheldod (3495 posts) -

@dungbootle: :P as awesome as that was ... just look at her Chun li wannabe ugly hair style , just no , cant get past it D:

#12 Posted by rubberluffy (439 posts) -

@piqued_interest said:

Part 7 - Steel Ball Run is about a horse race across the United States, so yeah, Johnny (fingernail dude) and Gyro ("rella rella rella") get their horses in this.

@dungbootle: :P as awesome as that was ... just look at her Chun li wannabe ugly hair style , just no , cant get past it D:

Don't insult Jolyne, she's one of the best female characters in anime/manga.

#13 Posted by SherlockHyde (15 posts) -

Yeah, Jolyne is pretty much the best, and Stone Free is a stand with sunglasses, so I kinda can't NOT like her. I'm kinda disappointed that the best villain is going to be DLC, but if Kira will eventually be playable, hopefully Valentine, Kars, Diavolo, and Pucci will be available for download. Or like, 2 more versions of Joseph, that'd be nice.

Also, Tusk Act 4 is still the coolest stand, and I can't wait to play as Johnny. And Josuke, but that's just 'cause Josuke is my favorite Joestar.

August can't come fast enough!

#14 Edited by rubberluffy (439 posts) -

@sherlockhyde said:

Yeah, Jolyne is pretty much the best, and Stone Free is a stand with sunglasses, so I kinda can't NOT like her. I'm kinda disappointed that the best villain is going to be DLC, but if Kira will eventually be playable, hopefully Valentine, Kars, Diavolo, and Pucci will be available for download. Or like, 2 more versions of Joseph, that'd be nice.

Also, Tusk Act 4 is still the coolest stand, and I can't wait to play as Johnny. And Josuke, but that's just 'cause Josuke is my favorite Joestar.

August can't come fast enough!

Josuke (and Jolyne too) fans unite *brofist*. Wanna get my DORARARARARA on.

#15 Posted by Karmosin (208 posts) -

Is it official that this game will get a western release? Reading the manga right now and if it gets oversea It'll definately be on my must-buy-list. So many characters I want though... Well, stardust crusaders seem to be the most popular one so I guess it's logical to put most characters from that one in it.

#16 Posted by Piqued_Interest (63 posts) -

@fluxwavez: On your recommendation, decided to give it a go.

The GB community should rally around this show for use of wobble bass.

I think of Dubstep being a pretty Euro-American thing, but I guess it is happening in Japan too.

#17 Edited by Mezmero (1768 posts) -

Excited for this. Here's hoping the main villains aren't all in DLC. I can see balance issues arising with those dudes but I think they're doable. Current readers can't even comprehend the potential of Soft And Wet's ability yet they're already putting the new Josuke into a fighting game in production. Hopefully the character will be better fleshed out by the time August roll around. I'll be curious to see if they end up sticking with the voice actors in the game for future episodes of the ongoing cartoon.

#18 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

@mezmero: I don't think CC2 is very concerned with balance at all. They've said themselves that they don't consider this a fighting game, but a "Jojo game" and there's been reports from whatever playable demo was at an event that a certain character was crazy OP.

#19 Posted by Mezmero (1768 posts) -

@fluxwavez: Makes sense since it's a series built around beating overwhelming odds. Just a little nuance in the fighting mechanics is all it would take to keep things interesting.

#20 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

Not making a separate thread for this, but Caesar and ACDC from Battle Tendency have been confirmed from Jump:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.