It's 1600 Ms points....Capcom does it again!

#1 Posted by Tobiass (150 posts) -

1600 for an old game like this.

#2 Edited by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

Yeah, PSN is showing the same price. I would pay at most $5 for it.

#3 Edited by DarkShaper (1338 posts) -

If only they had announced the price along with the game... oh wait they did.

#4 Posted by MikkaQ (10294 posts) -

Are you serious? And here I was hoping it was gonna be 800 since it's such an insignificant fighting game. I mean I love me some Jojo's, but at that price I'd rather just whip out the Dreamcast. There will be literally no online community for this in two months.

#5 Posted by Barrabas (326 posts) -

Guys, this is kind of old news. People got upset about it a long time ago when the price was first announced. If you think that's too much just do what I'm doing and don't buy it.

#6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19354 posts) -

I bet you wouldn't even buy it at 800.

#7 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2054 posts) -

I'd only buy it if it was 2400 points.

#8 Posted by Commisar123 (1793 posts) -

bought it.....no idea why....anyone wanna play Jo Jo's?

#9 Posted by Hailinel (24973 posts) -

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure isn't a Capcom property. It's a manga license that they turned into a fighting game. The premium price probably has to do with that.

#10 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3881 posts) -

@InfiniteGeass said:

You are the 1%

#11 Posted by ShaggE (6478 posts) -

You can't read Dead Rising's text on an SDTV!!!

Seriously, though, that's a few too many dollars for that, for me.

#12 Posted by Morningstar (2174 posts) -

@InfiniteGeass said:

Yeah, 1600 points indicates a low quality of product. 2400 or no sale Capcom!

#13 Posted by rubberluffy (465 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure isn't a Capcom property. It's a manga license that they turned into a fighting game. The premium price probably has to do with that.

It is a pretty big year for JoJo, since the manga has been running for 25 years. 20 bucks was a poor pricing decision regardless. It'll turn off any potential new fans. I mean, I love JJBA and am considering getting this because I only played about an hour of the Dreamcast version and liked it but the DC controller makes me want to kill myself. I'd be less on the fence if it was 5-10 bucks cheaper.

I am pretty excited for the new anime in October and the Cyberconnect2 game.

Also I played the demo and holy shit am I bad at it. I can barely beat Avdol on the lowest difficulty settings :(

#14 Posted by JJOR64 (19003 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

That's my guess as well.

#15 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

@ShaggE: That Dead rising statement brought back so many bad memories...

#16 Posted by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

@Tobiass: Linkly links to more pics of the chick in the avatar, kind sir?

#17 Edited by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

This.

Already have a copy, but may still buy.

#18 Posted by AjayRaz (12431 posts) -

@InfiniteGeass said:

now this guy knows what he's talking about. i don't buy low priced games. you just lost a sale, Capcom.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.