A Strange Little Thing

#1 Edited by SearingLight (18 posts) -

Edit: This "problem" has been fixed as of patch 2.0. I like follow-up.

So, I noticed a strange little thing in the opening screens explaining the save icon for Journey: "Please do not turn of the PlayStation 3"

Combined with the lovely "Capcapom" activities of late, is it safe to assume that not even fantastic games are free from poor grammar and lack of extra editorial eyeballs? Or is this just a silly, silly thing that I am far too worked up over?

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Congrats. From what I heard. You have found the ONE thing wrong with Journey. 

#3 Posted by Sackmanjones (4609 posts) -

I have decided I don't like journey anymore… thanks

#4 Posted by Stepside (506 posts) -

lol

#5 Posted by Tamaster92 (271 posts) -

You could say that's a....

Reviliation

#6 Posted by ZOnikJJ (258 posts) -

LOL....

Emmmmbarrassing...

#7 Posted by Milkman (16228 posts) -

Please sign my petition to change this immediately. I don't want to contact the FTC.

#8 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2047 posts) -

machinegunless

#9 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

Perfect game MY ASS!

#10 Posted by SearingLight (18 posts) -

Mmm, delicious sarcasm abound. I love it! Ah well, there goes my lofty goals to use this as a launching point for spectacularly minor quibbles with great games. Gosh darn it.

#11 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@SearingLight said:

Mmm, delicious sarcasm abound. I love it! Ah well, there goes my lofty goals to use this as a launching point for spectacularly minor quibbles with great games. Gosh darn it.

In truth its you nit picking. So what if someone  forgot that? It would be different if it was much worse. 
#12 Posted by DonutFever (3515 posts) -

Jenova Chen should be executed.

#13 Edited by SearingLight (18 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@SearingLight said:

In truth it's you nit picking. So what if someone forgot that? It would be different if it was much worse.

It most certainly is. Did I deride the game for it? Not particularly. Do I think less of it for containing such an error? Not at all. A terrific game is a terrific game.

In fact, I believe I even point out - multiple times, even! (who knew repetition could be a good thing?) - that the very fact that I'm "worried" about this may be a sign that I have nothing better to worry about.

Oh, and you forgot an apostrophe there. I helped you out with it.

Friendsies?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.