Did it just tell me who I played with?

#1 Posted by Rabbykayn (227 posts) -

At the end of my playthrough (which was with the same person the entire time) it said Companions you met along the way: and then listed a name. Is that a gamertag? I thought the game didn't give that information.

#2 Posted by Krummey (198 posts) -

Yes. I had four people on the list.

#3 Edited by Djratchet (669 posts) -

Yes, it lists the PSN IDs at the end. After Journey is over, you can FINALLY talk to your partner(s). It doesn't matter anymore, because it's notlike you are going to play Journey with them again (or it is highly unlikely,anyway.) I had 8 people on my list.

#4 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Caught me by surprise when I just started up the game (I intentionally did read or see anything about the game before playing) and saw another person, and I played maybe 30 minutes wondering if this was a real online player or an NPC, after a while it was obvious I was playing with someone, that was pretty cool not knowing it had online multiplayer then experiencing it first hand. Payed off not reading up on it to spoil the surprises.

#5 Posted by BisonHero (6671 posts) -

I think it's a cool idea that you could message them once you complete the game, and reminisce about whatever times you shared in Journey.

Though that would be a little weird if you marathoned the game to completion but the guy you're messaging hasn't finished and hasn't seen his list of companions.

#6 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Maybe the thread title should be changed? This could be something people don't want to know about.

#7 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3064 posts) -

Brad mentioned this in this week's podcast.

#8 Edited by CornBREDX (5591 posts) -

Ya. I met a bunch of people (8 total). I was nervous at first because I'd never played it before and didn't want to get in other peoples way (cus that's how I am- I don't like to bother people), but then the first guy left and so I was trying to stick with people but would always lose them at some point while I was looking around or whatever.  
What a fascinating game. I think I'm going to check it out again later. 

Edit: Oh heh... to the point of the thread- I thought it was interesting the names that came up. A few people I didnt realize until later wanted me to do the meditate for 20 seconds thing for the trophy (sorry whoever you are, I didnt know thats what you wanted). Knowing the names ahead of time would have created a bias in me automatically assuming what kind of people they are. That kind of makes me ponder things.

#9 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (498 posts) -

I met my companion in the second area, and we stuck with each other for the entire Journey. I'm glad it happened that way. It sounds stupid, but I feel like there was a sort of bond growing along the way - he had clearly completed the game a few times, and I was a first-timer.

Afterwards, we messaged and thanked each other.

I'm glad I didn't have to Journey with BlopsSniperx420x, though.

#10 Posted by Village_Guy (2630 posts) -

xXSmokeDawg420Xx is da shit yo!

I would rather not know who my Journey was with, I kinda think it kills a bit of the magic seeing the names even after you finished the game.

#11 Posted by deadmoscow (265 posts) -

I wasn't bothered at all by having the names revealed at the end. I met three people on my journey - the first two were fleeting encounters, but the third one stuck with me for the rest of the game. It was one of the more profound multiplayer experiences I've had.

#12 Posted by damswedon (3196 posts) -

Vegetagogita you are a dick and I'm happy you were seemingly destroyed by the shark things.

zZdavidZz (or something like that) you were great and you being there from the tower to the end made the game more special. When we were freezing to death at the end and we were chirping at each other to going on I almost cried. Then when we died and went to Heaven tears came to my eyes as we flew around together singing all the time.

#13 Posted by eccentrix (1587 posts) -

I thought it was really cool. I didn't realise I'd met so many different people. One of them was Spit, which is a great username to have.

#14 Posted by Evan_Buchholz (125 posts) -

I think I played with Vinny. One of the usernames I saw led me to believe that at least....

#15 Posted by Redbullet685 (6051 posts) -

I shared my Journey with 4 others. I would have, of course, preferred the same companion throughout. All of my companions were cool, though.

#16 Posted by MetalBaofu (1411 posts) -

I just finished it for the first time. I thought I only ran into 2 people, but the game says it was 4. I somehow got separated from the person I was with at the end, so I was alone for the last couple minutes. I stood and waited for about 5 minutes before I continued on alone.

I don't think I loved the game as much as some people seem to, but I really enjoyed it a lot.

#17 Posted by fox01313 (5079 posts) -

Strange the game doesn't turn this on when you are within a few feet of another person. If everyone's character looks roughly the same it'd be nice to know in a crowd who to follow if you're looking for someone specific.

#18 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

I Journeyed with about 7 other people, I think, although I thought it was only three. I guess the middle section which I thought was with one guy was with several.

#19 Posted by ViktorWithAK (30 posts) -

On my first journey, I played with the same guy all the way through in one go. It was amazing. Didn't message him at the end, and I don't remember his PSN id, but we did share that play through together.

#20 Posted by N7 (3594 posts) -

I can't wait to hear all of the "I met my Significant Other on Journey" threads.

#21 Posted by Ethan_Raiden (343 posts) -

Thank you LordOfVag for sticking with me though an absolutely perfect, emotionally inspiring videogame. If I saw that gamertag name anywhere else I would laugh, but as it stands, you are my hero.

#22 Edited by VisariLoyalist (2995 posts) -

yep I had one person on my list and we rushed through the game sticking right next to eachother the entire time. Really sweet moment when it was over.

edit: I'm also psn friends with him now... I don't think that means much xD

#23 Posted by rjayb89 (7726 posts) -

I had a companion who basically baited the flying shark things while I went up the snowy, windy mountain. Whether it was intentional or not, your sacrifice will not be forgotten.

I had about 6 different companions. I did not stop for anything, just critical-pathed it so I left a lot of people behind.

#24 Posted by JusticeCat (113 posts) -

I only had two companions and I remember noticing a change in personality when I lost the first one for a moment so I figured it was a different person now.

Amazing game and was really nice to have the option to talk to them after if I wanted to.

#25 Posted by RoBear (54 posts) -

@N7 said:

I can't wait to hear all of the "I met my Significant Other on Journey" threads.

THIS!

#26 Posted by coolasj19 (20 posts) -

@N7 said:

It'll happen. And it'll happen soon.

#27 Posted by Zero_ (1975 posts) -

Does anyone know what the order is displayed in? I had 8 PSN IDs on my first playthrough (Apparently a lot) and I want to know who the last guy was....

#28 Posted by Peanut (954 posts) -

Just played and beat it tonight. I played with a few different people. I stuck with one dude throughout most of the game and I guess he left during one of the cutscenes, which reeeeally bummed me out, because we had been having a really great time before that. When I came back from the cutscene I was with some dude with a super long scarf who clearly didn't give a shit about playing together at all. Afterwards his PSN ID confirmed to me that he was probably a douche, something to do with pro and there were a bunch of x's in there.

#29 Posted by Soulblitz (350 posts) -

@damswedon said:

zZdavidZz (or something like that) you were great and you being there from the tower to the end made the game more special. When we were freezing to death at the end and we were chirping at each other to going on I almost cried. Then when we died and went to Heaven tears came to my eyes as we flew around together singing all the time.

I just had this exact experience with either Lioncon or Mr_Lockjaw, depends if the list shows players as newest first or oldest first at the end. Either way, yeah, I completely agree.

#30 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

@ViktorWithAK: Thats... beautiful.. @*(

#31 Posted by InfiniteSpark (311 posts) -

My had three companions for my first run through. The first one left me pretty early in the game after going through the few couple of portions. I hung with the second one from the tail end of the desert until I couldn't keep up with him/her on the climb up the mountain. I thought I was going to end the journey alone until I somehow met with someone at the end of the game.

Liked the journey, though I would've liked it better if I had a companion that stuck around with me throughout the entire journey.

#32 Posted by 1p (760 posts) -

I thought it was cool that it tells you that after the ending, but maybe it would have been better if it let you choose instead. Some people might prefer a 100% anonymous experience.

#33 Posted by golguin (3964 posts) -

I had three companions on my list. The first one was cool and seemed to have played the game before. The second one was bad, but he was only there for about 15 minutes in the monster cave area. The final companion joined up as I made my way through the water sand tower thing. He knew to do the combo chirp so we could keep each other flying. We completed the game together even though we got pretty separated when I fell down the windy mountain (I'm surprised the connection wasn't lost). It was a pretty good moment when we both died in the snow.

#34 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

It was weird for me it listed like 5 people, I can separte when I met 3 of them who I lost at certain points of the journey but I'm sure I didn't encounter the other 2 (wich of course I can't tell other than comparing the length of thier scraf) I still felt I had the same person with me for most of the travel and I notice a change in their personality? I know that sounds weird but the first one I encounter did know what to do and where to go and was kinda activating the paths rather fast the second one was like a naive child singing in quick shorts burst and not using his jumps correctly then he kinda 'grew up' but I ended up losing him, only to find another more experience traveler, does it list people you find or they count even if you don't see them?.

#35 Posted by DBrim (124 posts) -

@AngelN7: It'll list everybody who ends up in your game, even if you don't "see" them. The best way to know if somebody joins is the glowing edges on the screen.

Also, a good indicator of when somebody switches out is if there's a different symbol above their head when they sing. Those symbols match up to the symbols next to their names at the end.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.