I only have one gripe with this game.(Blog)(Ending spoilers)

#1 Posted by jbl8199 (19 posts) -

I just got the game and I'll just say that the experience was the most stunning game I've seen in a LONG time, and I play a lot of video games. But like I said, I have one and only one gripe with this one. It just ended. I was playing and all of a sudden the game just ends. No ending, just a few scenes and a "Thank you for playing Journey" at the credits. I felt a little let down for a bit, but eventually I got over it. It was still a very good game though. Gave me a bit of a break from the normal stuff I usually play. Still, I kinda wish it didn't end so suddenly like that.

#2 Posted by EXTomar (4722 posts) -

Not to be too meta but life is like that as well. Sometimes it just stops.

#3 Posted by jbl8199 (19 posts) -

@EXTomar said:

Not to be too meta but life is like that as well. Sometimes it just stops.

Yeah I know. It sucks when it happens though.

#4 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

Of course they didn't explain anything though. It's part of the mystery and wonder of the world. And to get meta, it didn't show anything because no one knows whether or not the "other side" even exists, let alone what it's like. It's a very poetic ending when you look at it and accept it as it is.

#5 Posted by jbl8199 (19 posts) -

@jbl8199 said:

I just got the game and I'll just say that the experience was the most stunning game I've seen in a LONG time, and I play a lot of video games. But like I said, I have one and only one gripe with this one. It just ended. I was playing and all of a sudden the game just ends. No ending, just a few scenes and a "Thank you for playing Journey" at the credits. I felt a little let down for a bit, but eventually I got over it. It was still a very good game though. Gave me a bit of a break from the normal stuff I usually play. Still, I kinda wish it didn't end so suddenly like that.

I'm gonna have to take this comment back. I just can't complain about something as beautiful as this game. I just did my first online co-op with this game and words can't describe my experience. Most of the time I hate multiplayer games because you usually got someone being a stupid troll, but not with this game. It was a very soothing and relaxing experience. And that "ending" I was talking about? Well, lets just say that I get it now.

#6 Posted by Ramone (2966 posts) -

I agree, they should have had Andy Serkis' FMV face explain everything at the end

#7 Posted by jbl8199 (19 posts) -

@Ramone said:

I agree, they should have had Andy Serkis' FMV face explain everything at the end

Lol, you just made my day. I'm kind of a Lord of the Rings nut myself.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.