Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Journey

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 13, 2012

Journey is thatgamecompany's third release for Sony. Roam the lands discovering the history of an ancient civilization on a trek toward a distant mountain. Go at it alone or explore with strangers online.

I would assume you could at least exclude random people...

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Doctorchimp

Did I just hear Brad in the quick look miss the entire point of Journey?

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I watched the Quick Look, and still have no idea what you do in that game.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Enlighten us :o

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By laserbolts
    Yeah I still don't really understand this game and am not really interested in it at all. It looks nice but that's about it.
    Bigrhyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Bigrhyno

If you played Flower then the point of the game seems pretty clear. They aren't that dissimilar. Based on what I saw, like Flower, you roam the map collecting petals (or in this case fabric) and it unlocks new areas of the map for you to roam.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    Well from what I can gather the game is about being super anonymous.

Not just regular ass online game anonymous, but like this next level of anonymous. Everyone is on the same "Journey", they all look the same. So how do you decide who do you play with? Do you want to walk alone?

So it was funny when Brad's first thought was "I hope I don't get stuck with randoms". Because the entire point of the multiplayer at least is getting as random as you can get.
    matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By matti00

Griefing is non-optional.

Bigrhyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bigrhyno

@Doctorchimp said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:
    Well from what I can gather the game is about being super anonymous. Not just regular ass online game anonymous, but like this next level of anonymous. Everyone is on the same "Journey", they all look the same. So how do you decide who do you play with? Do you want to walk alone? So it was funny when Brad's first thought was "I hope I don't get stuck with randoms". Because the entire point of the multiplayer at least is getting as random as you can get.

Well given how online gaming works these days, the concept that game's multiplayer is going for would be pretty foreign to most people.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Brendan

Oh c'mon, people thinking there won't be griefing are naive. If I am a dude walking around who then sees another dude, I can just jump around the guy and refuse to leave him alone even if he makes it clear he wants nothing to do with me. This can easily happen all the time.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By jacksukeru

@Brendan: You can walk around the guy, maybe even try to walk in front of him, but you can't spam jump in the game.

Then again there is the singing so maybe that can be spammed. I'm actually kind of interested to see how griefing would work in this game.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Grissefar

Yes it would seem that Brad had misunderstood the premise of the multiplayer which is a little wierd since he went to see it with Patrick but hey, at least he seems to enjoy it a lot.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By RE_Player1

@Brendan said:

Oh c'mon, people thinking there won't be griefing are naive. If I am a dude walking around who then sees another dude, I can just jump around the guy and refuse to leave him alone even if he makes it clear he wants nothing to do with me. This can easily happen all the time.

If someone is just standing around doing nothing or walking around me you can simply walk away and part ways.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Brendan

@RE_Player92 said:

@Brendan said:

If someone is just standing around doing nothing or walking around me you can simply walk away and part ways.

And they'll keep following you and doing those little jumps that don't take up energy. If someone wants to annoy you, they will be able to.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RE_Player1

@Brendan said:

@RE_Player92 said:

@Brendan said:

And they'll keep following you and doing those little jumps that don't take up energy. If someone wants to annoy you, they will be able to.

I highly doubt they will allow that. From what I hear from the beta it is very easy to leave someone quickly. We'll have to wait for it to be released to truly see but I am optimistic.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Brendan

@RE_Player92 said:

@Brendan said:

@RE_Player92 said:

@Brendan said:

I highly doubt they will allow that. From what I hear from the beta it is very easy to leave someone quickly. We'll have to wait for it to be released to truly see but I am optimistic.

If they can implement something to prevent that crap then that's cool. Until then, however, I will always believe in the crowd sourced power to find some way for people to annoy other people online.

byterunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By byterunner
    @creamypies said:

I watched the Quick Look, and still have no idea what you do in that game.

From what I understand this game is all about your journey to some place. This place is never really specified nor does the game really tell you why you are going there. The whole point of your game is for you to experience the middle part of a journey, the real meat of a journey. They wanted you to experience a vast desert world with large amounts of isolationism. There is a large part in isolation in the game and sometimes you will run into one person playing the game at the same time. As with any journey through life, you might meet someone on that journey, and you can decide either to explore with the person, or continue on your way. Like any other journey.

It isn't the start or end points of a journey that are the best or most important, its the middle.

At least, that's my understanding of the game. 

Also, they'll probably have some kind of anti grieving measures, They have tried really hard to prevent people from annoying you. Like no voice communications and limited jumping allowed. So yeah we will see. But I am very interested and excited about this game. 
    kevino13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kevino13  Online

Form what I've seen, the closest you can get to griefing others will be just to follow or run around them. Maybe you'll be able to steal the jump power-ups before the other guy can get it, but they probably respawn.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By august

I'm guessing the kind of people into this game and the kind of people into greifing have a pretty small overlap.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @august said:

I'm guessing the kind of people into this game and the kind of people into greifing have a pretty small overlap.

Yep. I'm not sure how many people would buy this game and go online just so they could mess with others. Plenty of other popular games have those people covered.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.