Journey: A Genuine Friend Finder.

#1 Posted by TurboMan (7550 posts) -

I've played through Journey several times, gotten all of the hidden stuff (that are known), and have an awesome white jacket because of it.

I've made five new friends via PSN due to Journey. I always stick around till after the credits to see who I've played with and either I'll send them a message, or they'll send me one and we friend each other...

How fucking magical is that? Since we experienced some kind of strong bond, it's impossible not to be friendly to others after a game is over and instead of people I don't know of clogging up my friends list, I have people that I actual like for no apparent reason.

Just wanted to get that off my chest.

#2 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4759 posts) -

I wanted to friend the guy I went through the end sequence with obviously, but unfortunately I had to leave the room during the credits and came back to the title screen.

#3 Posted by BonOrbitz (2193 posts) -

@TurboMan: I hear ya! I felt some weird connection to the mystery player I finished the game with. I wanted to friend him? her? but didn't know which psn id out of the four was the individual.

#4 Posted by Matt (963 posts) -

Word! I love my Journey Bro. I'm tempted to play Journey some more but that would be like... cheating on him.

#5 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4759 posts) -

@bonorbitz said:

@TurboMan: I hear ya! I felt some weird connection to the mystery player I finished the game with. I wanted to friend him? her? but didn't know which psn id out of the four was the individual.

In the end screen they're listed with the symbol they had in game which helps a bit.

Anyway, I just played through most of the game with a guy with a fist symbol. Totally messaged him. He kept getting hit by the robots and I was sad :(

#6 Posted by eliotie (29 posts) -

@GunslingerPanda: I think they're also listed in the order that they appeared in your game, so if you finished your game with someone they'd be at the end of the list.

#7 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

@TurboMan said:

How fucking magical is that?

#8 Posted by Panpipe (474 posts) -

I think it's a real shame that you don't get to see who you played with on your PSN 'recently played with' list.

I played the whole game with some guy called Toitahken or Toytakhen or something and now I regret not writing it down because I thought it would be stored somewhere.

#9 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2490 posts) -

I thought I was playing with one guy all the way through, but at the end, it showed me 6 PSN IDs that I had played with during my journey.

Gonna play through again and see what happens.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.