Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Journey

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 13, 2012

Journey is thatgamecompany's third release for Sony. Roam the lands discovering the history of an ancient civilization on a trek toward a distant mountain. Go at it alone or explore with strangers online.

Journey Release

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Wraxend

Just read on the PS blog that Journey isn't gonna be out till Spring 2012. I really thought it was gonna be out this year. I wonder why there is such a gap between the beta and the actual release? I suppose that makes it a real Beta compared to alot of online demos they claim to be Betas.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Masha2932

I believe they are a really small team, so that might explain the long wait before release. Either that or the release date was pushed forward to avoid competition.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By benjaebe

Yeah I was a little bummed when I heard that, but they're a small team and they want to hit a decent release window so it would be kind of dangerous for them to launch in the winter with all the huge titles coming out.

If Sony was smart they'd move the PSN PLAY promotion up to the spring time and promote the shit out of Journey and a few other PSN-exclusives.

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Questionable

It sounds to me like they changed they're plans halfway through production.The game got a ton of media coverage with the beta now i bet that any hype/anticipation they had build up will have died off by the time it finally releases (similar to the delayed PS3 release of Section8)

The lonesome and relaxed vibe much better fits winter season than the active summer season imho

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Masha2932
    @benjaebe said:

Yeah I was a little bummed when I heard that, but they're a small team and they want to hit a decent release window so it would be kind of dangerous for them to launch in the winter with all the huge titles coming out.

If Sony was smart they'd move the PSN PLAY promotion up to the spring time and promote the shit out of Journey and a few other PSN-exclusives.

This. Journey would be perfect for next year's PSN Play.

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Wraxend

@Questionable: Yeah thats what confused me was all the media hype up for this game, even GB ran a QL of the beta, just to be told oh its out next year kinda kills it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.