Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Journey

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 13, 2012

Journey is thatgamecompany's third release for Sony. Roam the lands discovering the history of an ancient civilization on a trek toward a distant mountain. Go at it alone or explore with strangers online.

My companion

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hoossy

was the best companion. I don't know who he/she was or where they were, but we stuck it out together all the way to the end! (at least I think we did)

We had so much in common! We looked the same, we liked the same kinda scarves, we liked to whistle... and we enjoyed mountain climbing.

I wish we were BFFs. :(

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By EVO

My companion jumped off the top of that windy mountain. I followed him down and we did it all over again.

AckbarTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AckbarTheGreat

My companion left me half way through and broke my heart. I was never the same after he left...

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By NinjaHunter

High five to my companion... whoever you are. And thanks for waiting for me on top of that mountain. You're a real pal.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By willin

I don't know about you guys but I'm going to say it anyway. 

Best Co-op ever. Nothing even comes close.

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Djratchet

You can see your companion(s) PSN ID post credits, so you can thank them yourself if you stick around ;p

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By zaccheus

@Willin said:

I don't know about you guys but I'm going to say it anyway. Best Co-op ever. Nothing even comes close.

I second this statement.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
    deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My companion saw me get blasted half to death. They never left my side.

Talis12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Talis12

i want a companion :(

need to get this game..

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By turboman

I had five companions during my first Journey... Either I had four bad matches or I need to play slower.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me and my companion totally hooked up last night, sent her a message on PSN and she was all over that shit. Journey brings people together in ways we could never imagine.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By david3cm

My companion was with me from building the bridge all the way to the end. They didnt fuck around, they whistled at me when they found something interesting, they were awesome. When the game ended and showed their psn id showed up I recieved a message from them thanking my for a great journey, it was awesome! I am curious to go go back and play through the game solo and see what its like.

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Giefcookie

Just finished my first playthrough and I was really suprised to find that I had 8 different companions during it. Only spent any real amount of time with 2 of them. My first real companion sticked with me all the way from building the bridge to skiing down a massive hill, through The Cave of The Evil Flying Snakes to the snowy ridge where we were hunted by another of the snakey bastards. There he got blasted off by 1 of them and I never saw him again :(

So glad I found a new companion for the ending bit though. Amazing stuff.

MoltenBoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#14  Edited By MoltenBoron

My first companion was awesome. We went skiing around, stuck together, and had a really fun time. Then he left and I got stuck with four terrible people, one of which purposely got one of those spotlight monsters to attack me.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By notdavid

My companion fell off the windy mountain, and I was surprised to find that I felt remorse. I had a mild panic attack, and waited around. When I looked to my right and saw him there, it was the greatest "fuck yeah" moment I have ever experienced in a game. And it wasn't even scripted.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Milkman

Climbing the windy mountain with my buddy was one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. This game is goddamn incredible. I only had three companions during my Journey and the first two were all rad as shit. The second one was okay too but I didn't feel like we really bonded. But I felt like I was best friends with the guy I finished the game with. Though for my first buddy, the same thing that happened to Jeff happened to me and man, Jeff wasn't lying. It was heartbreaking.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By X19

I have played the game through twice so far and the different companions make every play through feel so fresh and different. 

Can't wait to play through it again and I might try to get all the trophies. It's awesome showing your companion where the hidden glyph walls and scarf buff symbols are.  

Man what a game.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By glots

I was just suppose to try and collect some of the trophies this morning, but then I got a very helpful companion to join me. Ventured the whole thing through together, while he/she showed me all the hidden thingies as well. Was amazing.

Jawshua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jawshua

One of my companions tried to jump on a scarf bridge and fell through to the ground, it was funny and sad at the same time. It couldn't have come at a better time though,made the moment afterwards pretty sad.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SSully

My first companion died about halfway through. It was one of the most devastating things in a game ever. It made the entire snow section so much worse knowing I could have had someone to keep me company.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#21  Edited By donutfever

My first two companions were kinda meh, but I met my third at the beginning of the (SPOLER SPOILER SPOILER) snow area, and he stuck with me up to ALMOST the end, he disappeared just before I went into the light, but he was awesome. We sang right up to our "deaths".

1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By 1p

My guy stuck with me through the last two thirds of the game. It was awesome, we would always wait for each other, even if one of us had the game on pause for like 10 minutes. We stuck together, and after overcoming obstacles we would run in circles around each other like excited children.

I sent him a PSN message after we finished the game and got a sweet reply, too.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By Phatmac

After beating this game I quickly added whoever played with me. I wrote in the friend request message, "JOURNEY!!!!1" Suffice it to say that the co-op in this game is revolutionary.

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By Blackout62

Dude my companion and I are currently in the process of buying property in the Bahamas to set up a timeshare business. All just because of one game of Journey and some business discussion afterwards. This game is awesome.

Okay that's actually all hyperbolic lies but yes as with everyone else I had a wonderful journey with my new friend and it was awesome and etc. Now I just need to wait till friday so I can get my no Journey for a week achievement then its off to go meet more awesome lengthy scarf and robe aficionados.

zonikjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By zonikjj

My companions suck

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By randiolo

@Willin said:

I don't know about you guys but I'm going to say it anyway. Best Co-op ever. Nothing even comes close.

i pretty much agree. had just the one companion the whole way, we communicated, we explored, everything was done hand in hand the whole way.. amazing experience.

skunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By skunk

@Willin said:

Agreed. WOW! what an awesome experience. Just beat it with 2 companions, both awesome. They both waited, pointed out hidden symbols, and most importantly - slowed down and enjoyed the view. The first I was just past the first bridge waiting for him to grab one of the symbols and when i turned around, he was gone... :( Soon after, I ran into my second buddy and we rocked the shit out of some scarves til the very end! BFFF!

Normally, I don't care about Trophies, but i'm going to platinum this one for sure.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By Morrow

Reading all of those posts, I'm getting really interested in this game...

searinglight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By searinglight

My companion stuck with me through piercing wind and striking ice, blazing sun and roaring dust, a sumptuous hell and fleeting heaven. My companion did not fear a dragon's roar, or the uncertain path. My companion even shared the secrets of the ever-winding tower.

My companion and I walked hand in hand into death, to return as only strangers along the way.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By senorfuzzeh

I first found my silent companion surfing across the windy dunes. We sang a few melodies and in away agree to stick with eachother. We explored caves and hide from beasts of the abyss. That emotional last push up the blizzarding hill we did not once leave eachothers side. I fell behind for alittle while and was about to get blown off the mountian but he dropped back and tucked right next to me helping to push me all the way through. The ending was incredibly joyful, but at the same time sad too depart with a person I grew so close with in those hours. Truely amazing game.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By JasonR86

I apparently had 8 different companions during my game. With one of the companions we got in a yelling match. It was on the level where dusk is falling into night. It's the one where you get to slide through different gates as if you were a slalom skier. Well we made it all the way through the level and were at the big open area just before the end of the level. We both were looking for hidden items. Well, I was looking a lot more then he was. I ended up looking at both sides of the room and came to the conclusion that, besides the wall drawing he and I had found, there was nothing else in the room. He was near the level's exit and I thought he was ready to go as I was as well. I started to head for the exit and it was then that he decided to the check for hidden items. That little bastard was wasting my time. I knew there was nothing left in the room and just wanted to go on. But he took off so I chased him down tapping the 'hey!' button over and over. Eventually, he turned back and gave me a few 'hey!' button presses and was about to turn back around to look for stuff. So I gave the loud 'HEY!!!' as if to say...well, HEY! He gave a few more 'hey!'s and I gave one more loud 'HEY!!!' and it was settled. We ended the level together and he stopped looking for hidden items.

It felt like I was yelling at a disobedient child.

Journey121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Journey is like, my all time favorite game. I've played through the end at least 6 times now, and today I was playing it, and i met a companion when we were building the bridge. We stuck together until the area where you slide and fall into the snake monster things place. I fell into the cutscene quicker than my companion, and when I got to the bottom, he wasn't there. I was so mad that I saved the game, shut off my ps3 and stormed to my room. Whoever my companion was today, I'm so sorry that we got separated>~< I feel so horrible. I hope we meet some day.<3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.