What do you refer to the Journey protagonist as?

#1 Posted by Blackout62 (1331 posts) -

I know the devs have referred to the robed figure as the "Journeyer". Personally I've been referring to it as "The Hero" since the games plot alludes to The Hero's Journey. What do you refer to the character as?

And what of gender? I've referred to it as a she mostly since it has thin shoulders and feminine eyes. What do you think is the gender of the character?

#2 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

Me

#3 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7056 posts) -
@TentPole

Me

Yep
#4 Posted by Ketchupp (672 posts) -

Bird.

#5 Posted by Jethuty (1023 posts) -

@TentPole said:

Me

/thread

#6 Edited by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

It's an androgynous hooded alien. Journey is set in a post-apocalyptic world, don't ya know.

#7 Posted by Blackout62 (1331 posts) -

@Gizmo: *Ponders* So it is.

#8 Posted by Phatmac (5723 posts) -

My homies!

#9 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1594 posts) -

Mr. Sheets.

#10 Posted by Village_Guy (2507 posts) -

Journey-d00d

Either that or xXx5M0K3D4WGx420xXx

#11 Posted by believer258 (11681 posts) -

The Journey Protagonist.

#12 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

KaosAngel

#13 Posted by Fattony12000 (7093 posts) -

Claude.

#14 Edited by jasonefmonk (350 posts) -

When I first saw a white cloaked character, they flew above me and sailed out into the desert where I didn't see one again for a few play throughs. My internal monologue was "She's so pretty!". So for a while they were female and the red cloaked characters were male in my mind.

Now it's just "me" and "them".

#15 Edited by believer258 (11681 posts) -

@believer258 said:

The Journey Protagonist.

What this guy said, about a month ago.

#16 Posted by FilipHolm (667 posts) -

Without sounding too pretentious, to me the character symbolized human loneliness and going through life, and life being that Journey. Rather than lookin forward to what is at the end, which would be death in this case, it's the Journey that matters or life and what you do with it while you live it. It involves beauty, lonelyness, fear, darkness and everything in between.

This is not something that went through my mind while I was playing but looking back at it this is what it meant to me I guess. This and so many other different ways to interpret the game.

Great game, by the way.

#17 Posted by jbl8199 (19 posts) -

@TentPole said:

Me

#18 Edited by NTM (7281 posts) -

I think it was, uh... Suzanne.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.