Who is with me that this game needs a sequel?

#1 Posted by Terrell (417 posts) -

I just think that this game, (this game and it's prequel Jet Grind Radio) were great games that had great style and gameplay!  I think that is a good developer  ahold of this game and took some car they could make a great game out of it.  Think about a sequel of this using the skate. engine, but with the crazy style and charsima of Jet Set Radio Future?  Anyone with me? Any other ideas for a sequel?

#2 Posted by jakob187 (21691 posts) -

/signed

#3 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

Dude, yes. YES!  It totally does!!! Not quite sure what else they could add...but yes, sequel, NOW!

#4 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

I've always wanted to play it, but I never had the chance. I'd love a new game that would employ the same mechanics and style

#5 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

I'd really like one as well.

#6 Posted by jakob187 (21691 posts) -

So far, the highest views:comment ratio I've seen lately.  

#7 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

Yeah, a new one! On Wii!

*waits for people to get upset*

#8 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Only if it has the same look and feel as the last game as well as some all new Hideki Naganuma on the soundtrack.

#9 Posted by Terrell (417 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"Only if it has the same look and feel as the last game as well as some all new Hideki Naganuma on the soundtrack."
YES, Exactly!!!  This game has one of the best soundtracks  I've heard...
#10 Posted by Terrell (417 posts) -

Im surprised Im not the only one who actually wants this, I was sure this thread was going to go completely overlooked.  Good to know im not alone...

#11 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Hideki Naganuma is probably the only thing going for the current generation of Sonic games. Why can't he just release actual albums or appear on other video game soundtracks rather than making us wait for the next poor incarnation of Sonic?

#12 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Yes, I loved JSRF.

#13 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

Yeah both Jet Set Radio's were amazing. I'd actually like to see it come to the Wii.

#14 Posted by AttackedCamo (819 posts) -

I would love another one.

#15 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

That was a neat game. Not sure if they even needed to make one for Xbox though. Dreamcast one was awesome. If they could make it it for PS3 I would definitive and sublunary!

#16 Posted by AkumaX (248 posts) -

The DC one was amazing.

#17 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

it 'd be really cool !

#18 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2511 posts) -

HELL FUCKING YES!!!
I'm not sure about using the Skate. engine... that would just make the game too hard to control...
I want a new Jet Set game, though... maybe with online play this time around... and a ton of new locations...
I think it'd be awesome!

#19 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -

This was a very fun game, but I was younger when I played it. Dunno if it would still appeal to me or not.

#20 Posted by mracoon (4972 posts) -

JSRF was a brilliant game, I don't know why they haven't made a sequel yet.

Moderator Online
#21 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
mracoon said:
"JSRF was a brilliant game, I don't know why they haven't made a sequel yet."
It's SEGA. They haven't made anything good in about 5 years.
#22 Posted by Dark_Shadow (135 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"mracoon said:
"JSRF was a brilliant game, I don't know why they haven't made a sequel yet."
It's SEGA. They haven't made anything good in about 5 years."
Haha, Handsome is right :P but yes, JSRF was a great game indeed...
#23 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2403 posts) -

Definitely. This is one of my favorite games ever.

#24 Posted by Hexpane (1397 posts) -

I know everyone who is t3h hardcorez loves this game, but... its... ROLLERBLADING... and Rollerblading

#25 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

Hell Yes, i loved that game

#26 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2511 posts) -

lol @ Hexpane

#27 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
Vigorousjammer said:
"lol @ Hexpane"
Proof there's a first time for anything.
#28 Posted by REDRUN (1410 posts) -

Yes,
Music, Stylized Cell Shades, Burnout Paradise universe sandbox play. Grafitti Art.... another hell f*cken yeah! If you add online play, then there is no question about it.

#29 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
REDRUN said:
"Yes,Music, Stylized Cell Shades, Burnout Paradise universe sandbox play. Grafitti Art.... another hell f*cken yeah! If you add online play, then there is no question about it."
It doesn't online play. I wish people would stop assuming everything needs online play.

Although the Burnout Paradise style sandbox type gameplay could work quite well. That's not an entirely bad idea. Although you could argue the games were already like that, with a hub area allowing you to go where you want to.
#30 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

So long as they keep the original soundtrack, but just add MOAR, then I am most definately in.

#31 Posted by REDRUN (1410 posts) -
get2sammyb said:
"REDRUN said:
"Yes,Music, Stylized Cell Shades, Burnout Paradise universe sandbox play. Grafitti Art.... another hell f*cken yeah! If you add online play, then there is no question about it."
It doesn't online play. I wish people would stop assuming everything needs online play.Although the Burnout Paradise style sandbox type gameplay could work quite well. That's not an entirely bad idea. Although you could argue the games were already like that, with a hub area allowing you to go where you want to."
Online play would be fun, just like Burnout Paradise. There we can watch others do trick, online racing, stunt runs, tag wars, social interaction like custom graffitti, playing as character we unlocked. Why not have online mode. Single player would still be important.
#32 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1891 posts) -

I always like the original more than JSRF, JSRF was lacking the charm that the original had. It'd be cool to see a true sequel or a remake of the original.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.