Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jump Ultimate Stars

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Nov 23, 2006

The much improved sequel to Jump Superstars, Jump Ultimate Stars ups the ante with online play, a new koma system, even more characters and improved graphics.

Jump Ultimate Stars set to ruin me this week.

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

Edited By Captainlunchbox

This will be the first game I've ever imported. It will take a portion of my paycheck. It will render me unable to pay my car insurance on time- WIN.

Getting to the point: I'll  be buying this from Play-Asia. I'm a bit worried because I have very little knowledge of the japanese language. I won't be able to read anything. I understand there are guides and such online, but what piques my curiosity is rumblings of english patches. How would those work? Would I have to have the game on a certain totally illegal device? Does anyone out there that owns this game have any advice to give me?

Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Captainlunchbox

This will be the first game I've ever imported. It will take a portion of my paycheck. It will render me unable to pay my car insurance on time- WIN.

Getting to the point: I'll  be buying this from Play-Asia. I'm a bit worried because I have very little knowledge of the japanese language. I won't be able to read anything. I understand there are guides and such online, but what piques my curiosity is rumblings of english patches. How would those work? Would I have to have the game on a certain totally illegal device? Does anyone out there that owns this game have any advice to give me?

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Yeah, you'd need a  flash cart or something like that to play with an English patch.

Scribbly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Scribbly

The english patch is very good, but it only works with flash cards. Otherwise it can be very hard to navigate some of the menus in Japanese, I particularly remember the tutorial being a bitch to do when you have no idea what you're supposed to do. Also there are a ton of manga in the game which I'm pretty sure have never been released outside of Japan, so you have to play through some of those before you get your Narutos and One Pieces. There are some good guides hanging around somewhere on the interwebs, start there would be my advice.

thadude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By thadude

Ummm.... why did you have it imported?  This game is frequently on the shelves of toy's r us and best buy.  I'm not kidding I've seen it a few times in the states in traditional stores.  It's also at several  gamestop's in my area atleast which you can go to gamestop and search on the website to see if the stores in your area have it in stock I believe Walmart and Bestbuy have a similar feature.  Gamestop calls it  a game locator.   You should really get a flashcard to download games on mine was like $15bucks.  Putting the games on are as easy as putting music on your cellphone.
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Captainlunchbox
    @thadude:@thadude said:
    " Ummm.... why did you have it imported?  This game is frequently on the shelves of toy's r us and best buy.  I'm not kidding I've seen it a few times in the states in traditional stores.  It's also at several  gamestop's in my area atleast which you can go to gamestop and search on the website to see if the stores in your area have it in stock I believe Walmart and Bestbuy have a similar feature.  Gamestop calls it  a game locator.   You should really get a flashcard to download games on mine was like $15bucks.  Putting the games on are as easy as putting music on your cellphone. "
    I like to buy games. Not to get righteous on you or anything. And I know how easy it is. A friend of mine had one. But the thing about that is this: Yes, you can compile as many games as you want on it for free... but it all feels so meaningless because I didn't buy any of them. They're not mine. And plus, the thrill of owning a ton of games like that just fades pretty quickly. The games just become these little amusements because they don't matter as much to me. 
    And as for the game being on these shores, that was about 4 years ago. Again, not criticizing what you do, but on the same coin, don't criticize what I do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.