Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jungler

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 01, 1981

In this Konami arcade game, snakes navigate through mazes, shooting at each other in hopes of cutting their opponents down to size enough to be mercilessly devoured. Welcome to the Jungler, baby.

I guess you can't play Game Room games on a netbook (or can you?)

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By toowalrus

I posted this up on the super PC friendly sister-site Tested.com, but I figured I'd post this little inquiry here as well.

So I downloaded Microsoft Game Room on my desktop today, and it's pretty cool. I bought Jungler (of coarse) and have been playing on the PC and Xbox just fine. In a perfect world, I'd be able to install Game Room on my tiny netbook I got for Christmas. Unfortunately, when I try to run gameroom, I get this message: "Game room requires a video card that supports shader model 3.0 -  your video card does not meet these requirements."

Which is totally predictable and understandable. I didn't get the NetBook for games, anyway (although it will run WoW just fine, slow, but fine.)

I'm just bummed because I figured the NetBook could handle 30 year old games, but it's the client built around these games that the Netbook can't handle. Is there anything you can do to... I don't know, YOU'RE the PC experts, not me. Any help would be awesome (But I'm just going to assume I'm shit out of luck.) 

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By MikkaQ

Well the plan is to eventually have more and more powerful games, it seems, so having a higher overall system requirement set would allow room to grow in the future.  

Still for the time being Microsoft should make a version without the 3D wrapper element.  Until then, you're shit outta luck.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By toowalrus
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " Sort of like this? "
    Forgive me for not noticing some douche and his 'lol system requirements' thread.

...also, it should have been in the Jungler forum.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @TooWalrus said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " Sort of like this? "
    Forgive me for not noticing some douche and his 'lol system requirements' thread.  ...also, it should have been in the Jungler forum. "
    I meant is that what your are talking about. I admit ya that title is a bit strange. 
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RsistncE
    @TooWalrus: Which netbook do you own?
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By toowalrus
    @RsistncE said:
    " @TooWalrus: Which netbook do you own? "
    It's an Hp Mini, Intel Atom 1.66GHz, 2GB RAM, I got Windows XP on purpose. It's awesome, it does exactly what I want it to do, the only bummer is the graphics card that dropped right out of 2004.
    Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Mmmslash
    @TooWalrus:  To be honest, I have an Aspire 1410, which has a dual-core processor, and playing anything past 2000 is basically a pipe dream.

I've found Tycoon games are your best bet, as long as you stick to your classics. I've put about 40 hours into Open-Transport Tycoon Deluxe, I got to rediscover and old classic, and had a total blast doing it.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By toowalrus
    @Mmmslash said:
    " @TooWalrus:  To be honest, I have an Aspire 1410, which has a dual-core processor, and playing anything past 2000 is basically a pipe dream.  I've found Tycoon games are your best bet, as long as you stick to your classics. I've put about 40 hours into Open-Transport Tycoon Deluxe, I got to rediscover and old classic, and had a total blast doing it. "
    Lol, I've got Diablo II, Starcraft and Warcraft III installed that I still haven't played yet, so if I'm ever separated from my Xbox and Desktop... I've got SOMETHING to do, and they play just fine.
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pazy

Its a pretty annoying thing since currently the only that seems like it would need shader model 3.0 is the interface.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.