11% completion in 10 hours. I think I'm doing it wrong...

#1 Edited by holybins (155 posts) -

So, as the topic states, I'm about 10 hours in, but only 11% completion.  Granted, I've done a ton of flying around for no reason, but I just can't seem to get Agency missions very often.  I'm thinking I should just go hi-jack military helicopters and blow up shit randomly for a while to get tons of chaos.   

Does anyone have some tips on how I can get chaos more quickly to get through the agency missions?   

--Chuck

#2 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -

Basically just do stronghold takeovers and faction missions when available, and try to 100% as many locations as possible. Feel free to run races, snipe colonels, and collect faction items if you come across them as well. 

When going from location to location to get 100% in each, use the radar in the upper right to sniff out the resources and get a feel for clearing out each type of location. For example, military bases are usually pretty easy to clear by hijacking a helicopter with weapons, blowing all the government property up, then getting on the ground to quickly mop up the resources and leave.

#3 Posted by holybins (155 posts) -
@Bigandtasty said:
"...military bases are usually pretty easy to clear by hijacking a helicopter with weapons, blowing all the government property up, then getting on the ground to quickly mop up the resources and leave. "  
I was going to ask where the best places to get aircraft/helicopters with guns and rockets are.  I guess I should just look for military bases on the map for that? 

I would assume that grabbing one and blowing up all sorts of villages across the map is an OK strategy too?  Or do you get shot down too quickly? 

--Chuck
#4 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -
@holybins:  Most military bases will have an armed helicopter lying around somewhere, and soldiers on the ground will rarely, if ever, take it and use it on you themselves. Alternatively, level 2 heat will probably bring a helicopter to you, at which point it is relatively easy to grapple to the helicopter, shoot any passengers, and hijack the helicopter from the driver.

Running around the map blowing stuff up is fine, but it's generally better to go through each location one by one, because you get bonus chaos for completing an individual location to 100%.
#5 Posted by xyzygy (9899 posts) -

That sounds about right. I got my 75% completion in about 50-60 hours, so give or take a few hours that sounds like it matches up. There is so much in this game and the world is so big that a single item destroyed is an extremely small percentage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.