Help! I can't stop playing Just Cause 2!

#1 Posted by TronCorleone (15 posts) -

Seriously - I have purchased Mass Effect 2, Little King's Story, Halo:Reach and Fallout: NV and haven't even played them yet because of my addiction. Any ideas of what I should do?

#2 Posted by Yummylee (20559 posts) -

Keep playing Just Cause 2 till you get bored of it. Don't see why games should take priority over others. Just play the one you're enjoying at the moment.

#3 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

kill yourself

#4 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Nothing, after you finish the game, there is a percentage so there are more side missions taking over places. You won't be able to stop regardless because the game is so much fun, even taking over places with no mission objectives.  

You should consider playing mass effect 2 on the side. I myself usually play a few games and stuff, I don't play one game at a time.

#5 Posted by Gamer_152 (13970 posts) -

I had a friend like you, he died with an Xbox controller in his hand and the words 'JC2 forever' carved into his chest.

#6 Edited by shivermetimbers (717 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:

"I had a friend like you, he died with an Xbox controller in his hand and the words 'JC2 forever' carved into his chest. "

You're lucky, my friend started attaching people to fireworks and lighting them up. He then climbed up the empire state building and atempted to parachute down. Needless to say, the parachute didn't work.
#7 Posted by LiquidPrince (15606 posts) -

Burn the disc.

#8 Posted by Mikemcn (6875 posts) -

Just Cause 2 is just pure fun, Love it, play it, and save Fallout and mass Effect for when you are ready.

#9 Posted by lucas_kelly (769 posts) -

Keep playing it, its better than any of those other games you mentioned.

#10 Edited by face15 (1244 posts) -

Games should be about fun. As long as you're still enjoying it there's no reason why you shouldn't play one game over another.

#11 Posted by illmatic19 (964 posts) -

DUDE Just Cause 2 came out this year. I totally forgot, one of my GOTY candidates fo sho.  

Keep playing. 

#12 Posted by mosdl (3223 posts) -

I really need to get back to playing it, I finished like 3 missions and the rest of the time was playing around blowing up stuff.

I wonder if  Just Cause MMO would work.

#13 Posted by defaulttag (890 posts) -

i still need to buy that game. i've missed like 2 steam sales already

#14 Posted by Th3_James (2575 posts) -

I didn't finish the game, but I played a hell of a lot of it. Most of the time I spent just messing around, my favorite thing to do is driving a truck off a cliff and watch it tumble down the mountain.

#15 Posted by TronCorleone (15 posts) -

Thanks, folks - mostly good advice that I will take to heart. 

#16 Posted by natetodamax (19136 posts) -
#17 Posted by Turduken (168 posts) -

That game was tons of fun., more power to you   

The only thing you need help with is buying waiting to buy new games when you're still busy older ones, might save yourself some dough.  No suggestions from me though, I have a similar problem.

#18 Edited by Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497 (556 posts) -

Keep playing until you either get bored or run out of stuff to blow up. Then play Mass Effect 2 immediately.

#19 Posted by TronCorleone (15 posts) -

@ natetodamax: Dang - you crazy. That's a lot of work. I'm surprised your thumbs didn't fall off.

#20 Posted by Portis (1276 posts) -

I played the absolute shit out of Just Cause 2, it is such a good game. I even double dipped and have it on Xbox 360, and PC.

The game looks so beautiful, too. That engine they use is really something -- especially on PC with everything cranked up. But I have to say while it took me a long time to get tired of the game, when I finally did I never wanted to touch it again. Ever. Usually when I play a game that much I'll say to myself 'man, I'll do a second playthrough one day.' But not JC2 -- I never want to see another resource item again.

#21 Posted by Pabsi9 (202 posts) -
@Ryax I approve this message
#22 Posted by tobygw (579 posts) -
@buffjhawk: Burn it with fire
#23 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

Ah ressource item ! Must collect !!!!!

#24 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

I'm still playing this fucking game. Great now I feel like playing it again. Not sure if I can make it to 100%, might take a few months. Totally underated game.

#25 Posted by Killroycantkill (1361 posts) -

If gameplay sessions of Just Cause 2 last for more than 8 hours, please consult your doctor right away.

PS: You won't stop playing until you've gotten to the point where you're like "I can get that 75% completeion trophy!". Then you wear yourself out on the game when you realize that it's hard to get money for all those jets you're getting from the black market without Story missions.

#26 Posted by HistoryInRust (6215 posts) -

That fucking game.   

It probably stole a good month of my life. Really, really good sandbox game. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.