Just Cause 2 available on Steam for £5 / $7.49!!

#1 Posted by Scribbly (404 posts) -

Grab it while you can! I'm gonna have to get this I think.

#2 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Thanks for the reminder, I've been waiting for a price drop on that, played it on 360 a while back, so awesome

#3 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -

Too bad my PC can't play it or else I would buy it.

#4 Posted by LordCmdrStryker (346 posts) -
NO, damnit!  NO.  I've already bought 8 games I probably won't play this morning AND paid for a WoW character transfer.  NO MORE, I SAY!
#5 Posted by chstupid (806 posts) -
@LordCmdrStryker: You know you want it
#6 Edited by JP_Russell (1171 posts) -

Wait... So is this a price drop, or is it on sale?  It's got its previous $30 price crossed out on its store page, making it seem like it's on sale.  But it's not listed in the specials section.  I can't tell if it just hasn't been added to the specials list yet, or if that's just what they WANT me to think and really it's just a regular price drop made to LOOK like a sale price.  They're out to get me, man, I know it!

#7 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -
@LordCmdrStryker: 
L2control yourself bro.
#8 Posted by sfighter21 (798 posts) -

I don't know if its worth it... I played the demo a lot.  Is that enough??  What more could they possibly add??

#9 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Downloading the demo now to make sure I can play this game at the optimal setting that I want before buying.

#10 Posted by Brians (1464 posts) -

much better playing than Just Cause 1

#11 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

That is an absolute bargain. I borrowed it from one of my friends a good while back and it was a blast. I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone, if not just because of the bad-ass stuff you can do in it. 

#12 Posted by Chris2KLee (2337 posts) -

Hmm, sounds good to me. Yet another game for the digital locker.

#13 Posted by Mikemcn (6996 posts) -

Mhm... Its a great game....  and might I recommend the Monster Truck DLC? (Actually the Hovercraft is better)

#14 Posted by AlisterCat (5629 posts) -

Anyone want to gift it to me? Why oh why did I have to buy all the Mass Effect 2 DLC the other day... :/

#15 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

How much does Just Cause 2 push in terms of specs?

#16 Posted by zudthespud (3283 posts) -

downloading the demo now, will report back in a couple of hours.

#17 Posted by guthwulf (251 posts) -

That game is aaaaaaawesoooome buy it! Quick! GO GO GO!

#18 Posted by BaconGames (3482 posts) -

Jumped on it the moment I saw it.  YAY I OWN JUST CAUSE 2.

#19 Posted by zudthespud (3283 posts) -

I just played the demo, I have a low end gaming pc (9800GT, 2.8GHz AMD dual core) but it never dipped below 30 fps on 1680x1050 and it looks great. If you could play Bad Company 2, you will play this just fine.

#20 Posted by Nictel (2429 posts) -

Reading all the comments about being able to play the game, this "bargain" might actually turn expensive if I need a new videocard.

#21 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

Totaly grabbing this. Thanks, dude! Gotta download the demo first to see if this runs on my PC.

#22 Posted by Scribbly (404 posts) -
@s7evn:  Your computer might be able to run it, I shot the settings all to Low and am running it at *cringe* 800x600 resolution to get a nice framerate. I'm on a laptop with 512mb graphics and 4gb RAM with a dual core 1.7ghz processor.
#23 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -
@Smiley26: Hmm, My laptop may be able to, but my desktop is old and running XP, which is what I meant.
#24 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

YOU'LL BE DOING YOURSELF A DISFAVOR BY NOT BUYING THIS GAME. THIS GAME IS LIKE THE MOST FUN SANDBOX GAME EVER. FOR THAT PRICE IT'S PRACTICALLY GIVING IT AWAY FOR FREE

the demo isn't that good, however when I bought the game, I was totally like woah...this is the best game ever. Levels are very big, you have this cool grappling hook thing, you can parachute across levels, fly planes, helicoptors, and take over the whole country slowly since there is a percentage of places you destroyed. It's the ultimate sandbox game and the graphics are fantastic for the pc version.

#25 Posted by TheSmashing (313 posts) -
@Nictel said:

" Reading all the comments about being able to play the game, this "bargain" might actually turn expensive if I need a new videocard. "

You can download the demo and run the benchmark tool 
#26 Posted by Russcat (140 posts) -
@Smiley26: Thanks for the heads up! I've been waiting for this to come down in price.
#27 Posted by Lazyaza (2196 posts) -

One of the games I was totally waiting for a mega price drop. Thanks for the reminder :D

#28 Posted by zudthespud (3283 posts) -
@Nictel: my graphics card is currently for sale for £60 or so at many retailers, considering how many games I can play I'd call that a bargain in itself.
#29 Posted by BaconGames (3482 posts) -

I must say, this game is fun as fuck.

#30 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4827 posts) -

Sigh. Goddamn you, steam sales. Goddamn you.

#31 Posted by Callumrides (357 posts) -

dose it have steam or live achievements?

#32 Posted by FritzDude (2265 posts) -

Crazy price for a crazy game, eh?

#33 Posted by Nictel (2429 posts) -
@AlisterCat said:
" Anyone want to gift it to me? Why oh why did I have to buy all the Mass Effect 2 DLC the other day... :/ "

Who knows, life is full of surprises and it is christmas!
#34 Posted by Scribbly (404 posts) -
@Callumrides:  It has Steam achievements, no GFWL interface and stuff included here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.