OK, let's settle this: the title

#1 Posted by EVO (3941 posts) -

Is it supposed to be Just Cause, as in blowing up that building was a just cause.

Or is it Just 'Cause, as in I blew up that building just cause I can.

#2 Posted by Vitor (2832 posts) -

It's about a revolution ergo first answer is correct. Second is just a bad pun everyone likes to use. 

#3 Posted by Icemael (6364 posts) -

I'm guessing both.

#4 Posted by Binman88 (3690 posts) -
@Icemael said:
" I'm guessing both. "
Same.
#5 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I think it's #1, but #2 is better.
#6 Posted by Bigandtasty (3204 posts) -

Characters use the former definition of the phrase in the dialogue ("I think that's a just cause," or something like that) but in all likelihood it's intended to be both.

#7 Posted by Andrela (622 posts) -

The first one. The second one is the result of americans trying speak

#8 Posted by BeachThunder (12410 posts) -
@Vitor said:
" It's about a revolution ergo first answer is correct. Second is just a bad pun everyone likes to use.  "
I'm sure that the pun was very much intentional.
#9 Posted by animateria (3259 posts) -

Just cause somebody thought it was a just cause to blow up a building doesn't make it a just cause.

#10 Edited by Marz (5671 posts) -

just =   used especially of what is legally or ethically right or proper or fitting;
cause = campaign: a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end;

i think these are the definitions the developers were striving for when naming the game.

#11 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -
@EVO:  
It's Just Cause, Why? just cause 
#12 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -

Why did I blow up the building?  Just Cause.  But that isn't really a Just Cause.

#13 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@Andrela said:
" The first one. The second one is the result of americans trying speak "
hehe
#14 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

both

#15 Posted by Gamer_152 (14109 posts) -

Just Cause as in 'just purpose', the 'just because' interpretation seems downright idiotic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.