Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Just Cause 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 23, 2010

Rico Rodriguez returns to explore another autocratic island nation in this explosion-laded followup to Just Cause.

Sea monster?

• 66 results
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By jkz
    @ImperiousRix said:
    " @alsnuts2 said:
    "I think this topic illustrates a larger issue I have had in video games since ever. I am really scared about water sections in games. Especially if the water is murky.  "
    Me too.  I mean, I know how to swim in real life, and used to go to the beach all the time.  But ever since Mario 64 with the giant eel, and Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire with the sewer monsters, I really hate water levels in video games. It's just the idea that the enemies can come from anywhere and you have terrible visibility that makes them super scary for me. "
    I have that fear too...which is weird since I Scuba. Dunno, I still have that little shake every time I look down into murky water, both in real life and in games, but it seems to stay with me for longer in games.
    Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By Trilogy

This reminds me of  people talking about big foot  in San Andreas.

j_meyer_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By j_meyer_13
    @Icil said:
    " Damn nature, you scary. Ever since the eel in Mario64, I've been scared of sea monsters.

AAAHHHH you had to remind me of that God-damned, creepy, awful thing!!  Scared the hell out of me first time I came across that thing... *shudders*
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Laughing_Man said:

" @Forcen said:

" Man, potential sea monsters just got me interested in this game. Didn't Assassins creed 2 have a giant octopus somewhere to?Remember that rumor about the Sasquatch in GTA: San Andreas? This is not fake like that one right? "

AC2 did have one. It was in one of the tombs.  "
    I saw this easter egg online, then was totally unnerved the whole time I did the platforming puzzle for this tomb. 

I remember that San Andreas, along with the rumored Bigfoot, had a rumored sea serpent in the vast ocean. No one ever found anything (surprise, surprise), but Saints Row 2 responded appropriately with an actual Sea Monster. 

Ultimately, it wouldn't surprise me if there existed a sea monster in Just Cause 2. With Rico's insane length of held breath, the waters are ripe for exploring.
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By shirogane
    @raiz265 said:
    " @Meltac said:
    " Now that we know that there isn't any sea creatures, you should start looking for flying creatures! Maybe there is a magnificent Ho-oh out there :O "
    probably not but there's that freaking epic flying danceclub  "

Guess what the first thing i did when i saw that was? 
    Unleash every weapon i had on it with every aircrafti could possibly find. It didn't blow up. I was sad =(
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I got scared of the Shark in Crysis, so this would have made me shit my pants.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

" @The_Laughing_Man said:

" @Forcen said:

" Man, potential sea monsters just got me interested in this game. Didn't Assassins creed 2 have a giant octopus somewhere to?Remember that rumor about the Sasquatch in GTA: San Andreas? This is not fake like that one right? "

AC2 did have one. It was in one of the tombs.  "

really? Is there any way you can show where the tomb is you found it in? "

bobcat1794

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By bobcat1794
    @Sir_Ragnarok: i got the shivers watching that video
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By FunExplosions
    @Sir_Ragnarok: Made me hungry
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By ArchScabby
    @Sir_Ragnarok: Oh god I remember being there, and swimming in the water.  I had no idea it was probably right beneath me!!!!
    Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#61  Edited By Davvyk

il openly admit im a total girl and am terrified of the sea. I think its ever since i saw the movie poster for jaws as a child and all of a sudden i just realised "shit....im tiny in that ocean stuff can come from anywhere"

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Jack268
    @GIVEMEREPLAY said:
    " I'm totally sad too. Now my goal is to try to make it to the edge of the map in the hope that something eats your boat if you go too far. Apparently though the map starts to become exponentially larger near its edges, because I just drove my boat for a good ten mins, yet it looked like I got nowhere on the map; now that I'm coming back though, it's taking just as long, so I'm tempted to think that there isn't just some invisible barrier. At least not for a good while.   Edit: Gizmo, your picture perfectly matches the mood of that post.  "
    I stood on a passenger jet driven by an npc and this is how it works: 

At a certain X coordinate (around 32000) you will stop moving on the map and your coordinates will stop increasing, yet you are still moving further from the islands. The sea is then infinite, you can keep going in the same direction for as long as you want, but the sea will look the same all the time. Getting back is a god damn pain >_> Stood on the jet for 40 mins, boat back took more than an hour >_> I put a weight on the w button so I wouldn't have to sit around.
    fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By fentonalpha

If you pedal up Mount Chiliad at 2am on a BMX you can see BigFoot.... i swear!  Or was that a different game?

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#64  Edited By Marz

Megaladons still exist, they are just hibernating in the deep sea.

fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By fentonalpha

In all fairness.... if they added in more Easter Eggs like this or the Lost Island into the game as DLC with an achievement for finding them all... i dunno... like 25 little hidden fun oddities.... I'd be chuffed just to have it to do. Chuffed i say.

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @fentonalpha said:
    " In all fairness.... if they added in more Easter Eggs like this or the Lost Island into the game as DLC with an achievement for finding them all... i dunno... like 25 little hidden fun oddities.... I'd be chuffed just to have it to do. Chuffed i say. "
    Oooh! Easter Egg achievements! That's an awesome idea!  I'd like that in the game as well :) 

And I hope they do add the sea monster and not just one, add at least 3 that you can find around the Panau seas! hehe!  And with different sizes!  It would also be weird if you can grapple on the sea monster's neck sticking out of the ocean hahaha!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.