So how much did you people actually end up playing this game?

#1 Posted by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -

Late to the party, but whatever.

I felt like I did way more stuff in this game than any sane person would do. I ended up feelling like I did absolutely everything this game has to offer 159 billion times if not more. I was done with the story and every faction mission very quickly, but I kept going back to randomly cause some shit in nearby military bases. It felt like I would never-ever run out of bases, because whenever I entered one I wouldn't leave until I hit 100% in it, and I often spent basically an entire day with this game.

But I still ended up at about 56% completion before other games stopped me from continuing.

So, I was curious. What was your percentage when you stopped playing this game?

#2 Posted by MEATBALL (3330 posts) -

I think I played about 20 hours, most of it just messing around with the grappling hook, planes and blowing things up. I had barely any completion whatsoever. For whatever reason I never really bothered to return to it after those 20 hours, though, and don't really feel any urge to. The size of the environment is amazing and the sheer potential for mucking about is fantastic...but the core gameplay mechanics and (to miss the point a bit) the story weren't enough to keep me on board.

But hey, 20 hours is alright.

#3 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -

I still play the game for short periods at a time pretty frequently still.  One of the benefits of getting it from Games On Demand, I can just boot it up if i feel like wrecking shit.  So no, so many months (year and change?) later I'm probably in the high 30%'s.  A real slow-burn style game for me.  Still great fun, especially with the stupid DLC stuff they crammed in there.

#4 Posted by Zidd (1851 posts) -

I only earned a few steam achivements in it. Mostly because it ran badly on my computer.

#5 Posted by spankingaddict (2705 posts) -

I've played it for probably 25-30 hrs. I have no idea what percent....good game

#6 Posted by JJGIANT (755 posts) -

I loved that game to but but even I got burned out on it, finished on about 65% or something. A big amazing world full of the same stuff.

#7 Edited by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Played for 30 hours, did a few missions, mostly explored and caused Chaos.
But everytime I caused Chaos I was so disappointed by the limited things to blow up that I quit :/

#8 Posted by xyzygy (10030 posts) -

I played for about 50 hours I believe? Amazing game, I even S-Ranked it.

#9 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

I S-ranked it, worth every minute.

#10 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@Ventilaator:  i dont play games to 'finish' them.. i play games to beat them + have fun spending countless hours doing pointless shit

so though i only have like 45% finished in JC2 (and it's beaten), i spent hours upon hours having the time of my life in that game's dazzling world.. it's #2 on my 2010 GOTY list behind Red Dead Redemption
#11 Posted by psylah (2181 posts) -

I played through the story, pretty ridiculous.

When it came to 100% on the bases and villages, it only took a few of them for me to realize spending 30 minutes looking for the last piece of red detritus to blow up was not very fun, so I stopped doing that.

My favorite thing to do was to take a helicopter up to the top of the skybox, jump out, and try to catch it and land it safely.
My SECOND favorite thing to go to the airport and grapple a car to one of the planes taking off on the runway and riding it across the  map.
My THIRD favorite... alright that's enough.

#12 Posted by leebmx (2247 posts) -

I loved this game. I'm waiting for a chance to go back to to it maybe in summer when their aren't so many new games coming out. I don't wnat to go back for completionist reasons (as someone said, looking for the last red barrel in a base gets boring) but becuase I was just so amazed by the size of the world, how much there was to find and how fuckin fun it was to blow it all up.....

Saying that I hope if they make a next game they include these points to improve it:
 1) Make the characters and plotting better - If there was real motivation to do the missions and characters you believed in and liked this game could have been an all time great.
 2) Bring the cities to life - The main city felt deserted and dead with no real life apart from soldiers and enemies. Need to look towards GT4 or assasins creed for how to make a world feel populated.
 3) Maybe some stealth stuff or just more varied missions but I suppose the rasion d'etre of this game is blowing things up so you wouldn't want to change it too much.
#13 Posted by super_machine (1931 posts) -

I am nearly 40% complete or so it tells me. I found this game got too boring after a while. Sure, there are a lot of things to do, but they end up being the same thing in a different location. What could have been cool, is if they opened up the world to multiplayer and let you free roam PVP. I played a ton of this game over the weekend on my PS3 BTW.

#14 Posted by JackSukeru (5921 posts) -

Aw man, I never played much more of than the demo ( a bunch of times). Tell ya what, if they make another similar one I'm there 'kay?

#15 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2499 posts) -

Put about 70 hours in on the PS3 when it first came out. Just started playing through the PC version a month or so ago among other games, and I'm about 18 hours into that one now.

#16 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

I just got it a couple of days ago and have played 8 hours.  I mostly just head towards a mission, then get side tracked doing something awesome.  

#17 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

10 hours maybe? I've only done 2 story missions though.

#18 Posted by firewrkninja (228 posts) -

somewhere near 70% i got

#19 Posted by ScoreSetter (77 posts) -

Probably 50-60 hours total. I just went back to it recently for just under half that time to play through on Experienced and get up to 75% completion.

I love playing with those mechanics and finding a new "Awesome!" moment randomly in that game every now and again...but I think I'm done with it finally until JC3.

#20 Posted by DarkTravesty (330 posts) -

probably 40% on 360 and %10 on pc. i'll play it now and again not to do any story stuff but just to fuck around.

#21 Posted by EVO (3919 posts) -

40 hours, 40%.

I finished the story, completed a bunch of villages and bases, then played it on shrooms one night and laughed so hard I couldn't breath. Haven't played it since.

#22 Posted by Mesklinite (807 posts) -

I played 15 minutes.
#23 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

Dunno about percentage but I've played about 25 hours of it. Gotta go and play some more at some point.

#24 Posted by JTMosh (259 posts) -

I tried really hard to get into it but I just never could. I played probably 10-15 hours before I decided it wasn't really for me. I think someday I'll pick it back up but I don't know when.

#25 Edited by Tennmuerti (8140 posts) -

a few hours at most
then it got mind numbingly boring, so I traded i in

#26 Posted by Ghost_of_Perdition (735 posts) -

According to my saved game stats: 131 hrs. 14 mins. 40 sec. with 85% completion.

Um...I really, really like that game.

#27 Posted by Gabriel (4067 posts) -

I played the Demo for about 10 hours, no desire to play the game though. 

#28 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

Spent a few hours doing some missions but in the end I kinda ended up going all GTA-style on the environment, killing and blowing stuff up.

#29 Edited by Vestigial_Man (311 posts) -

Nearly 102 hours now yet only at about 46% completion, it's the first game I've put more than 100 hours into. I found 100%-ing villages kinda pointless yet happily spent two and a half hours trying to drive from one side of the map to the other without my car blowing up, a ridiculous sense of achievement for doing absolutely nothing. Game is stupid fun.

Update : After another 30hrs played, I have finally passed 50% completion. I have a serious issue of doing nothing while playing, just flying around the map for hours at a time. This game has its claws deep into my brain.

#30 Posted by BulletStorm (487 posts) -

63 Hours according to steam clock. 

#31 Posted by Mikemcn (6996 posts) -

54 hours, did a playthrough in about 30 and just messed around in the world for 20 more hours. You could speed through the story in less than 10 but I took my time. 

#32 Posted by Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497 (560 posts) -

I put in around 85 hours and am at a little over 80% complete.  The only reason I stopped playing is because it was getting tough to find shit to blow up.

#33 Posted by vaportra1l (272 posts) -

50 hrs. Going for the s-rank. Think I'm at 68%.

#34 Posted by chan05 (318 posts) -

48 hours, 52% and counting

#35 Posted by Three0neFive (2297 posts) -

About 70 hours and somewhere around 50%.

Then I realized you'd have to be out of your fucking mind to 100% this game and gave up.

#36 Posted by Redbullet685 (6054 posts) -

Never finished, but I must have gotten 20 hours into it. I actually want to start playing it again.

#37 Posted by MattBosten (497 posts) -

Can't give you an exact hour count, but I'd say 20-30hrs. Enough to S-Rank it.

#38 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

I never made it to the ending

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.