Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Just Cause 3

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Dec 01, 2015

Battle a dictator's forces in a fictional Mediterranean archipelago in this follow-up to the popular series from Avalanche Studios and Square-Enix.

Just got the game!

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm installing it now, I'm not going to play it right away but if you guys want to ask me any questions I am happy to answer them.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice! My main request is to come back after a couple of hours and let us know how the controls are and how ridiculous it is.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paulmako: I will do! I'm playing on ps4 and I'm just waiting for the 2.695GB patch to finish downloading.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@pompouspizza: I'm curious about the performance on PS4. Is it a steady 30 or a variable 60 or Gid forbid does it dip below 30's when stuff starts exploding.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought the pc-version and already have the thing pre-loaded and ready to go, but I'm still curious 'bout the console versions. Having watched bunch of gameplay videos, I'm probably most interested in the framerate and how it holds up.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pompouspizza

@humanity: I will say that I'm not the most sensitive to bad framerates but to me it feels like a pretty solid 30. I have blown up a lot of stuff at once and I have not noticed any drops.

Edit - I take it back. The framerate is fine but there has been some noticeable drops and hitching so far. The load times are not great either. I am really enjoying it so far though!

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paulmako: I think the controls feel great and using the wingsuit feels really good.

simmster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By simmster

I've got the game too (they are selling it in stores in Germany alredy) and I've been playing it on PS4. I also have the Day One Patch installed.

The fps is all over the place, it's definitely sub-20 at times when it all kicks off. Hard to control vehicles when it drops so badly during lots of explosions.

I'm enjoying it but they definitely need to address this with a patch as the frame rate is really really bad at times.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My question is: how are the cities? Is there one big city like in JC2? Are the settlements very populated?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@simmster: I was kind of worried that might be the case.

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Apparently people are saying the ps4 version is "broken" without elaborating very much. Have you seen anything so far to say one way or another?

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How are the load times? I just saw a video showing 3 1/2 minutes between dying and loading checkpoint on PS4. I'm watching a PC stream and it's only a couple seconds. Did they drop the ball on PS4?

Avatar image for tavistavistavis
    tavistavistavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How are the load times? I just saw a video showing 3 1/2 minutes between dying and loading checkpoint on PS4. I'm watching a PC stream and it's only a couple seconds. Did they drop the ball on PS4?

I saw that video as well, it worries me. I could go xbox one but I don't know if that would be any better. There is a thread on gaf with lots of speculation. December 1st has quickly become a day where I was definitely going to get R6 Siege and JC3 and now might not get either.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatonedudenick: In my experience, the load times are bad but nowhere near 3 and a half minutes.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CastroCasper: Not at all. The framerate is definitely not perfect but it's not really got in the way for me. The load times are pretty bad and the servers have been constantly disconnecting and pausing the game while it tries to reconnect which has been super annoying, but judging by Twitter that's been affecting all platforms.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

so is this just another open world game where the main draw is just watching a number slowly increase to 100% completion or does the game actually encourage you to play further with fun missions and good game design instead.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

Hi, thanks for answering questions! One of my favorite parts about Just Cause 2 was when you were freefalling at extreme speeds, you could collide with the ground and survive as long as you hit the parachute button a split second before you hit the ground (or the moment you hit the ground. I don't remember.) Can you do that this in this game?

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

@glottery said:

I bought the pc-version and already have the thing pre-loaded and ready to go, but I'm still curious 'bout the console versions. Having watched bunch of gameplay videos, I'm probably most interested in the framerate and how it holds up.

How is the performance? I have a laptop that runs Fallout 4/ MGS V pretty well but is struggling with AC: syndicate. Really curious as to which camp this one is gonna fall in.

@ajayraz: Haven't seen you in a while! (I think)

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The real question is....will this game be any more fun than messing around with 999 other players in JC2 multiplayer?

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rethla

@ajayraz said:

Hi, thanks for answering questions! One of my favorite parts about Just Cause 2 was when you were freefalling at extreme speeds, you could collide with the ground and survive as long as you hit the parachute button a split second before you hit the ground (or the moment you hit the ground. I don't remember.) Can you do that this in this game?

Yeh, Vinny did exactly that in the quicklook.

so is this just another open world game where the main draw is just watching a number slowly increase to 100% completion or does the game actually encourage you to play further with fun missions and good game design instead.

Depends if you consider big explosions good gamedesign or not.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glottery said:

How is the performance? I have a laptop that runs Fallout 4/ MGS V pretty well but is struggling with AC: syndicate. Really curious as to which camp this one is gonna fall in.

Oh, 'ts just preloaded and will be like that 'till monday night. I suppose that's still one of the console benefits, being able to play your physical copy ahead of actual release. I'd like to think it'll run okay, at least they didn't say anything out loud in the QL about crazy requirements and it seemed to ran perfectly on their PC, which I don't think is anything too crazy.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't think my PC is beefy enough to run it smoothly and GPU costs are pretty high in Canada right now. Really curious about how it performs on the consoles since I'll probably go for that version.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pompouspizza: heres a surprising question for ya, how's the story? is it a fun ride?

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke: According to the stat screen there are only 25 missions and I have done 8 of them I think. So far a lot of them have been really short (some of them have literally been just a cutscene.) I like some of the characters but none of them seem all that fleshed out. There is a ton of side stuff though, it seems like a pretty long game.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukeweizer: Like I said earlier, the performance is fine for the most part. There has been a few instances of very odd slowdown for a few seconds where Rico will literally be moving in slow motion. When that happens though it doesn't feel like it's the framerate it feel like something else, but I don't know. Also the load times are pretty bad and very inconsistent, I have done some challenges that load pretty much instantly but then I had one in particular that loaded quickly on the first try, but then when I failed and reloaded it took what felt like minutes to load.

Having said all that I do think the game it great fun and it looks great. If console is your only option I wouldn't worry too much.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

@glottery said:
    @armaan8014 said:

@glottery said:

Oh, 'ts just preloaded and will be like that 'till monday night. I suppose that's still one of the console benefits, being able to play your physical copy ahead of actual release. I'd like to think it'll run okay, at least they didn't say anything out loud in the QL about crazy requirements and it seemed to ran perfectly on their PC, which I don't think is anything too crazy.

Wasn't Mad Max made by Avalanche as well? That ran pretty beautifully on most setups, including mine. Hope this performs similarly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.