Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Just Cause

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 27, 2006

Just Cause is an open-world action game that has you play as Rico Rodriguez, a black-ops agent helping guerrillas and cartels to overthrow the government of San Esperito.

Just Cause 2 Excitement, How Was The First?

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By breadfan

I had no interest in Just Cause 2 until I played the demo earlier today. It's safe to say that this game is going to be a lot of fun, however I've never played the first game. Can someone tell me if the two are similar based on the demo for the second game. I know that there was the same basic concept of doing crazy ass stunts, but is the first one fairly tamed?

Just Cause is only about $8 at Gamestop at the moment so I may end up buying it anyway.

Avatar image for pnut_buttr_panda
    PNut_Buttr_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By PNut_Buttr_Panda

theres a reason its only 8 dollars the first one was terrible. it had great potential but the execution and gameplay faulted and the overall experience was not poor.

although this is my own opinion and i suggest you look up gameplay vids online to get a feel for the old game. many people did like it for its great ideas and different gameplay. but for the most part a lot of people didnt like it.

JC2 is looking to be what JC1 should have been.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By spaceturtle

I only tried the the demo for the original Just Cause. And judging from that demo, the game really sucks. Like Peanut Panda (second post) said, JC2 is looking to manage pulling of what JC1 didnt. Keep in mind though, I've only played the demos for both games.I would NOT waste me $8 on JC1 if I where you!

PNut_Buttr_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PNut_Buttr_Panda
    @SPACETURTLE: hey theres a thought
    try finding the demo for JC1. it may possibly be still up on marketplace or on the web somewhere for the pc.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

The first game was great fun.  You have to remember that it was originally an Xbox game that got ported to the 360.  Therefore, there's a lot of great things it did on the last generation of consoles...but on today's generation, it was still lagging a little. 

I picked it up for about $10, and it's definitely worth checking out just for the insanity of the shit you can do in that game. 

I mean, seriously...you can target your grenades and shoot them to blow them up! 

YOU CAN TARGET...YOUR GRENADES...AFTER YOU THROW THEM...AND SHOOT THEM...IN FRONT OF A FUCKING ENEMY...AND BLOW THEM UP!!! 

We NEED more of this kind of shit in video games!!!

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By hatking

For when it came out I think it was great.  I would argue that it is still better than Mercenaries 2 which came out a few years later.  I actually thought the game looked great, maybe doesn't hold up so much anymore, but for the time I think it looked great.
    PNut_Buttr_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PNut_Buttr_Panda
    @HatKing: agreed

mercs 2 was nearly broken with glitches and bugs almost from release day. i held onto my old ps2 and most of my games including the first mercs which i sill think is the better of the two.
    spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By spaceturtle
    @PNut_Buttr_Panda:
    Oh, thats right! I didnt even think of that. Yeah, @Br3adfan: the demo for JC1 can be found on Steam I think.
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hatking
    @PNut_Buttr_Panda:
    Actually yeah, the first Mercs was crazy good though.  That is probably one of my favorite games of the last generation.
    Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By killroycantkill
    @Br3adfan: The first one was fun to just mess around in but there just too many things wrong with it to be a good game. Especially the car handleing.... its so bad.
    PNut_Buttr_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PNut_Buttr_Panda
    @Killroycantkill: agree
    the cars in JC1 were all like driving rocket sleds that dont turn.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @PNut_Buttr_Panda said:
    " @Killroycantkill: agree the cars in JC1 were all like driving rocket sleds that dont turn. "
    You gotta admit driving off a cliff at full pelt was fun as hell. 
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By ImperiousRix

I thought the first was horrendous.  It had a bunch of good ideas, but the execution was atrocious.  I understand people have affection for it in a weird... ironic sense, but I couldn't get into it. 
    I admit, the new one looks great, but I can't say that I'd recommend playing the first one.

PNut_Buttr_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PNut_Buttr_Panda
    @The_Laughing_Man: it was but the physics in jc2 while driving a jeep off a mountain and into a thicket of trees puts those to shame.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @PNut_Buttr_Panda said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: it was but the physics in jc2 while driving a jeep off a mountain and into a thicket of trees puts those to shame. "
    I think we can say its just like How AC should have been like AC2. The game looks awesome. A nice open world. Tall mountains..fast cars...air jacking....
    PNut_Buttr_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PNut_Buttr_Panda
    @The_Laughing_Man: yep

i just hope that jc2 isnt plagued with problems from the release day. like mercs 2
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @PNut_Buttr_Panda said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: yep  i just hope that jc2 isnt plagued with problems from the release day. like mercs 2 "
    I had a fun bug. I got one hidden piece of car parts. Then the rest started to tick for me. I picked up up..and got over 50 more without even moving. 
    PNut_Buttr_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PNut_Buttr_Panda
    @The_Laughing_Man: lol everyone got that bug. it was a weird save info error. you could get it by playing with someone online that had it. or if your lucky it turns out your a carrier and it starts randomly for you. it was possible to get one that would give you the part whenever you flew over where the part would be sitting on the ground regardless if you already picked it up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.