Will Kameo ever get a sequel?

#1 Posted by AndrewB (7575 posts) -

Or was it just one of those one-off launch games. I remember the hype for this game being so great, as easily the best looking Xbox 360 launch title. It was the only game that actually wanted to make me buy the console at launch. It did have some mediocre reviews, but also a lot of good ones, and it still maintains a metacritic rating of 79, which is pretty darn good.

But I suppose it never really did anything special, and I'm sure that, today, it would be far overshadowed by the likes of Ratchet and Clank and even Banjo Kazooie. Still, it's weird to think that Kameo would be so faithful to its namesake and be just a cameo on one system and then fade away into the great beyond. 

Or are they saving it for the next Xbox?

#2 Posted by Andorski (5268 posts) -

Didn't Rare say the stopped working on a Kameo sequel in order to work on Natal games?

#3 Posted by AndrewB (7575 posts) -
@Andorski: I think I remember hearing some news about the game somewhat recently, but I'm not sure. That would make sense.
#4 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

Kameo was alright but I am hardly hanging out for a sequel.

#5 Posted by TooWalrus (13161 posts) -

I've still got the first game on my shelf. It's a launch copy I bought on impulse... I played the first level. Didn't care for it much. It reminded me of a gamecube game. Graphics that I'm sure were good at the time, and awful controls and interface. Though I have been a big fan of Viva Pinata and Nuts & Bolts, so I'd be willing to play pretty much anything made by Rare.

#6 Posted by AndrewB (7575 posts) -
@c1337us: I'm not really, either, but I'm still interested to know what's going on with it. It seemed like, with pretty much every game these days, they were positioning it to be a franchise, and it did sell fairly well; although I could imagine people being cautious about that, considering it was a launch title/graphical showcase. Then again, the 360 adoption rate wasn't very high until people had to see what the PS3 was going to offer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.