Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Aug 17, 2010

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days makes a notable switch of the titular duo, with James Lynch now taking up the role as lead protagonist over Kane. However the two are still once again forced to endure a hail of gunfire as they find themselves embroiled in Shanghai's criminal underworld.

Worth $20?

• 59 results
    supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By supermonkey122

Thinking about downloading it from PSN.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Mcfart

I've seen it for all platforms for $5 many times. If you wanna waste money, go ahead.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Fearbeard

I'd wait for a sale

I actually enjoyed the game, but it has it's issues and is pretty short if all you are looking for is single player. I don't know if the multiplayer is alive or not.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By GunstarRed

It's worth like £2.(or whatever the equivalent for you is) That works out at about a pound per hour of gameplay.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ZenaxPure

@GunstarRed said:

It's worth like £2.(or whatever the equivalent for you is) That works out at about a pound per hour of gameplay.

I't sad at how true this is :(

Paid (iirc) $2.50 for it on Steam and the story took me 2 and a half hours. It's not worth $20 imo.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vodun

I really enjoyed it, but considering how everyone else loves hating on it I find it hard to recommend it.

TheSilentGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 28

#7  Edited By TheSilentGod
    @GunstarRed said:

This hits it right on the head. Do not waste your money on it.
    Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Quarters

I actually really enjoy both of the K&L games. The second one in particular has a really cool style, the best presentation of that type of thing that I've seen yet. Plus, the shooting's alright, and if you have someone to play coop with, there's that. I just think they have interesting characters, and fairly compelling stories. They're douchebags, but they're really unapologetic about it, and don't try to manipulate you into thinking they have hearts of gold. I appreciate the honesty.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ZenaxPure

@Vodun said:

I really enjoyed it, but considering how everyone else loves hating on it I find it hard to recommend it.

I liked it myself but really the game isn't even 3 hours long. If he isn't bothered by paying $20 for something so short it's certainly worth it, but that is a hard sell for me personally. Perhaps if he is interested in multiplayer though I don't know if there is an active community for that game or anything.

I think it's worth playing for the crazy visual effects alone, really love the "look and feel" of the game. I think blowing off a dudes head only to see a bloody blurred image is way more impactful than seeing a dudes head explode at this point.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By Humanity

@Zenaxzd said:

@Vodun said:

I liked it myself but really the game isn't even 3 hours long. If he isn't bothered by paying $20 for something so short it's certainly worth it, but that is a hard sell for me personally. Perhaps if he is interested in multiplayer though I don't know if there is an active community for that game or anything.

I think it's worth playing for the crazy visual effects alone, really love the "look and feel" of the game. I think blowing off a dudes head only to see a bloody blurred image is way more impactful than seeing a dudes head explode at this point.

It's roughly 5 hours long. C'mon saying it's not even 3 hours is a little bit of a stretch. I'd say it's worth somewhere around $15 or LESS range. For $20 you can get a lot of other used games that will last you much longer.

I personally enjoyed it as it's insanely gritty. I think the story and presentation is pretty interesting in a "wow this is really fucked up" kind of way. I think it manages to achieve that HEAT feeling that the first game was going for. At this point I don't know how man people would be playing online as I bought that game full price on release day and had a hard time finding full games back then - but the multiplayer is actually really interesting.

In short for $20 no I don't think it's worth it. For $10 I could definitely recommend it.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By zaccheus

I agree with others. 20$ seems a bit steep, it's definitely worth 10$ just for the cool visuals.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Rhaknar

its worth the 5 bucks its on regulary on steam, for the visual style alone, but not 20

hmmisee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By hmmisee

It's terrible, I'll say no.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vodun said:

I'd go with something like this. Seems pretty divisive.

The brief time I had with it, I really enjoyed, but enough people dislike it that there's a decent chance taking the plunge won't be worth it/

Wait 'til it's cheaper.

Incapability

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Incapability

It's a totally fine game. There's a cool visual style, there's a lot of moaning, bleeding, pissing, crying, screaming and brutality.

I think the thing you need to know about the game, is that it was developed by Danish people. It's thematically very different from games produced in America, for that reason, just like how Japanese games are different, too.

Had it been an American game, the main characters would probably be gruff, good looking heroes that need to do some bad shit to save good people for the right reasons. This, being a Danish game, you have a couple of fat, old, ugly dudes that just want to fucking retire, but have to save some ugly girl first, and everything goes to complete shit in the process.

I recommend it on sale, I genuinely thought it was an enjoyable experience, although short.

resifreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By resifreak

i brought it day and and paid £35 for it and never regretted it, its a fun game with decent co-op but now its worth between £5-10

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BlackLagoon

I enjoyed playing through it co-op with a friend. It's got a really unique look to it, even if it does detract a bit from the gameplay.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d557b323a6f7
    deactivated-5d557b323a6f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might be worth it if you got a bro to do some couch co-op with. That's how I enjoyed it.

zaglis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zaglis

At one point it was 3.70. Wait for a steam sale. Everything above 5$ is too much of a ripoff

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By ajamafalous

It's regularly below $5 on Steam. You should wait if you're interested.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

Really liked the multiplayer portion of it. They should just release that part on PSN and Live.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SlasherMan

I bought it for $5 and regretted that decision.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

It's a great game you guys.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pweidman

Yes, and the co-op is good as is the mp if anyone's still playing it. Oh and people love to exaggerate how short it is for some reason. It's easily over 5 hrs on normal and more on the hard diff, with some very cool visual effects that are already influencing other games since.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Levius

No, I would say get the first if you haven't already, it does way more interesting shit.

EpicBenjamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 46

#27  Edited By EpicBenjamin

I loved the shit out of that game, but 20$ is asking a bit much for a 4-5 hour game where no one is playing the multiplayer. I'd say wait for the steam sale because it will probably drop down to 10$ and I think that's the right price.

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BleedingStarX

Definitely not

TinyGallon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TinyGallon

A used copy should run around $10 right now (just checked Amazon).   
    The numerous Steam Sale suggestions don't seem much help as OP was considering buying it on PS3.. 

For what it's worth, I like the concept of this game but the demo gave me motion sickness

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ravenlight

K&L2 is an awesome game... until you actually have to play it.

Definitely an interesting curiosity, but I wouldn't spend any more than $5 on it.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AlexW00d

It took 3 hours to finish and thus I got an hour of gameplay per pound spent; still not worth it.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By YoungFrey

It's currently: $15 on Steam $5 Amazon PC download $15 Amazon PS3 $10 Amazon 360 I'd say it's worth $5 single player. But I had a good time co-oping it, so I'd say it's worth $10 if you have a co-op partner.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#34  Edited By musubi

I owned it up until a few months ago. I enjoyed the game. Had I paid any more than $20 I would have felt ripped off. However $20 seems like a fair price to me IMO.

1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By 1p

I found it to be worth playing, if you like the uncompromising dark shit. It's memorable, though not necessarily always fun. Unique visuals.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By xMP44x

I found it was better than I expected. Mind you, I like IO's games. I got my Limited Edition copy for £10 so if you can get it for that price you might as well. The Limited Edition adds nothing to your experience in the game since the weapons will be in the Multiplayer section and the Arcade mode only, and there's a reasonable chance you won't try either. The game's style is pretty good and the story is intense, if not well written. It manages to go to some really dark places but it's not forgiving if you're playing it for achievements or a challenge. Hard difficulty more or less comes down to the game being a breeze until a few points involving light machine guns where you're cut to shreds in moments.

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By IkariNoTekken

Based on all the feedback it got and the supposed length of the game, its probably not worth forking out $20 for it.

My copy is still sealed so can't say much on quality but I only paid about 4 quid for it (about 6 dollars for you mate), so even if I hate it, its not the biggest loss.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By captain_clayman

you can find it in a bargain bin for cheaper i'm sure.

theoldhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By theoldhouse

NO! I wouldn't recommend it at any price but if you are too curious (and have another masochistic coop bud) then get it for 10 MAX.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ZenaxPure

@Humanity said:

It's roughly 5 hours long. C'mon saying it's not even 3 hours is a little bit of a stretch. I'd say it's worth somewhere around $15 or LESS range. For $20 you can get a lot of other used games that will last you much longer.

Uh, not really. My exact timer on steam says 3.9 hours and part of that was installing it the first time to make sure it ran on my PC (which was probably a good 20 minutes or so of me just messing with settings and stuff ingame) and times while playing where I went afk to do other things. The game barely made it to the 2 and a half hour mark. Not to mention I spent at least half an hour on a few parts in the final level where encounters were poorly designed.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41  Edited By dillonwerner

DON'T DO IT MAN

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#42  Edited By Humanity

@Zenaxzd said:

@Humanity said:

Uh, not really. My exact timer on steam says 3.9 hours and part of that was installing it the first time to make sure it ran on my PC (which was probably a good 20 minutes or so of me just messing with settings and stuff ingame) and times while playing where I went afk to do other things. The game barely made it to the 2 and a half hour mark. Not to mention I spent at least half an hour on a few parts in the final level where encounters were poorly designed.

Well I remember that I definitely spent more than 2 hours on the single player campaign and I didn't necessarily get stuck anywhere a whole lot as it was a pretty straight forward game. I think it's a roughly 4.5 hr game if you just go through it at a regular pace but I won't argue the point.

thesquarepear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By thesquarepear

It's worth it, if only just to see this

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By supermonkey122

Having a very tough time deciding. I played the demo, and liked it a lot. I am seriously 1 click away from buying it.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MikeGosot
    @supermonkey122 said:

Having a very tough time deciding. I played the demo, and liked it a lot. I am seriously 1 click away from buying it.

Well, the game is pretty short and there are used copies that are cheaper.
    ArcLyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ArcLyte

Its a pretty cool game, but $20 is asking way too much

mitsuko_souma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mitsuko_souma

At first I thought the title said $2 and was thinking, "sure why not, any full release game is worth buying for $2". Then I saw it was $20. Anyways, the answer is NO.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By bybeach

I have it from a steam sale..idk, 10 or 15 dollars, I think I can check come to think.

Imma going to play it someday. It seems to threaten some of the appeal I was looking for, some bad guys with some history trying, in their way dark world. The idea of, who is it, lynch?, wanting to hang in there for his old lady. Put the demons aside and all. Failing.

It could of been done well, but in application sounds mixed...

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#49  Edited By triple07

I would say no but I bought the game to play splitscreen with my roommate and the whole camera shake and the lighting effects made it impossible to play so we took it back. You might have better luck but from what I played it just didn't seem very fun.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#50  Edited By Yummylee

I'm one of the few who really enjoyed K&L2. I even thought the original was OK, up until it got crazy hard when you head into the war-torn.. middle east, I think? And oh god, that stealth section almost killed the game right there. But regardless, K&L2 really is as short as people proclaim. It got a lot of its mileage out of its multiplayer, and I doubt there's much of a community left for that. So no, I wouldn't say $20 is worth it exactly. Besides, surely it can be found cheaper? I've often seen it going for £6 or so quid here and there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.