Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 13, 2007

A squad-based shooter centering around the uneasy alliance between ex-military mercenary Adam 'Kane' Marcus and the psychopathic James Lynch.

Gerstmann-Gate

woodtsunami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By woodtsunami

Ok people. Do you think that we sould worship this game because it created GB??? Or do you think we should hate this game because it fucked Jeff up?

I for one think we should hate it eternally! Just because it was so mean to Jeff!!!

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Endogene

What matters is the present.

woodtsunami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By woodtsunami

What kind of crazy philosophical answer is that?! Post your opinion about the game. Hate/Love

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Endogene

People are tired of discussing what happened back then, that is all. Hence we do not longer care.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pause422

Wow. Its pretty sad this long after the event that you're starting a new topic on it. I don't really care what you think about it, but its over.....honestly let it go.

- k&l is shit btw.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Snail
    Endogene said:
    "People are tired of discussing what happened back then, that is all. Hence we do not longer care."
    ^
    MB, do your thing.
    samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By samcotts

I would prefer just to forget about the whole saga, there is no need to bring it up again. And the game had nothing to do with what happened, Jeffs bosses are the ones to blame.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I feel indifferent to the game as far as its relation to Gerstmann is concerned. Surely any grudges should be held with CNET, not simply scapegoated off on to Kane & Lynch. Besides, I don't believe it was ever confirmed that it was the review for that game that got Jeff fired anyway.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By HazBazz
    Woodtsunami said:
    "What kind of crazy philosophical answer is that?! Post your opinion about the game. Hate/Love"
    You're not giving us your opinions about the game.
    I think the game is a pretty decent third person shooter, but is easily forgettable.
    Whether or not the game had anything to do with Jeff's firing, non of us know, but its much better for everyone to look past it and focus on the future.
    I hate making serious posts
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By zitosilva
    Woodtsunami said:
    "What kind of crazy philosophical answer is that?! Post your opinion about the game. Hate/Love"
    Not really philosofical, he was just being laconic. And I completely agree with him.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Hamz

I was gutted to see Jeff leave Gamespot i really was. But i still went out and bought Kane and Lynch to see just exactly what this game was like and man did it really fall into the review Jeff gave it. Honestly it was a game that i would of told many people to just pass over and ignore.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zitosilva
    Hamz said:
    "I was gutted to see Jeff leave Gamespot i really was. But i still went out and bought Kane and Lynch to see just exactly what this game was like and man did it really fall into the review Jeff gave it. Honestly it was a game that i would of told many people to just pass over and ignore."
    But still, it's not really THAT bad of a game. It's not good, and I think it's safe to say you won't miss on anything by passing it. But we've certainly seen worse. And I think Jeff's review clearly shows that.

Edited for typos.
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I liked Kane and Lynch. Bought it and dont regret it one bit.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By jakob187
    zitosilva said:
    "Hamz said:
    "I was gutted to see Jeff leave Gamespot i really was. But i still went out and bought Kane and Lynch to see just exactly what this game was like and man did it really fall into the review Jeff gave it. Honestly it was a game that i would of told many people to just pass over and ignore."
    But still, it's not really THAT bad of a game. It's not good, and I think it's safe to say you won't miss on anything by passing it. But we've certainly seem worse. And I think Jeff's review clearly shows that."
    When you look at the pedigree of the Hitman franchise and Freedom Fighters...and then realize that Kane & Lynch came from the same studio...yeah, Kane & Lynch blows donkeys for breakfast.
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By keyhunter

It was pretty awful. I played the PC version for POINTS. And as soon as you get to about the second half of the game it becomes this awful chore to complete. And yes, the characters were unlikeable.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zitosilva
    jakob187 said:
    "zitosilva said:
    "Hamz said:
    But still, it's not really THAT bad of a game. It's not good, and I think it's safe to say you won't miss on anything by passing it. But we've certainly seem worse. And I think Jeff's review clearly shows that."
    When you look at the pedigree of the Hitman franchise and Freedom Fighters...and then realize that Kane & Lynch came from the same studio...yeah, Kane & Lynch blows donkeys for breakfast."
    I'll be honest with you... I really don't like neither Freedom Fighters nor Hitman. But I do agree with you that they are better games than K & L.
    tmontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tmontana1004
    Gamer_152 said:
    "

I feel indifferent to the game as far as its relation to Gerstmann is concerned. Surely any grudges should be held with CNET, not simply scapegoated off on to Kane & Lynch. Besides, I don't believe it was ever confirmed that it was the review for that game that got Jeff fired anyway.

"
    Haha then explain to me that photo of Jeff holding the K&L case and looking at it with interest at TGS.
    vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#18  Edited By vigorousjammer
    tmontana1004 said:
    "Gamer_152 said:
    "

"
    Haha then explain to me that photo of Jeff holding the K&L case and looking at it with interest at TGS."
    One word: Publicity...
    Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Absurd

We already let our anger out, I remember the Great Eidos Forum Raid!

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By RHCPfan24

Stop living in the past people...

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I still give it

A very average game; not horrible, but definitely not great.

thanatos990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By thanatos990

lol if it hadnt happen, he wouldnt of created this near perfect gaming site, I never go to GS anymore

stucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By stucket

its in the past dude,without that happening we wont have a free-to-use/Low amount of advertisement website

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By xplodedd
    stucket said:
    "its in the past dude,without that happening we wont have a free-to-use/Low amount of advertisement website"
    while that might be true, none of us really know whats behind this issue, we only know what was exposed to us.
    Origina1Penguin said:
    "I still give it

A very average game; not horrible, but definitely not great."
    remember the advertising and preview and shit on gamespot? they sounded like that game was a 5/5
    HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HazBazz
    tmontana1004 said:
    "Gamer_152 said:
    "

"
    Haha then explain to me that photo of Jeff holding the K&L case and looking at it with interest at TGS."
    Its a joke. Whether or not K&L was to blame for his termination, everybody knows that the game was the main 'suspect', if you like. Jeff was just making a reference to this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.