Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 13, 2007

A squad-based shooter centering around the uneasy alliance between ex-military mercenary Adam 'Kane' Marcus and the psychopathic James Lynch.

Should I play this game?

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Heartagram

I have always found the idea of this game sounded kind of fun. The characters seem cool but obviously i have heard the game is not great.  

With that being said should i even bother renting it from gamefly?

Fjordhermit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Fjordhermit
    @Heartagram:
    Absolutely rent it.  You may find the gameplay annoying, or you may not care because the story and characters pull you through.  But it's definitely worth experiencing for yourself.  I'm glad I checked it out, despite bad press.  My recommendation is to play it on the easiest difficulty setting, though, as the difficult aiming and cover system can bog down the momentum of the awesome story.
    Moeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Moeez

Play it if you want a unique story, characters, amazing environments, action setpieces, and a great Hollywood crime movie. 

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @Moeez said:
    "

Play it if you want a unique story, characters, amazing environments, action setpieces, and a great Hollywood crime movie. 

"
    But avoid it if you consider 'gameplay' to be at all important in video games.
    turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By turboman

Giant Bomb wouldn't be here if it wasn't for this game... so go ahead and appreciate it as much as possible

Moeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Moeez
    @MysteriousBob said:
    " @Moeez said:
    "

"
    But avoid it if you consider 'gameplay' to be at all important in video games. "
    No, it's still an intense experience in gameplay. The shooting, you get used to with the huge recoil. The cover system is borked, I admit. But seeing bullet trails, moving your guys to either attack 1 dude or defend an area, then going to revive them without dying...still damn intense. It's pretty much what a Heat game should be. 
    CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By CornontheCobbe

It's a pretty good game. I'd play it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.