Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Karateka

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 07, 2012

A remake of Jordan Mechner's 1984 computer game of the same name, following one of three martial artists as they infiltrate a guarded castle fortress to rescue the princess.

Impressions of the Demo?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JasonR86

I never played the original Karateka and only really have the Bombcast as a reference for what the game was like. The game plays like I thought the game would play like based off of the Bombcast's description of the original game. I like the art style and gameplay itself was pretty fun. Up to a point. I really don't know how long I would want to play this game. It also looks really easy and like it would take me a half-hour to beat it and I would never play it again. $10 is a lot to ask for a game I would likely beat in a half hour and never play again.

What did the rest of you think?

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Aviar

Is this out for the PS3? I was looking on the store yesterday and didn't see it.

I've played the original on the C64 and it was one of the best games from that time. I can't wait to try the new one. The original was VERY unforgiving and rather difficult.

JoelHulsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By JoelHulsey

I bought this on the 360 and thought it was okay. If it wouldn't be for the music which sounds similar to the original Karateka, I might not know the two games were somehow related. But it was good all in all for $10.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.