I kinda feel like I can't play this anymore.

• 70 results
#51 Edited by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Swoxx said:

No, the theme is romance and dating.

Yes. I didn't say anything to the contrary.

Which is why I agreed with you.

Edit: @FluxWaveZ: What I meant with my reply was "No, you're right. genre doesn't equal theme" and then stated the theme

#52 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

@Swoxx said:

@MikkaQ said:

@Pezen said:

@MikkaQ: Wait. What? Really, you're going to quote part of a sentence out of context and prove me wrong? Jesus. Sure, that part sure does make it sound like I am saying it's not a dating sim. What was I thinking making such a complete error in a sentence stating something completely different.

You literally said you didn't get "dating sim" from this game, despite the fact that the game is a dating sim. It's like playing COD and saying "Well I didn't really get a modern military shooter vibe from this game".

If you're playing it for other reasons, fine, I'm not judging or anything, but it doesn't matter cause the game is what it is. No sense in debating genre.

The genre is Visual Novel if anything.

I would say the vast majority of dating sims are.

#53 Posted by Pezen (1561 posts) -

@MikkaQ: You infer meaning into things that are not even written. The words I used were "the things I got from this game had nothing to do with". I'm not saying the game is or isn't a dating sim. I'm saying what I came away with was not "Man, that was an awesome dating sim with disabled students practicing anal sex" and I find that description extremely limiting and unfair to what the game actually accomplish with very little. But to each their own, I am not forcing anyone to like the game nor do I, again, argue genres because that's completely irrelevant to me.

#54 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@Pezen said:

@MikkaQ: You infer meaning into things that are not even written. The words I used were "the things I got from this game had nothing to do with". I'm not saying the game is or isn't a dating sim. I'm saying what I came away with was not "Man, that was an awesome dating sim with disabled students practicing anal sex" and I find that description extremely limiting and unfair to what the game actually accomplish with very little. But to each their own, I am not forcing anyone to like the game nor do I, again, argue genres because that's completely irrelevant to me.

For real. It's not a game where you see the girls and think "hmm, who should I date". At least not in my experience with it. The romances were actually well done with build up.

#55 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

@Pezen said:

As I said, I don't really care why you play it or what you get out of it, but a dating sim is a dating sim, that's my only point.

#56 Posted by TooWalrus (13135 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

Why does everyone end up with Emi the first time through?

Because nobody has the balls to say no to the Nurse.

And I can understand how you feel about this. I think I pointed it out in my blog and my review. Still, I'd say dive into the other girls. All their routes are much better, and I don't really mean to insult poor Emi.

So uh, actually I ended up getting drunk with Kenji on the roof, yelling about the feminist conspiracy and... yeah, something's gone horribly wrong. This 'game' is weird as shit. I wouldn't have wanted it to end any other way.
#57 Posted by Marmalade (192 posts) -

@AndrewB said:

Agree with Lilly, but Rin is the most interesting/best written.

Oh God! That poor girl was born without a nose! Is that why she's in that disabled school?

#58 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

And I can understand how you feel about this. I think I pointed it out in my blog and my review. Still, I'd say dive into the other girls. All their routes are much better, and I don't really mean to insult poor Emi.

So uh, actually I ended up getting drunk with Kenji on the roof, yelling about the feminist conspiracy and... yeah, something's gone horribly wrong. This 'game' is weird as shit. I wouldn't have wanted it to end any other way.

that really is the best ending because it ends the game early

#59 Edited by Petiew (1328 posts) -
@Ravenlight said:

Where was everybody when this happened months ago? It's like if everyone suddenly got upset over ME3 again.

God damn it don't remind me.
All those painstaking hours, all my retries and the decisions I made throughout the epic sprawling storyline. The illusion of choice was ridiculous. The developers told me my actions would change the entire game. They all meant nothing. The scene was entirely the same with just a change in colour.
Blue, red or lemon?
I don't even want the anal anymore Emi! Fuck you 4 leaf studios, worst game ever!
#60 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Petiew said:

@Ravenlight said:

Where was everybody when this happened months ago? It's like if everyone suddenly got upset over ME3 again.

God damn it don't remind me. All those painstaking hours, all my retries and the decisions I made throughout the epic sprawling storyline. The illusion of choice was ridiculous. The developers told me my actions would change the entire game. They all meant nothing. The scene was entirely the same with just a change in colour. Blue, red or lemon? I don't even want the anal anymore Emi! Fuck you 4 leaf studios, worst game ever!

Well-played, sir!

#61 Posted by ToxicFruit (1717 posts) -

Here:

I am with you on Emi though, i stopped playing for awhile after her route and came back to it after like 4 months to finish the others.

#62 Posted by TooWalrus (13135 posts) -
@Animasta said:

@TooWalrus said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

that really is the best ending because it ends the game early

Yeah... I'm not sure if that's meant to be sarcastic, or if you genuinely didn't care for this 'game,' but if it's the latter, I think I'm with ya. I did go through and get a legitimate ending, but it didn't really leave much of an impression on me. Visual novels or dating sims have never been my thing, so this is something I tried out of curiosity (and because it was free). I don't think it's the format that bugged me, I just don't think it was very good. I never really felt much attachment to the characters- even the one I ended up with. I didn't really care for my not-so-silent protagonist either, he'd say stuff like "This is kinda intrusive, the feeling of being exposed crawls in my balls." The music didn't really add anything and I just found the second chapter especially to be really, really boring. Oh, I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed everything Kenji had to say about the feminist conspiracy, though. I guess I'm glad I 'played' it, though I don't really feel like going back for the other girls.
#63 Posted by Boboblaw (272 posts) -

Finally got round to playing this after seeing how popular this is on here. Played through Emis route first (by accident really) then eventually through Hanakos which is the one I wanted to do originally. I have to say I really enjoyed it and some moments hit really hard such as her birthday scene (the two images of her with the presents and hugging lilly are fucking adorable) and her breakdown.

Overall a good experience as my first (and probably last) visual novel. Had to take a day break after Hanakos route though. Since then I did Lillys which I think might be the best resolution considering you stop Lilly and stay together with her plus Hanako manages to make some more friends. Gonna do the last two routes today I think.

Anyway sorry for the long post just had to get that off my chest I think and this is the only somewhat active thread here.

#64 Posted by MrCaptain (364 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

You guys are fucking creepy, let me get this right it is a dating sim at a disability school that involves anal sex.

Okay, im buying this game.

#65 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@TooWalrus: nah nah I'm with ya. I love VN's myself (western ones specifically) and I just found it to be utterly boring. I still played through 4/5 of the girls, though that was more because I had nothing else to play at the time.

#66 Posted by TooWalrus (13135 posts) -
@Animasta: So like I said earlier, I'm not opposed to the idea of VN's, I've just never played them. If you were gonna recommend a couple of good ones to try out, what would you have in mind?
#67 Posted by falconpunch (177 posts) -

Thats exactly what happened to me, Emi and all.

#68 Posted by Turambar (6675 posts) -

I started Lily's route not long after going through Hanako's path. That was about...5 months ago, and I finally finished it up. It fell into the same place that Final Fantasy VI still sits, something that I enjoyed so much on an emotional level that I did not want to complete it. Very sappy? Sure, but that very much fall in line with my personal tastes.

Gonna keep carrying those feels.

Though for good measure, here's somethingfor those that enjoyed Kenji more than any other character.

#69 Posted by Mcfart (1548 posts) -

@turambar said:

I started Lily's route not long after going through Hanako's path. That was about...5 months ago, and I finally finished it up. It fell into the same place that Final Fantasy VI still sits, something that I enjoyed so much on an emotional level that I did not want to complete it. Very sappy? Sure, but that very much fall in line with my personal tastes.

Gonna keep carrying those feels.

Though for good measure, here's somethingfor those that enjoyed Kenji more than any other character.

That video was amazing.

Also, I liked Lilly's story, liked Rin's (though man lol I was expecting tsundre, but got antisocial disorder instead), and hated Emi's, because it was obvious what was going to happen. Plus, as Rin said "she just talks and talks".

#70 Posted by kagato (893 posts) -

Ive never actually tried one of these games out but after watching Seitokai no Ichizon on Crunchy Roll im interested in seeing what the whole things about. Don't even think ive played a visual novel before...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.