So got the ultra lame ending the first time... Argggghhhh

#1 Edited by Jack_Daniels (1416 posts) -

My previous thread got deleted due to the rather... excessive amount of swearing it had. Investing three and a half hours into a game just to end up with nothing sucks. I made a total of 5 choices that seemed to be so random and zero logic behind them its a total crap shoot. How is this a game if there aren't any logical choices to be made. How do you make the 'right' choice? What gives one choice more validity then another choice?

MODS: See no swearing! We can all play nice!

Just so you know, the ending was getting drunk and accidently falling off a roof. Pretty dumb.
#2 Posted by Animasta (14718 posts) -

funnily enough that's the best ending

#3 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4699 posts) -

The right choice depends on whose route you want.

#4 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1416 posts) -

@Animasta said:

funnily enough that's the best ending

Haha, well maybe I should consider myself lucky then and call it quits while I'm ahead!

#5 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1416 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan: I see it as trying to pick the right route by answering completely random questions. 'Do you like the number 4 or 16 better?' .... You answered 4... (30 minutes later) NOW YOU DIE!

#6 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4699 posts) -

@Jack_Daniels said:

@ImmortalSaiyan: I see it as trying to pick the right route by answering completely random questions. 'Do you like the number 4 or 16 better?' .... You answered 4... (30 minutes later) NOW YOU DIE!

I never found the question random at all. I had to go out of my way to get the Kenji ending. In the first chapter of the game most question gave you favor with one of two girls. Do you have any specific examples?

#7 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1416 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Jack_Daniels said:

I never found the question random at all. I had to go out of my way to get the Kenji ending. In the first chapter of the game most question gave you favor with one of two girls. Do you have any specific examples?

The ones I can remember.
Do you find burned chick cute- --> NO
Do you want to race legless chick --> Yes

DEATH!

How is choosing to race end up in suicide? I mean come on!!!
#8 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4699 posts) -

@Jack_Daniels: Considering Hanako cute gives you a minor plus in her favor. That one is kinda random admittedly because she would never know that conversation happened. So when you pushed to keep running with Emi it ended up giving you the bad ending? Interesting, that got me strait into her route, I never even tryed it.

Must be because of some choices you made beforehand. I have no idea without know those. Ask VideogameKing he probably knows the game inside and out.

#9 Posted by TobbRobb (4814 posts) -

You ran with her and still got that ending? Huh. I didn't even know you could do that.

I think the game handles the routes with kind of a point system, different choices give points to different girls, and I think if no one has enough of them you get that ending.

Try and focus your efforts on one of them, that should help.

#10 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Master of Romance.

#11 Posted by Rehtayne (127 posts) -

@Jack_Daniels:

If you pushed yourself during the exercise scene and ended up with a bad ending, that means you told Shizune to piss off. That in itself is probably a health hazard, so I assume Kenji was only doing you a favor in contributing to your early demise.

#12 Edited by AndrewB (7686 posts) -

If you want a spoilerific breakdown of how chapter 1 goes down..

It's basically broken up into 3 sections at first: Towards Shizune/Misha, towards Lilly/Hanako, and neutral. Whoever "wins" points-wise (1 point for each decision you make) is the one you branch off with for the next part. This is usually decided by the moment where Shizune and Lilly have their epic battle, and you can either defend Lilly or defend only yourself. At that moment, all "points" are reset.

If you continue to choose the negative/neutral paths from there, you'll probably run into Rin. Emi's path is always decided by "going for it" with your morning jog, though if you maximize your Shizune "points," you can still end up getting Shizune's route after your little episode, with a somewhat difficult scene to get and some minor changes in dialog in the rest of the path

The only way to get the Kenji ending is to go out of your way to avoid everyone. The "bad end" breking points are:

Lilly/Hanako: Where you meet Lilly and Rin in town, have a heart episode, and choose not to speak with Lilly about it.

Rin: Say that you don't know how you got saddled helping Rin at the first meeting with the art teacher.

Shizune/Misha: Either kick them out of your room - Shizune path. OR be sarcastic towards Misha when she asks you why you're late for class - Emi hybrid route (or at least, that's what I'm calling it).

Emi: If you made it to her route, you're fine! Ironically, choosing to give yourself another heart attack is the safest way to go!

If any of that info is wrong, it's because I'm trying to give it from memory.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.