Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ken Levine

Person » credited in 15 games

Ken Levine is the founder and creative director of Irrational Games, and has developed games such as Freedom Force, System Shock 2, and BioShock.

Ken Levine to now write 'Logan's Run' remake

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Gaming auteur Ken Levine started out as an aspiring screenwriter before moving on to Looking Glass Studios and eventually the immensely successful BioShock series. According to a Deadline report, he's now making another foray into film: He's apparently attached to a remake of 1976 cult classic Logan's Run. This remake has been in the works for years, with an earlier script penned by 28 Days Later and The Beach writer Alex Garland and others. But the project was officially put on hold in May, some months after prospective star Ryan Gosling dropped out.

Now, Levine is said to be writing a new script for Warner Bros., though he will continue to focus on video games. Of course, the project has long been in development hell, so there's no guarantee it will move forward this time.

The Verge: 'BioShock' creator Ken Levine to pen 'Logan's Run' movie remake, says Deadline

I loved me some Bioshock Infinite, so much. Its a shame that Bioshock movie never took off.. Alex Garland would of been a solid choice. Fucking Ryan Gosling would have been swell..

Still, I have never seen Logan's Run. So I'm sure looking forward to this. :)

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By reisz

Sweet, Ken deserves the chance to work on something like this. He's a good choice for Logan's Run, I wouldn't be surprised if someone approached him for it. Damn, this is good stuff, looking forward to hearing more.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Good for him. He deserves to be recognized outside of the industry for his talent.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By mellotronrules

overwhelming, is it not?

logun's run is wonderful insanity. MORE INSANITY, i say!

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By FourWude

Constants and variables.

There's always a man. There's always a dome. There's always immaculately coiffeured hair.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Given that this is movie news, I'm not holding my breath.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think Levine is a better idea man than pure writer. The overall ideas in all his games are the great thing. The actual writing, not so much. That said, Logan's Run seems like a good fit thematically for him.

Fingers crossed?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Good for him, but if he's writing the first draft of this Logan's Run remake whose to say what he writes will make it to the final. Scripts get rewritten and rewritten to hell sometimes to the point what was once Ken Levine may be an amalgamation of Ken Levine and 5-6 other writers.

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I wonder if it's gonna borrow shitty plot themes from the Matrix movies like Bioshock Infinite did.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I wonder if it's gonna borrow shitty plot themes from the Matrix movies like Bioshock Infinite did.

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by that. Could you elaborate? I never saw the third Matrix movie, so maybe there's something in that one that I missed.

As far as Levine and Logan's Run, that seems like a decent fit to me. Two people escaping from a seemingly Utopian society, and all.

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By maskedarcstrike

@scrawnto: Not being able to change your destiny/it's happened before and it will happen again trope that's commonly used in Sci-Fi that was also used in BSG. It was just done differently with the multiple universes angle.

edit: Bioshock had a near poetic ending with it's simplicity if you saved all the little sisters.

2nd edit: I should shut up since it looks like I'm trying to derail the thread >>

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.