The Entertainment (Virtual Play?)

#1 Posted by mrcool11 (469 posts) -

I've been a big fan of Kentucky Route Zero's first 2 acts, so I check into the Cardboard Computer website occasionally to see if Act 3 will drop anytime soon. Don't know when they put it up, but they now have "The Entertainment", which is a play carried out in what seems to be the engine they use for Kentucky Route Zero.

http://kentuckyroutezero.com/the-entertainment/

I won't say much more, but for being a mostly non-interactive play (I don't mind reading plays, but I hate most of the theater that I've attended in person), it really grabbed me. If you think that Kentucky Route Zero's particular brand of narrative is interesting you might find something to like here. Or you might find it super boring.

Also, there is totally Occulus Rift Support, which seems like it would be a cool way to enjoy something like this.

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Neato! Downloading now.

#3 Edited by audioBusting (1507 posts) -

Neat. I'm guessing this is still set within KR0 since I see a familiar name in the credits.

#4 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Nice. I like these little spin-off "games" that the Cardboard Computer guys have put out. Helps bridge the gaps between KRZ Acts.

#5 Edited by audioBusting (1507 posts) -

Okay... I just finished it, and what the fuck was that ending? Now I kinda want to read the printed script.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.