Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective resurrected

#1 Posted by kagato (886 posts) -

So i dont want to start advertising Kickstarter games like some kind of bad salesman, but i used to play The Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective games on my old Mega Cd when i was going through Highschool and the thought of it coming back (via Kickstarter) is pretty exciting. The game came out back when FMV games where considered the future and games like Night Trap and Sewer Shark where using real actors for the first time. The Consulting Detective games are actually based on an old board game and put you in the role of Sherlock and Watson as you try to solve a number of mysterious murders, think of it as a very early Phoenix Wright game!

Anyway, they plan to port an enhanced edition to PC, MAC and a bunch of different tablets all with remastered video and the actual asking price for the games is pretty reasonable if you like that kind of game. The link to the original series held on the Giantbomb wiki is here http://www.giantbomb.com/sherlock-holmes-consulting-detective/61-12998/

If you are interested in taking a look at the Kickstarter to judge if its worthy of your cash go to the link below:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1920171553/sherlock-holmes-consulting-detective-adventure-mys

#2 Posted by caska (113 posts) -

I never played the old games but this does look really cool!

#3 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Already pledged, nostalgia!

#4 Posted by benspyda (2015 posts) -

Does Sherlock Holmes die halfway through this one?

#5 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

so this takes place before SH 6?

#6 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

@benspyda said:

If he did, he resurrects afterwards. I remember the fmv being quite campy.

#7 Edited by Brackynews (4037 posts) -

@benspyda: That all depends on if they make their funding goal, and by how much. Muahaha.

McElroy would approve.

#8 Posted by PokeIkzai (385 posts) -

I hope they make it.

#9 Posted by Skald (4366 posts) -

Five people want the mint boardgames. God bless 'em.

#10 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4673 posts) -

@benspyda said:

Did that game ever come out? What what it called again? That part of the bombcast was super funny/

#11 Posted by LordAndrew (14417 posts) -

24 hours left. I don't think it's going to make its goal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.