Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kid Chameleon

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 28, 1992

A sprawling platformer for the the Genesis/Mega Drive notable for power-ups that change the player character's abilities and appearance.

Still playing after 16 years lol

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pazy

Im still playing this game after 16 years. I had a copy when I was a kid and never really got past..windy city? Think thats the name. I played it for years and im still playing it on my PSP (though thankfully with the save state ive gotten further) but ive still not completed it lol

Anyone else stupidly dedicated to this or should I switch over to something people can understand like WoW :p

swampwalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By swampwalk

You're not the only one!

Any discussion I have with people about classic video games inevitably leads down a spiral toward Kid Chameleon.  I find it's the best genesis game that no one played, which is unfortunate.

"Whirly Bird", "Hatchet Man", and "Vacuum Cleaner", were my favorite costumes, which I came up with my own little names for.

The game is ridiculously difficult at times, even on an emulator. This makes the moment when you hit that end of level flag and the subsequent music all the sweeter!

Kid Chameleon may not have been able to rival Sonic the Hedgehog at the time of Sonic's release, but almost 2 decades later, it definitely shows that it has more staying power.

Avatar image for harvey_the_pooka
    harvey_the_pooka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By harvey_the_pooka

This game is so ridiculously hard it´s not even funny... Good ole´ console game for ya

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kid Chameleon is an unsung classic on the Genesis/Mega Drive.

I was so happy when they included it on Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection 
    Between that, Comix Zone and the goddamn Death Egg at the end of Sonic 2, there are some doozy of challenges on that disc

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.