E3 2011: Kid Icarus Uprising Trailer

#1 Posted by phuzzybunny (173 posts) -

Nice!

#2 Posted by Tan (425 posts) -

Everything in this trailer came out of nowhere, and I LOVE it.

#3 Posted by GodsMistakeXx (134 posts) -

That voice :/

#4 Posted by Ursus_Veritas (383 posts) -
@godsmistakexx said:
That voice :/
Yeah, give him his voice from last year's trailer back. Pit just sounds... weird in this one.
#5 Posted by zoozilla (982 posts) -

I think my anticipation for this game may have gone slightly down after this trailer, unfortunately.  Yeah, the voice isn't the greatest.

#6 Posted by shakesvoltage (51 posts) -

I'm pretty sure this isn't a game I want to play.

#7 Posted by august (3861 posts) -

Japan.

#8 Posted by Mojokilla (37 posts) -

Looks awful... I refuse to play games that use the left-hand movement + right-hand stylus... It's just uncomfortable and not fun. Is it too much to ask to get a second analog stick in the 3DS lite??? =P 
 
Also, why is his name Pit and not Icarus? Seems odd...

#9 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

@Mojokilla said:

Looks awful... I refuse to play games that use the left-hand movement + right-hand stylus... It's just uncomfortable and not fun. Is it too much to ask to get a second analog stick in the 3DS lite??? =P Also, why is his name Pit and not Icarus? Seems odd...

His name has always been Pit. The original Japanese title of the first game didn't even have "Icarus" in it.

And despite being left-handed, I will train myself to use the stylus right-handed, if only for this game.

@august said:

Japan.

Is an island nation off the coast of mainland Asia. What's your point?

#10 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2393 posts) -

@Tan said:

Everything in this trailer came out of nowhere, and I LOVE it.
#11 Posted by Zeemod (303 posts) -

That's not something that you just say to Medusa...

#12 Posted by Eboria (62 posts) -

This looks like something I would totally buy if I had a 3ds, But the voices, especially Pit's sounded a bit off.

#13 Posted by MeatSim (10926 posts) -

Pit needs to hit puberty fast because of that voice.

#14 Edited by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Fuuuck, I'm way more torn between getting a Vita and a 3DS now.

#15 Posted by jlev880 (204 posts) -

the camera looks like it would be very awkward.

#16 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

Voice acting is laughably AWFUL.

#17 Posted by samsaturday (91 posts) -

I'm shocked that a Nintendo game has spoken dialogue! Although why am I not surprised that it's awful?

#18 Posted by partoftheproblem (44 posts) -

And as suddenly as it had reappeared, the Kid Icarus franchise died again...

#19 Posted by Eyz (451 posts) -

Awesome, so far! :D

#20 Posted by jpoon78 (9 posts) -

Wow, this looks...really bad. Not sure what people are so excited about a low-average looking action platformer. 
 
Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Online
#21 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

@jpoon78 said:

Wow, this looks...really bad. Not sure what people are so excited about a low-average looking action platformer. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

You don't really do much to quantify your statement in calling it below average.

I think it looks fun and interesting, myself.

#22 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

  
  
#23 Posted by streek471 (21 posts) -

Personally, I think it looks fun as hell, but yeah, Johnny Yong Bosch is a weird choice for Pit. And the left handed issue annoys me as well, but i'm sure i'll manage.

#24 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@samsaturday said:

I'm shocked that a Nintendo game has spoken dialogue! Although why am I not surprised that it's awful?

Probably because you played that shitty Team Ninja Metroid game.
#25 Posted by Jackel2072 (2278 posts) -

Yes more AR cards! SOLD

#26 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@GlenTennis said:

Where's the part where he flies too close to the sun?

#27 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -
#28 Posted by JCGamer (666 posts) -

I'm excited for this game. Looks real fun, but the early word is that the game controls terribly with the analogue stick/screen combo. Wonder if it will work with that second stick add on?

#29 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

@JCGamer said:

I'm excited for this game. Looks real fun, but the early word is that the game controls terribly with the analogue stick/screen combo. Wonder if it will work with that second stick add on?

The game isn't coming out until next year, as far as I understand, so it's possible. Nintendo keeps saying that they will include a solution for left-handed gamers.

And as for the AR cards, I picked up a three-pack of them at PAX. I'll need to wait until the game comes out to use them, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.