Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 22, 2012

Pit is brought back to life, now in 3D. Using clubs, staffs, arms, bows and a variety of other weapons, the loyal angel fights a host of old and new enemies in an all-new adventure.

Kid Icarus: Uprising multiplayer info (It's good)

Hitzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Hitzel

I was lucky enough to get into E3 this year. It was an awesome trip and I got to see cool stuff and meet interesting people.  My favorite game was Kid Icarus: Uprising.  The multiplayer was amazing, but there doesn't seem to be any public info about it.  So, I decided to let people know.

"Kid Icarus is a 3v3 third person shooter that is best described as a fast-paced mix between Gears of War and Smash Bros. You can dash and sprint quickly, and use Smash Bros-style specials during dashes. There are many fighting game mechanics, and a team can work together to pull off some very flashy and damaging team combos."

"We've been telling people that Kid Icarus is a mix between a shooter and a fighter, and that's because it is. Special projectiles move slower than you're probably used to, but when they connect they send characters flying into a stun animation. During that animation, you and your teammates can land more attacks to combo, just like a fighting game! We don't think it's possible to extend the animation past a certain point, because we couldn't do any infinite combos despite our best efforts."

The full article, complete with my E3 story and a silly amount of details on the game, is available here:

http://forums.majorleaguegaming.com/topic/231799-kid-icarus-uprising/page__pid__6903704

bishna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By bishna

how was the framerate cause the videos ive seen of it looked choppy, otherwise it sounds cool. By the time i end up getting a 3ds tho hopefully it will be in the bargain bin so i can pick it up.

Hitzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hitzel

It should be coming out for the holidays.

The framerate was great, much better than the trailers.  Must have been at least 30 FPS.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By buft

i read this earlier on the gamespot forums

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.