Kid Icarus: Uprising What cards did you get?

#1 Posted by DecoderOtter (6 posts) -

I just wanted to start a thread to compare and contrast which AR cards you received with the game.

Here are the ones I got:

NameTypeNumber
PitPalutena's Army001
PalutenaPalutena's Army002
Twinbellows The FerociousUnderworld Army006
MagnusUnaffiliated007
Violet PalmWeapon128
MikUnderworld Army199
#2 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

The six cards I got were:

NameTypeNumber
PitPalutena's Army001
Medusa, Queen of the UnderworldUnderworld Army005
Dark Lord GaolUnderworld Army008
Crusher ArmWeapon176
StackjawUnderworld Army220

In addition to the above, I also received three promotional AR cards for the game at PAX Prime 2011 last year. They are alternate versions of Pit, Palutena, and Medusa, are not numbered, and the card backs indicate that they were printed specifically for the show.

#3 Posted by RE_Player1 (7574 posts) -

I mixed up the cards I got from my Best Buy pre order and I forgot which came with the core game...

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I don't own the game or a 3DS, but I am getting three Club Nintendo cards in the mail. I'm not sure why.

#5 Posted by JJOR64 (19052 posts) -

I'll try to type this out on the Giant Bomb mobile site. Got Pit (001), Palutena (002), Medusa (005), Twinbellows (006), EZ Cannon (152), and Stackjaw (220). Those are the ones that came with my game. Also got Power of Flight (004) from my GameInformer. Thosebare the only cards I havev so far.

#6 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4848 posts) -

Pit, Magnus, First Blade, Violet Palm, Ore Club, Mik.

Not that the AR thing in game even works.

#7 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

@GunslingerPanda said:

That's funny. The cards work fine for me.

#8 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4848 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

Hmm, neither me or my cousin can get them to work and I've read some other reports of people being unable to get it to work. What kind of lighting are you in when using it? The AR cards that come with the console have always worked fine, these ones just seem to refuse to do anything.

#9 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

@GunslingerPanda said:

@Hailinel said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

Hmm, neither me or my cousin can get them to work and I've read some other reports of people being unable to get it to work. What kind of lighting are you in when using it? The AR cards that come with the console have always worked fine, these ones just seem to refuse to do anything.

Just normal home lighting. I didn't do anything special. My floor is hardwood, so I just laid them flat and they got to show up. I'm not sure if there's a prime distance or angle or what.

#10 Posted by Distrato (66 posts) -

I got Pit, Palutena, Mik, Ore Club, Magnus, and Three-Head Hewdraw.

#11 Posted by KyleZachary (19 posts) -

Pit, Magnus, Ore Club, Monoeye, Three-Headed Hewdraw and First blade

yeah they don't seem to work at all, no matter the distance or lighting - Weird

#12 Edited by ViciousReiven (821 posts) -

Pit, Palutena, Medusa, Three-Headed Hewdraw, Crusher Arm, and Mik.

I also can't get them to recognize. :(

#13 Posted by GolazoDan (114 posts) -

They worked fine for me. I did them around midday in the lounge so, y'know, lighting was okay. Did them about an hour ago in a darker room and no such luck so I dunno how temperamental they are.

Got Magnus, Pit, Monoeye, First Blade, Dark Pit and Ore Club.

#14 Posted by A_Cute_Squirtle (713 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

I don't own the game or a 3DS, but I am getting three Club Nintendo cards in the mail. I'm not sure why.

Same here, haha.

#15 Posted by ViciousReiven (821 posts) -

@A_Cute_Squirtle said:

@Video_Game_King said:

Same here, haha.

Either of you willing to give them up? I missed out on that offer and am in a collecting sort of mood.

#16 Posted by Scullinator (514 posts) -

I tried scaning some cards i found in google immages. It worked for some, just not a lot avaliable yet. There is also an app on android that has only three now but im sure more will follow.

#17 Posted by Colt (110 posts) -

I got:

NameClassNumber
PitPalutena's Army001
Lady PalutenaPalutena's Army002
MagnusUnaffiliated007
Fortune BowWeapon116
MikUnderworld Army199

@GunslingerPanda: I had problems with the lights in my house at first, then I went outside and used sunlight and they worked no problem. After that they work with just about any lights. Its almost like they had to be activated...

#18 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

@Hailinel said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

Just normal home lighting. I didn't do anything special. My floor is hardwood, so I just laid them flat and they got to show up. I'm not sure if there's a prime distance or angle or what.

I had to use a flashlight to get it to work.

#19 Posted by rempresent (105 posts) -

I didn't have any trouble scanning these in. I had another card that was in GameInformer but I misplaced it.

Card NameCard TypeNumber
PitPalutena's Army001
Three-Headed MawUnderworld Army010
Dark PitUnaffiliated016
Insight StaffWeapon092
StackjawUnderworld Army220

That's all I got.

#20 Posted by fazzle (309 posts) -

I got: Pit, Palutena, First Blade, Dark Pit, Twinbellows the Ferocious and Monoeye.

#21 Posted by Nameless2000 (71 posts) -

I got Pit, Palutena, Magnus, Three-Headed Hewdraw, Crusher Arm, and Monoeye with the game.

With the latest Nintendo Power I got Poseidon, Medusa (Battle), and God of Death, Thanatos.

#22 Posted by Kanden (132 posts) -

I got Pit, Palutena, Power of Flight, Medusa Queen of the Underworld, Dark Lord Gaol, Great Reaper, Ore Club, Drill Arm, Monoeye, and Palutena (Rare)

#23 Posted by Neezie (129 posts) -

Pit, Palutena, Magnus, Dark Lord Gaol, EZ Cannon, Mik

#24 Edited by hakunin (397 posts) -

Pit, Magnus, First Blade, Mik, Orc Club and Violet Palm.

Also how can you guys tell the "Class" of the card, it doesn't say anything about that on the cards I got?

#25 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

@hakunin said:

Pit, Magnus, First Blade, Mik, Orc Club and Violet Palm.

Also how can you guys tell the "Class" of the card, it doesn't say anything about that on the cards I got?

The card's class should be listed above its name.

#26 Posted by Chalphy (35 posts) -

Pit, Palutena, Medusa, Three Headed Hewdraw, Stackjaw, Standard Orbitars, Power of Flight, Great Reaper, Drill Arm, Palutena (Rare).

I was hoping for Magnus, but the Hewdraw is perhaps the best looking model I have.

#27 Posted by Twinsun (489 posts) -

I got 24 extra cards as a bonus by the guy at gamestop, I guess it was a preorder thing and they just had them lying around.

#28 Posted by rempresent (105 posts) -

@Twinsun: That is rad. I am going to be picking up Xenoblade tomorrow and I'll see if they have any spares that they want to throw my way. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

#29 Edited by Knetic2341 (243 posts) -
Card NameTypeNumber
PitPalutena's Army001
Dark PitUnaffiliated016
Three-Headed HewdrawUnderworld Army010
Fortune BowWeapon116
MonoeyeUnderworld Army188

I don't know why I have the urge to collect as my cards as I can. Jumped on the Club Nintendo ones, remembered the one in Game Informer, and to my surprise the @Gamer magazine had 3 cards in it.

Card NameTypeNumber
Pit (Rally Cry)Palutena's Army403
Goddess of Calamity, PandoraUnderworld Army014
Samurai BladeWeapon086

If you're interested in the @Gamer cards, they are above. (I'm assuming they're the same)

#30 Posted by Zephyria (59 posts) -
Card NameTypeNumber
PitPalutena's Army001
PalutenaHer Own Army002
Power of FlightPalutena's Army004
Dark PitUnaffiliated016
EZ CannonWeapon152
MikUnderworld Army199

Power of Flight actually came from my friend's Game Informer magazine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.