Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kid Icarus

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 19, 1986

Kid Icarus is a 2D platformer released on the Nintendo Entertainment System, famed for its blending together of elements from The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros. and Metroid.

3D Classics: Kid Icarus Trailer

awadnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By awadnin

You can also get this game for free in North America if you preorder Kid Icarus: Uprising from  Amazon, GameStop and Best Buy.
    Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Scarlet_Rogue

So the only way to get this now is to buy a code at gamestop? I can't find it anywhere else and the offical Kid Icarus page on nintendo only links to gamestop under "where to buy"

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

@Scarlet_Rogue said:

So the only way to get this now is to buy a code at gamestop? I can't find it anywhere else and the offical Kid Icarus page on nintendo only links to gamestop under "where to buy"

No, the game is for sale through the eShop. Preorders just allowed people to get the game for free.

Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Scarlet_Rogue

@Hailinel: I just searched for it in the eShop, still not popping up. At least not here in the US.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hailinel

@Scarlet_Rogue said:

@Hailinel: I just searched for it in the eShop, still not popping up. At least not here in the US.

I guess I might be mistaken, then. I wouldn't doubt that it will be available to everyone at some point, though.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By jacksukeru

Gawddamnit!

I totally missed that this was a thing and spent 7 hours playing through the original on Virtual Console yesterday (I've never gotten very far into it before).

Then again I can't find it in the store either, wonder what's up with that?

The game definetly looks a bit better now with it having backgrounds and all, I'm even tempted to pick it up, should I be able to, it was kinda fun.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By toowalrus

I'll buy this when it comes out here. I just bought a 3DS, and so far, it's amazing. I'm probably going to write something about it later, but I wish Nintendo would step up their game with these "3D classics", because they're hella cool, but there's only like 3 worth playing.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hailinel

@RockmanBionics said:

Gawddamnit!

I totally missed that this was a thing and spent 7 hours playing through the original on Virtual Console yesterday (I've never gotten very far into it before).

Then again I can't find it in the store either, wonder what's up with that?

The game definetly looks a bit better now with it having backgrounds and all, I'm even tempted to pick it up, should I be able to, it was kinda fun.

I was able to download it with the code I got from my Uprising preorder. Even in 3D updated form, this game is balls-hard.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#9  Edited By jacksukeru

@Scarlet_Rogue: I just looked it up on Nintendo.com here, it seems like the only way to get it is to buy a code from a Gamestop store or on Gamestop.com here.

It says that it will only download to US adresses. While I have a US 3DS I'm not confident that'll make it work since I haven't been able to use Nintendo Video Channel here.

Checked Nintendo.eu and it has no mention of a Gamestop thingy so maybe it's on the E-shop there.

@Hailinel: I played it as a kid briefly and never got past the first level, then later got it on VC and didn't do much better but got to the first "dungeon" before calling it quits. Once I got interested in playing the new one I got an impulse to try my hand at it again yesterday. The first few levels are brutal with you having low health and the level scrolling upward so it's easy to fall to your death, after that it gets a bit easier, especially on the sidescrolling levels. It also helped to do a bit of research, I found this page and this page that helped me, among other things, get the best items out of the pot minigame every time. It should still work unless they've changed the rules.

Things are hella expensive in the beginning of the game, turns out that's because once you finish it you can New Game+ it and keep all you stuff, I almost played through the entire thing again. It turned out to have this strange oldschool appeal to me, yet I don't know if I could recommend it to anyone who wasn't crazy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.