How Difficult is Kid Icarus?

#1 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

Well? Comparing it to other NES titles (Ninja Gaiden, Zanac) 
How difficult is the game? Might I be able to beat it? 

I'm thinking of getting it on the VC.

#2 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11726 posts) -

It's definitely got that level of unfair difficulty. You only have one life, your weapon sucks, the jumping is floaty to the point that you will die a lot because of it and the levels are designed in such a way as to be infuriating. But of course if that's what you're looking for than go for it. You will only be $5 poorer.

#3 Posted by Mmmslash (2168 posts) -

Well, imagine like...  being sodomized by an antique hunting rifle. And then they fire the antique hunting rifle, so now you've been shot (through the ass, mind you) with a lead ball, and there's gunpowder coating the inside of your rectum, and you've probably got some kind of bowel movement byproduct mixed in with your wounds, so now you've got a systemic infection, and you're almost assuredly going to die.

It's a little more hard and unfair than that.

#4 Posted by JJOR64 (18989 posts) -

Easily one of the hardest games on NES.  It's one tough cookie.  Compared to Ninja Gaiden, maybe around the same difficulty or a little harder.

#5 Posted by captain_clayman (3321 posts) -

it's about on the same level as ninja gaiden, maybe not THAT hard 

if you gave it a long time you could probably beat it.  but it won't be easy 
oh and be prepared to write down really long passwords.

#6 Posted by Hailinel (24734 posts) -

The difficulty is absolutely ridiculous.  There is a password feature, thankfully, but that's about the only mercy that the game grants.

#7 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
@Mmmslash:  
I hope that's not from experience... 

@JJOR64:  
Well I've been stuck on the 5th level for years on Ninja Gaiden... 

Thank you all for replying.
#8 Posted by insouciant (710 posts) -

Beware of the Eggplant Wizards.
#9 Posted by JJOR64 (18989 posts) -
@Emilio:   I've been stuck on the 2nd level for Kid Icarus for years.       :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.