Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killer Instinct

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 22, 2013

The fighting game series that defined high-risk, high-reward combos returns as a free-to-play launch title for the Xbox One, later receiving constant updates with new characters and game modes. It can also be played on Windows 10 systems with cross-platform multiplayer.

Is the Killer Instinct Ultra Pack worth it?

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigsocrates

I'm trying to decide between the $20 version of the new KI and the $40 version. I know the $40 comes with a port of the old KI 1 (two versions, but not KI 2) and some accessories and such for the characters, but how much content is it exactly? The old KI 1 port sounds like it'd be worth about $10 at most (and really less since it isn't HDified and no online multiplayer was added) so what fills in the rest of the value? Is it a ton of awesome costumes? One per character? I'm familiar with the old game and have some fond memories but it's not like I ever owned it or played a ton. Is the $40 version at all worth it or should I just stick to the season pass?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Friend's don't let friends pay money for the first Killer Instinct game.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I looked it up on the Wiki and all I found was:

- Original Killer Instinct game

- 8 first characters (6 from launch and 2 which will be available after)

- Costumes for each character

- Accessories for each character (1 set per character)

Upon further looking, even after you buy the ultra edition you have to unlock the new skins in game, so I guess buying the Ultra Edition unlocks the ability for you to unlock skins for all of the characters, an example being to win 50 online matches in order to get the golden retriever skin for Sabrewolf. Since each character will cost 5 bucks individually, you'll have to ask yourself if getting 7 additional characters, the ability to unlock their skins, and accessories for each is worth 40 bucks. In my opinion it's not worth it, but then again, I hate fighting games. Oh, and of course they throw in the original KI game, which I remember playing on the SNES with my brothers all off the time, haha.

It's your call.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By handlas

I like the way they have it set up. That being because I would never buy the entire pack.

So is the Ultra pack worth it? For me, no. I tend to only play 1-2 characters in figthing games and never touch the rest of the characters. I already know Saberwulf was my favorite back in the day so I plucked down 5 bucks for him and that's it. If you buy the pack are you really going to be playing with all the characters?

I wish all fighting game were like this.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

That's really up to you though. If the pricing scheme is consistent, you can probably just pay $30 in total if you just pay for the $20 version and then have to buy the two additional characters individually when they come out.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower said:

That's really up to you though. If the pricing scheme is consistent, you can probably just pay $30 in total if you just pay for the $20 version and then have to buy the two additional characters individually when they come out.

I believe the $20 pack includes those two characters.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@gaspower said:

I believe the $20 pack includes those two characters.

Ah, the $20 pack sounds good to me then!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.