The New Killer Instinct Looks Dope

• 149 results
#1 Edited by bigjeffrey (4817 posts) -

Have been keeping a close eye on the development of this game since it's reveal, and man Double Helix has seriously cleaned up and gotten their shit toghether.

Definetly cannot wait to see on them particle effects on my screen nov22.

• A Soundtrack Has been revealed, HOLY SHIT. My ears will be pleased.

Orchid has been revealed. DAT SoundTrack

Preview of Jago Theme / Character Select Theme

#2 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

It looks nice, but the developer behind it are pretty ass and have no experience with this type of game. (but at least Rare are assisting, although they hardly have a strong track record either)

#3 Posted by mrfluke (5103 posts) -

rare is codeveloping the game my friend.

double helix is the developer leading the game,

a damm shame its exclusive to X1 though,

#4 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6987 posts) -

60 FPS =/= Good Game

#5 Posted by Tireyo (6409 posts) -

Oh snap! Wow that looks great. I remember playing Killer Instinct on the N64, but this looks much more incredible!

#6 Edited by falserelic (5334 posts) -

Ultraaaaa!!!!!

Fuck now I got to play that epic theme song now...

#7 Posted by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -
#8 Posted by Video_Game_King (36110 posts) -
#9 Posted by believer258 (11683 posts) -

So now you know why PC people are like "You guys! It's way better over here!" Also, I haven't heard much good about this developer nor this game. "Pretty" and "runs well" don't sell a game to me.

#10 Edited by ez123 (1946 posts) -

@metalgearsunny said:

60 FPS =/= Good Game

It helps. Who said it does, anyways? What are you responding to?

It looks good enough to buy at some point(nice gif!) but I'm in no hurry given the genre. For me, it would help if they lean into unique/gimmicky stuff in this game. The ultra combo music is cool. One or two xbox guest characters maybe?

#11 Edited by Clonedzero (4096 posts) -

"mah! I'll be hostile and argumentative for no reason cus he likes something i dont care about!"

#12 Posted by bigjeffrey (4817 posts) -

So now you know why PC people are like "You guys! It's way better over here!" Also, I haven't heard much good about this developer nor this game. "Pretty" and "runs well" don't sell a game to me.

Brother, Brother, I have seen the promise land, i have seen the glorious frames of the personal computer.(Read in Comstock Voice)

Developers seems to have their shit together in terms of telling people "Hey we are not making Indiana Jones games anymore, we are actually serious about this game" (VID Above)

#13 Edited by DeathbyYeti (742 posts) -

Silent Hill Homecoming

#14 Posted by Taku128 (795 posts) -

I wish they'd put as much effort into the animation as they did the framerate. That's even "jerkier" than Mortal Kombat.

#15 Edited by falserelic (5334 posts) -

Silent Hill Homecoming

I was surprise when I found out they was making the new Killer Instinct, but hey lets give em a second chance.

#16 Edited by Hailinel (23978 posts) -

@deathbyyeti said:

Silent Hill Homecoming

I was surprise when I found out they was making the new Killer Instinct, but hey lets give em a second chance.

Front Mission Evolved.

#17 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3805 posts) -

That sure is pretty. Hope they nail it I'd love to get way into another KI.

#18 Posted by Korwin (2833 posts) -

It's a fighting game, 60fps in that genre is a standard expectation.

#19 Posted by falserelic (5334 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@falserelic said:

@deathbyyeti said:

Silent Hill Homecoming

Front Mission Evolved.

Wow, I didn't know they made that game too. I remember hating that game so much, it was so awful and boring.

#20 Posted by TruthTellah (8578 posts) -

Extreme.

#21 Posted by Hailinel (23978 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@falserelic said:

@deathbyyeti said:

Silent Hill Homecoming

Front Mission Evolved.

Wow, I didn't know they made that game too. I remember hating that game so much, it was so awful and boring.

This is what you can expect from Double Helix. Their development history is predominantly licensed movie titles like Green Lantern and Battleship and misguided entries in franchises like Silent Hill and Front Mission. Anyone looking forward to Killer Instinct should do so with a healthy dose of skepticism regardless of the frames per second.

#22 Edited by falserelic (5334 posts) -

@truthtellah said:

Extreme.

It made me think of the last footage of this trailer with extra gameplay..that theme song.

#23 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

The only game that would make me want an Xbox One at launch.

60 FPS isn't anything special at all for a fighting game, though. It's expected.

#24 Posted by CreepyUncleBrad (166 posts) -

Too bad the way they are monetizing the game sounds like a perfect way to ruin it.

#25 Edited by ThunderSlash (1574 posts) -

Wow didn't know that Double Helix is involved in this. I found Homecoming... alright. I enjoyed it more than SH4 The Room and Downpour at least. I recall the character models looking weird though.

#26 Edited by Itwastuesday (939 posts) -

everything about KI is super lame

#27 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1803 posts) -

Too bad the way they are monetizing the game sounds like a perfect way to ruin it.

Theres a full version with everything that's going to be the regular version of it.

#28 Edited by ez123 (1946 posts) -

@creepyunclebrad said:

They have said that there will be a full version, which I think fixes the problems with F2P pricing, unless there's something I'm missing.

That second video is really good. Being aware that you've made bad games doesn't help one way or the other but they're definitely not hiding from it.

#29 Posted by TruthTellah (8578 posts) -

@truthtellah said:

Extreme.

It made me think of the last footage of this trailer with gameplay..that theme song.

Ultraaaaa Cooomboooo!!

Reminds me a bit of those old extreme ads from the 90s.

#30 Posted by Hailinel (23978 posts) -

@truthtellah: That Crossfire ad is awesome. Too bad the actual game was pretty much junk. Those guns would choke on the ball bearings with hilarious ease.

#31 Edited by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

@mrfluke said:

Considering how much Rare has changed since the last KI game came out, I'd need to hear the names of specific devs from before the change to think this meant anything.

#32 Edited by Klei (1768 posts) -

Maybe i'm blind or something, but this doesn't seem good at all. Especially since its made by Double Helix.

#33 Posted by falserelic (5334 posts) -

Thinking about It I don't even know why I'm getting excited for Killer Instinct. It completely went over my head, that this is a skynet AKA xbox one exclusive. What the fuck is wrong with me I've lost it for no reason.

#34 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1803 posts) -

Thinking about It I don't even know why I'm getting excited for Killer Instinct. It completely went over my head, that this is a skynet AKA xbox one exclusive. What the fuck is wrong with me I've lost it for no reason.

I don't know if you're being serious or not but sky-net doesn't make sense.

#35 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2315 posts) -

@mrfluke said:

Considering how much Rare has changed since the last KI game came out, I'd need to hear the names of specific devs from before the change to think this meant anything.

Ken Lobb is supervising it. That's pretty much it.

#36 Posted by TruthTellah (8578 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@truthtellah: That Crossfire ad is awesome. Too bad the actual game was pretty much junk. Those guns would choke on the ball bearings with hilarious ease.

That ad is seared into my brain. Though, yeah, the game itself was not good. ha. But that ad!

#37 Posted by falserelic (5334 posts) -

@falserelic said:

With that kinect system that's listening and watching people it kinda doe's, besides don't pay me no mind I'm a complete idiot..

#38 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1803 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid said:

@falserelic said:

With that kinect system that's listening and watching people it kinda doe's, besides don't pay me no mind I'm a complete idiot..

I literally cant tell if youre being serious or not.

#39 Posted by falserelic (5334 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@falserelic said:

I'm just trolling man...

#40 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2315 posts) -

I don't think it will be the most polished or feature heavy fighting game out there but damn it looks like a lot of fun, which is how KI is supposed to be imo.

#41 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1803 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid said:

@falserelic said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@falserelic said:

I'm just trolling man...

Just tell me one thing those PS4 is our lord and savior were troll posts also right?

#42 Posted by Hailinel (23978 posts) -

I don't think it will be the most polished or feature heavy fighting game out there but damn it looks like a lot of fun, which is how KI is supposed to be imo.

Were they actually fun, though? I remember enjoying Killer Instinct back in the day, but I think that might have had more to do with the then-impressive graphics and a general lack of awareness regarding fighting games. I played Killer Instinct 2 and that game was abysmal.

#43 Posted by Milkman (16542 posts) -

Yeah, this game will probably be dumb as shit but Double Helix did give us this great Ryan Quick Look.

#44 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4167 posts) -

Oh shit, son!!!! This looks so fucking dope!!!

Jeff is in the video at like the 10:15 mark.

#45 Edited by TruthTellah (8578 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@falserelic said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@falserelic said:

I'm just trolling man...

You're admitting to just trying to troll people?

This is a good day...

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1337/22/1337224702851.gif

#46 Posted by Slag (4085 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@turtlebird95 said:

Were they actually fun, though? I remember enjoying Killer Instinct back in the day, but I think that might have had more to do with the then-impressive graphics and a general lack of awareness regarding fighting games. I played Killer Instinct 2 and that game was abysmal.

jumping in here, my memory of KI was that it was the combo/combo breaker system that either made you love it or hate it (that and the 2-stage lifebar). And at the time that was new and novel. But then MK 3 came out and did combos well enough and no one cared about KI anymore since that was the only real selling point to the series.

can't say this series was near the top of my list of ones I'd like to see revived.

#47 Posted by falserelic (5334 posts) -

@falserelic said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@falserelic said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@falserelic said:

I'm just trolling man...

Just tell me one thing those PS4 is our lord and savior were troll posts also right?

hmmm good question..

Well what can I say about that Sony gif. Well after the whole bombshell with Microsoft's ridicules policy. It just left me with a bitter-sweet taste about the company. Sony on the other hand seems more trust worthy. Its a better system overall, doesn't have crazy restrictions, and it has more games. To answer your question was I trolling on sony? no, hell no.

I'm sure were not going to see eye to eye, but its ok well have different opinions.

#48 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1803 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid said:

@falserelic said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@falserelic said:

@connerthekewlkid said:

@falserelic said:

I'm just trolling man...

hmmm good question..

Well what can I say about that Sony gif. Well after the whole bombshell with Microsoft's ridicules policy. It just left me with a bitter-sweet taste about the company. Sony on the other hand seems more trust worthy. Its a better system overall, doesn't have crazy restrictions, and it has more games. To answer your question was I trolling on sony? no, hell no.

I'm sure were not going to see eye to eye, but its ok well have different opinions.

Well ill leave it at saying im severely disappointed

#49 Posted by falserelic (5334 posts) -
#50 Posted by AiurFlux (901 posts) -

I'm still incredibly skeptical about this game. It's from Double Helix. They literally have never made a great or even good game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.