Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killer is Dead

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 01, 2013

Directed by Hideyuki Shin and written by Suda51, Killer is Dead is a third-person action game following fictional assassin, Mondo Zappa.

Killer Is Dead is out now

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Humanity
    No Caption Provided

The game is out now!

And quite honestly I have barely heard anything about it. I also haven't seen any reviews apart from this website GearNuke that I've never heard of before but is using the ever so popular Web 3.0 layout making it quite indistinguishable from any other gaming website out there.

I have never played No More Heroes 1 or 2 because I didn't own a Wii, but stylistically really liked everything that I saw about the game - from character design, to dialog, humor etc. From what I gather the combat was pretty repetitive and the gameplay aspect overall was so-so but the trappings were really interesting. So I was kind of excited to be able to finally jump into that crazy Suda 51 world with Killer is Dead on the 360 with what I heard was a refined combat system and even more craziness.

Has anyone else been keeping track of this game, apart from the gigolo glasses that let you see through womens clothing, I haven't heard much about it leading up to the apparent release date tomorrow. Unless it got pushed back?

Posted day before release
    No Caption Provided

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As a Suda game it'll be flawed for sure, but I'm sure it will be pretty cool too. It's been rather quiet though, not a lot of fanfare for this game.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I too know almost nothing about this game, and am cautiously optimistic about it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Humanity

@vikingdeath1 said:

I too know almost nothing about this game, and am cautiously optimistic about it.

Well from that travesty of a review on Gearnuke I garnered that it seems like a typical Suda51 game with a ton of style over substance. You get jobs to go take out monsters. The review states that your attack is a single button and there are a few combos available in addition to a time slow-down mechanic for dodging akin to Bayonetta, but overall it is a pretty basic affair. Interestingly enough they state that there is no jumping, which seems typical for a Suda51 game but at the same time kind of a bummer since I can only assume that if you can't jump there also isn't any sort of platforming and each level will boil down to simply hacking and slashing your way to the finish line.

Gigolo missions are there and people will surely find ways to dedicate whole book length threads to comparing and contrasting the increasingly popular feminism/mysoginy angle with a minigame involving looking at womens breasts to get your heart rate up.

Overall I'll probably get it tomorrow if I can find it. I'm pretty sure this is a game better acquired after a heavy price drop, but nothing else is out and we're still a few weeks away from GTA5. That sounds like drug addict mentality but honestly I can stop whenever I want to!

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No more hero's paradise is available on ps3, if you wanted to play it.

Anyway I like Suda 51 games there always interesting. Just recently I've replayed Shadows of the Damned.

Loading Video...

Suda 51 always seem to make some of the weirdest games, but I like it. Can't wait to try out Killer is Dead once I get the cash.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@humanity said:

@vikingdeath1 said:

Well from that travesty of a review on Gearnuke I garnered that it seems like a typical Suda51 game with a ton of style over substance. You get jobs to go take out monsters. The review states that your attack is a single button and there are a few combos available in addition to a time slow-down mechanic for dodging akin to Bayonetta, but overall it is a pretty basic affair. Interestingly enough they state that there is no jumping, which seems typical for a Suda51 game but at the same time kind of a bummer since I can only assume that if you can't jump there also isn't any sort of platforming and each level will boil down to simply hacking and slashing your way to the finish line.

Gigolo missions are there and people will surely find ways to dedicate whole book length threads to comparing and contrasting the increasingly popular feminism/mysoginy angle with a minigame involving looking at womens breasts to get your heart rate up.

Overall I'll probably get it tomorrow if I can find it. I'm pretty sure this is a game better acquired after a heavy price drop, but nothing else is out and we're still a few weeks away from GTA5. That sounds like drug addict mentality but honestly I can stop whenever I want to!

With the way things have played out over the past year, I think that's a safe bet to make. I can't remember what it was that drew me to this game initially, but as long as it's crazy, plays well, and wraps up into a nice little package, who am I to complain? I'm gonna go into it with the same mindset that I had while playing Anarchy Reigns (which was worth it for the soundtrack/online play alone).

I wish you the best, homie.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By musubi

Also FYI game isn't street dated so it SHIPS to most retailers tomorrow. So depending your stores might not get them in right away. I know my Amazon order isn't showing up until Thursday which sucks but I also have more Saints to play until then. =)

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also FYI game isn't street dated so it SHIPS to most retailers tomorrow. So depending your stores might not get them in right away. I know my Amazon order isn't showing up until Thursday which sucks but I also have more Saints to play until then. =)

Yah I still have a good deal of Saints Row 4 and that game does an amazing job of just vacuuming up all your free time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.