So has anyone tried the soft-boiled egg recipe?

#1 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

Unless you were too quick to throw away your DLC flier included with the game, you might have noticed that the back of the flier actually contains a recipe for perfect soft-boiled eggs. Have any of you tried this recipe yet? If so, what was the outcome?

#2 Posted by ZombiePie (5755 posts) -

I haven't played this game...probably never will, but I eat a lot of eggs. So I'm guessing this is what you are talking about:

This recipe isn't special, five minutes is the accepted cooking time for soft boiled eggs. That said I prefer my soft boiled eggs a little thicker so I cook them for six minutes. The temperatures are unnecessary as that's generally what your stove will be at when you set it at "low."

#3 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1092 posts) -

Yeah the instructions is a bit more on the thinner side. Other than that it's nothing special.

#4 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

I know it's just a soft-boiled egg recipe, guys. Just asking if anyone tried it by the directions. :P

#5 Posted by audioBusting (1649 posts) -

I'm not a fan of that type of soft-boiled egg recipe, because it's hard to keep it consistent. I saw this recipe on TV and it's my favorite.

#6 Posted by DystopiaX (5361 posts) -

Between this and MGS4, I'm never gonna fuck up my eggs again!

Now we just need another game to give us directions for scrambled eggs.

#7 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3817 posts) -

I have. Its a real, killer! Hohoho.

#8 Posted by StarvingGamer (8558 posts) -

I think soft boiled eggs are gross.

I can say, without hesitation, that if I were to try this recipe, the results would be gross.

#9 Posted by Strife777 (1614 posts) -

You should eat your eggs the only way they were meant to be eaten! RAW! WITH A FETUS IN IT!

I think those kinds of things are great. Reminds me of the alcoholic drink facts in Catherine. I don't even drink and I wanted to hear all of them :P.

#10 Edited by supamon (1334 posts) -

Soft boiled eggs are awesome mini breakfast meals. Add some soy sauce and pepper to it, grab some butter/kaya toast with a cup of joe and you're gold.

#11 Posted by Demoskinos (15160 posts) -

Real men eat Balut.

#12 Posted by ZombiePie (5755 posts) -

@hailinel said:

I know it's just a soft-boiled egg recipe, guys. Just asking if anyone tried it by the directions. :P

Then I can tell you that it results in a "wet" egg.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.