Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killer is Dead

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 01, 2013

Directed by Hideyuki Shin and written by Suda51, Killer is Dead is a third-person action game following fictional assassin, Mondo Zappa.

XSEED brings over a Collectors Edition at no extra cost.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

So I was looking stuff up about this game last night and apparently came across the news that XSEED the publisher of Killer is Dead is bringing the special edition over to North America and its going to be at no extra cost for people who buy the first run for the standard price of $59.99

Limited Edition includes:

• Bonus 80 page hardcover artbook
    • Soundtrack CD containing 25 songs
    • A special DLC code for 4 in-game items:
      • Gigolo Glasses
      • Alternate costumes for Vivienne and Mika
      • A bonus Gigolo Mission with Betty
      • An additional episode with the vampiric Sebastian

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

• A special DLC code for 4 in-game items:
      • Gigolo Glasses

I find this part disappointing.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Though I got no intentions of getting the limited edition. I'm definitely checking this game out.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Humanity

Unlike the Bombcrew I love concept art and especially physical artbooks and if it's 80 pages then I'm sold.

I honestly don't understand what people don't like about concept art. I mean I get that it's completely superfluous but I really enjoy going through the in-game galleries and checking out character sketches. Maybe it's because I'm an illustrator myself so I love to admire other peoples art styles.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

@humanity said:

Unlike the Bombcrew I love concept art and especially physical artbooks and if it's 80 pages then I'm sold.

I honestly don't understand what people don't like about concept art. I mean I get that it's completely superfluous but I really enjoy going through the in-game galleries and checking out character sketches. Maybe it's because I'm an illustrator myself so I love to admire other peoples art styles.

Bingo.

Anywhoo this 'no extra cost' deal doesn't seem to apply over in the UK. Different publishers, though, so that could explain it... Also, new 'missions'? As in side missions? Besides its utterly gorgeous art style and that it has action gameplay akin to Metal Gear Rising, I know little else about what this game is. Oh, and Gigolo missions? Fucking lol.

Killer is Dead is a day 1 for me already, but it's like everytime I see or read more about this game, the icing on the cake begins to evolve into its very own dish...

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I had no idea the Gigolo Glasses were DLC.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@yummylee: So unless you're some form of artist you can't gleam any sort of enjoyment out of looking at concept art?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@humanity said:

@yummylee: So unless you're some form of artist you can't gleam any sort of enjoyment out of looking at concept art?

No, but you can get a lot more out of it than most.

Yadilie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Yadilie

Thanks for disappointing me. Thought this was Celceta related. And now I'm back to sobbing over the fact this'll be my only non box version of Ys I own. Kind of wish the forum related to post was bigger. Hmph.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By BoOzak

In the UK the "Fan Edition" (£55) contains everything and the "Limited Edition" (which is at no extra cost) contains all the dlc stuff. Are you sure you're not mixing up the LE and the Fan Edition or is there only one version in the US?

I'm not too bothered either way as long as i'm not missing any levels or features of the game. It just seems abit weird that you'd get all this physical stuff for free, which never happens.

EDIT: Scrath that, I remember TW2 having all that and more (minus bonus dlc) and it was actually cheaper than most games (£24) but CDPR are crazy. (Demon's Souls: Black Phantom Edition may have been the same price but I cant remember)

RE-EDIT: Here's an image for the "Fan Edition" for anyone who's interested.

No Caption Provided
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@boozak: Gamestop has one version listed for US. Also physical goods for free isn't unheard of. NISA does it all the time. Ive got copies of Atelier Rorona,Aterlier Totori and Ar Tonelico:Knell of Ar Ciel all which came with a hard cover art book and soundtrack for free with the first print editions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.